Cover image for Citco

65% Recommend to a Friend
82% Approve of CEO

Found 2,354 of over 2K reviews

3.5
Citco CEO Christopher Smeets (no image)
Christopher Smeets

Got a burning question about Citco? Just ask!

Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefits; used to have unlimited tuition subsidy(in 164 reviews)
  • "Some people are great; Casual attire for most part of the year; learning derivatives and their quirks(in 128 reviews)
  • "Free beer to distract you from the fact that you're still at work at 8pm.(in 85 reviews)
  • "Good team mates and culture(in 59 reviews)
  • "Helpful and friendly colleagues to share and solve problems together(in 58 reviews)
Cons
  • "No work life balance because if you're a competent employee you are expected to pick up the slack from irresponsible coworkers.(in 179 reviews)
  • "Long hours and lack of resources(in 130 reviews)
  • "Bad management and not supportive(in 122 reviews)
  • "The low salaries are supposed to be made up by overtime during 'busy season' working 70(in 90 reviews)
  • "Late working hours upto 15(in 84 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Citco and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great place to work

Mar 16, 2023 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture is great

Cons

I can't think of any

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Work at Citco

Feb 3, 2023 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Citco is truly a great place to work at. The company's mission is so purposeful and I truly feel like I'm making a difference. The people here are so kind and the company definitely tries to walk the talk. I feel like they really strive to be inclusive of everyone.

Cons

Nothing really bad about this company

3. Join the Citco team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee

Inconsistent workload and multiple international offices

Dec 29, 2022 - Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Generally enjoy working with people across the company. No take home work. Expected daily and monthly deliverables are relatively easy to schedule around. Remote work will likely be capped 2 days in-office for 2023 (unless otherwise negotiated)

Cons

First two weeks of each month are busiest and effectively blacked out from taking PTO. Feels like you're either extremely busy or hardly working. "Lean", "efficient" teams means limited coverage Multiple international offices can mean short overlaps in shifts which impacts ability to collaborate and/or support. You may be required to cover items from other offices with no additional compensation.

5. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Syndicate of HR & old/tenured managers

Nov 11, 2022 - Vice President in India, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Big player of the industry, Varities of roles

Cons

HR Citco Pune does not enforce policies but the whims & fancies of old/tenured folks, in company for long time. The roles/titles are useless, even AVP/VP are treated like personal servants of SVP/EVP. HR will ignore any escalation and will only act if SVP/EVP wants them to. Many employees got traumatized and left without finding any job. Working here can systematically cause harm to health, married life and professional career

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

An absolute disgrace in the industry

Dec 16, 2022 - Manager- Financial Statement Reporting in Malvern, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You made it here to read the review. This might just change/save your career path and not make the mistake that I did.

Cons

This review specifically applies to Malvern, PA office in FSR, but people I talk to in other locations are also miserable. You must have seen other reviews about work life balance problems with Citco. That’s just tip of the iceberg. You will be subject to working on menial tasks(if that is your thing). My job since day 1(Manager level) is correcting and covering up for other employees’ lazy mistakes. All I do for 12-16 hours a day is review and mark up errors in PDF financial statements and correct excel formulas. Believe or not, work quality from offshore is better than lazy & incompetent employees in Malvern office. Your team leads actually want to work hard, but deep down inside they want to get out of this rotten to the core organization. You will be surrounded by utterly miserable people which is sort of travesty. Now focusing on real things that nobody wants to talk about: The power in Malvern office is concentrated among handful of EVP/Senior Managers whose personalities are mix of self righteous, loathing, narcissistic, condescending with splash of OCD. Management likes to hear themselves talk. Systemic problems since last 10 years in Malvern office have been ignored for sake of bottom dollarcreating a highly toxic work environment. You will routinely be subject to grueling 70+ hour work weeks from Jan-Apr and cannot take even a single vacation day(official policy). During every quarter end, you will be subjected to work 60+ hour weeks for about 4 weeks. In a calendar year, you will work unreasonable amount of hours for about half of year(25 weeks). Most of the time is wasted on self inflicted crises. Some of the draconian policies below. Official HR policy is 3 strikes, and you’re out. You will get routinely(emphasis here) written up for things like: You are late by even 10 minutes and fail to inform manager. You will be written up. You are unable to follow exact(yes exact) instructions from your manager. You will be written up. If you do not accept task from anybody senior than you, will be written up. Doesn’t matter if person is in your Org or not.

