Centuria Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kevin Burke

1. "Business Development Coordinator"

Current Employee - Business Development Coordinator in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Business Development Coordinator in Reston, VA

I have been working at Centuria full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a great experience where you get to work alongside some awesome people. Since the shift in top management 3 years ago, Centuria has been more effective at communicating with current employees across its multiple programs. Top management now puts a lot of emphasis on creating a great experience for each employee. I've also had a lot of availability to grow into multiple positions within the company and have been consistently rewarded for my efforts.

Cons

I haven't had any bad experiences with Centuria since the management shift 3 years ago.

Advice to Management

None.

2. "Job is Okay, Centuria is Questionable"

Current Employee - Patent Classifier in Harrisonburg, VA
    Current Employee - Patent Classifier in Harrisonburg, VA

I have been working at Centuria full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Job is okay. Atmosphere is decent. Centuria has nothing to do with that.You work onsite for lead company and rarely have contact with anyone from the home office. Work can be interesting and position offers flexible hours in comparison with others.

Cons

Raises are practically nonexistent. Home office is very unprofessional. Always check your paycheck for errors. Benefits are sub-par. Website claims benefits not "currently offered" even after being reminded numerous times. Not sure if the company is luring in candidates by the listed benefits or can't afford website upkeep. Longtime co-workers have no expectations for improvements and seem numb to it all. The first time I met the owner he said something to the affect that years ago this contract was important to the company, then it wasn't. It is again though. Long-timer explained that company lost most contracts recently.

Advice to Management

Take a few classes in acting. Then maybe you'll come across more credible to the employees. Or even better, improve pay, benefits, leadership and ethical behavior. Appreciate the employees you have. We are honest, hardworking people that deserve your respect. Don't think for a moment that we are stupid enough to fall for your dishonesty. Complaisant, but not stupid.

May 23, 2017 – HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER

? We encourage everyone to read the other reviews as this review does not fit among the others. Every issue listed is either fabricated (90%) or an outcome of Centuria being a subcontractor on ... More

3. "Old Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Centuria full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked in HQ back in 2013.
    -People were great
    -Salary was great
    -I thought there would have been growth. The old C-Level did provide training opportunities.

Cons

- They lost a contract which lead to many layoffs
    - CEO was friendly when wanted to be, other times, well..
    - Ended up doing duties that weren't in the job description
    - Was great until it all went downhill and everyone was let go.

Dec 15, 2016 – HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER

Founder/CEO hired referenced C-suite to manage enormous growth created by CEO. CEO withdrew to Founder/Chairman position. Under direct C-Suite management company lost 70% of revenue, C-suite and ... More

5. "Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistantc-Contractor in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistantc-Contractor in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Centuria (Less than a year)

Pros

People are friendly and could not ask for better working conditions.

Cons

There are no cons where I work.

Dec 16, 2016 – Business Development coordinator/Rectuier

Thanks for the wonderful review! We greatly value our Norfolk staff. Every employee we've had there has made great contributions towards the success of the program.

6. "centria"

Former Employee - Supervisor/Lead Computer Support Technician in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Supervisor/Lead Computer Support Technician in Reston, VA

I worked at Centuria (More than a year)

Pros

great people to work with.

Cons

This was only a contract,only lasted 5 years.

Advice to Management

NA

"Great company and team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Centuria (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible working arrangements, managers with an understanding of what employees do.

Cons

Continued hiring for a contract even after losing that contract.

Advice to Management

Be realistic in your hiring. If the contract is lost, freeze hiring until successful appeal.

Dec 15, 2016 – HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER

There would be no point in hiring after a contract loss. But we understand the misunderstanding as the government cancelled this procurement unexpectedly.

8. "Fantastic experience."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Reston, VA

I have been working at Centuria full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Centuria's smaller size allows all employees the freedom to truly make a difference within the company.

Cons

I haven't run into any issues.

"Viable/Transition Company"

Current Employee - Requirements Analyst in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Requirements Analyst in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Centuria full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Reasonable salaries offered to persons of experience help this organization excel in the governmental contract arena. However, better management policies & standardization could be more effectively applied.

Cons

Very little regard to educational achievement, or previous experience in the IT community.

Advice to Management

More consideration to the longevity of governmental contracts could be made more apparent to potential hires. . .During contract transition, it was very apparent that "Full Knowledge" of organizational status was not shared. This disrespectful approach toward recruitment was rather reprehensible, and unfair to individuals, who had the expectation of long-termed employment.

Dec 15, 2016 – HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER

Unexpected and unpredictable governmental action confused for Centuria withholding information.

"Avoid - shady, sneaky, and deceitful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Centuria full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They paid me for my time. Flexible schedule.

Cons

It seems they try to stay fully staffed to appeal to potential customers/contracts. As a result, they hire team members even if the current contract is about to end. They also don't inform potential team members of the impending end to the contract. The only way you will find out is from another co-worker. Despite the main office talking head telling us we had at least 90 days while a contract protest was being processed, I was still laid off (via email Friday evening) two weeks later. They show no concern for potential and current employees beyond what they law requires of them.

Advice to Management

None, I just hope karma is a real thing. To the HR/Recruiters, close your office door and use your inside voice. I'm sure they woman you were talking to on the phone wouldn't appreciate that half the office heard she was having a c-section because the baby was in the wrong position. Also, leave your yankee candles at home. They stink and are overpowering. Not appropriate for a shared office environment. Also, please have the decency to tell people to their face that they have been laid off instead of sending an email.

Dec 15, 2016 – HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER

Government procurement cancelled immediately after protest filed. Government failed at two attempts to award follow on contract, and then gave up, broke up the work and sole sourced to several 8(a ... More

11. "Great company"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Martinsburg, WV
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Martinsburg, WV

I worked at Centuria full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They care about their employees.
    Benefits are comparable

Cons

I have no negative things to say about Centuria.