5 people found this review helpful

Citco Response

HR

This is unfortunate to read and not the Citco I recognize. We appreciate that you took the time to leave feedback.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Exit survey

Nov 3, 2022 - Vice President in Jersey City, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible office schedule, relaxed office environment

Cons

Lack of promotion opportunities in JRC - other offices like Dublin have promoted people multiple times within 3-4 years while headcount/FTE issues in JRC make that nearly impossible, regardless of a person’s overall contribution to the team for years. Compensation - certain people are relied on a lot more because they are more capable and dedicated, but that only equates to a few thousand dollars more per year, which is not worth countless more hours.

8. 4.0

NA

Dec 27, 2022 - Senior Prod Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work and good people

Cons

No real cons to talk of

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Succeeding and Growing

Oct 24, 2022 - Senior IT Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture. Management cares for staff. Good benefits.

Cons

Minimal salary increases. Working through the challenges of getting staff back in the office versus offering work from home.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Worst Nightmare

Nov 22, 2022 - Commercial Loan Manager in Malvern, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay scale. Remote work- when IT helps.

Cons

They don't train there employees. Management is horrible. They won't give more work to do so they push people out.

1 person found this review helpful

Citco Response

HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It's great to hear you felt fairly compensated for your role. We regularly benchmark to ensure that our total compensation package remains competitive within our industry and location. We are always interested to learn how we can enhance the employee experience at Citco, so thank you for leaving your feedback.

11. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

The most stressful job I've ever had

Apr 12, 2022 - Loan Servicing Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is competitive, benefits are good, coworkers are nice if you get to talk to them when things aren't in crisis mode, which is almost never

Cons

Work at Citco is largely a series of artificial crises in order to meet arbitrary deadlines. Month end is a perpetual fire drill and takes 3 weeks out of the month, during which you spend the largest chunk of your time giving status updates and getting blasted by emails or yelled at in Zoom meetings by people in other cities or on other continents. Turnover is out of control. Zero-work life balance. I got called by my boss when I was putting my kids on the school bus in the morning, after six when I was taking out the trash, and after 9;00 PM when I was taking the dog out. You could be logged in 24/7 of you wanted to, the work NEVER ends.

5 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,354 Reviews
</>Embed

Citco Reviews FAQs

Citco has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 2,446 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Citco to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Citco employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Citco. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

65% of Citco employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Citco 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Citco to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be culture, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Citco Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Citco? Share Your Experiences

Citco logo

Citco Careers

Cover image for Citco

Why Citco? Easy! It’s our people.  We are recognized as an industry leader in our field, and that is because of the hard work and...More

• Our values
  • Careers at Citco

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

17 days ago

Company News
Citco Ireland has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces™ for Women in Ireland in 2023! We are proud to celebrate this fantastic achievement, and more importantly, are grateful to all our staff at Citco Ireland for taking part in the survey. Women are a huge part of our success at Citco and we are so pleased to receive insight into what women value about working here, and what we can do to further enhance their experience. #BestWorkplaces2023 #TheCitcoWay #CitcoCommunity
Shared image - The Citco Group Limited on LinkedIn: #bestworkplaces2023 #thecitcoway #citcocommunity
www.linkedin.com

18 days ago

Happy International Women’s Day! At the Citco group of companies (Citco), we continue to champion gender equality and celebrate the contributions of women in making Citco a success – which is why this month we’re highlighting what #EmbraceEquity means to our colleagues across the globe and how we ensure everyone feels valued for their unique differences. At Citco, diversity, equity and inclusivity are at the heart of our business. We pride ourselves on investing in our people and strive to ensure that all of our colleagues can achieve their career ambitions, through our welcoming family-first culture. Join us as we celebrate International Women’s Day throughout March to mark the amazing achievements of the women in our lives. #InternationalWomensDay #CitcoCommunity #TheCitcoWay #EmbraceEquity #IWD2023
Shared image - The Citco Group Limited on LinkedIn: #embraceequity #internationalwomensday #citcocommunity #thecitcoway...
www.linkedin.com

Citco Job Seekers Also Viewed

State Street

8,796 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 2,446 Citco reviews submitted anonymously by Citco employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Citco is right for you.