Citco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.8

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citco (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was preceded by a written skills assessment in order to test prior experience level and overall knowledge. The interview itself was somewhat informal, but heavily accounting based with a number of specific, technical questions. The interview was with two hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• They asked about journal entries and provided specific scenarios then asked which account would be debited/credited.   Answer Question

Investor Relations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citco (Malvern, PA).

Interview

I interviewed here couple of weeks ago. I felt immediately welcome and attached right from the beginning. The interview went well.. I met with Jason, Michelle and Scott and they were really amazing.
    I was optimistic. about getting a phone call with the good news but two weeks after, my agent told me they chose to proceed with another candidate. If anything, I believe the reason I wasn't hired was probably because they found an exact like for like replacement for the role. Didn't mean I wouldn't have impressed at the role.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citco (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was actually done remotely while I was on vacation. It went really well and the interviewers were very punctual and on time with my interview. We managed to do all the interview process via Skype. I was interviewed by two managers and a vice president. They asked me basic questions that someone for this position should definitely know the answers to. They also were helpful in describing what Charlotte was like.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citco (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Thru recruiter, met HR and manager and peer. What really stood out was being in a closed office with an Human Resources manager that had serious body odor! From talking to others there after hire and speaking with again she smells horrible! It is somewhat of a good representation of being at Citco. It stinks!

Hedge Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citco (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

First interview on phone. They will ask you questions about how do you accountant for a call option, a put option, currency forwards etc. If you know all this information you should be fine throughout the interview.

Second interview is through Skype and the same questions are asked again. they are testing you to see if you have the knowledge to perform the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you account for such transaction. Debits and Credits. Not general accounts.
      2. Explain the process in your previous jobs.
      3. Why Citco?

Basic questions to see if you really are interested in the position.
      Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citco.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 directors and 2 managers. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. Asked about prior experience, hobbies, strengths, weaknesses, standard questions. very friendly interview. no difficult or technical questions were asked.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citco (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I had a phone interview with a couple of tech managers, including the hiring manager. Within a couple of days, the recruiter said they really liked me and I was the #1 candidate. The in-person interview was scheduled fin Charlotte with the hiring manager. Upon arrival, I was presented with a stack of 1960's style interview forms. After about 30 minutes of filling in the ridiculous forms, the hiring manager and one other manager came out and they looked shocked that I was their candidate. We proceeded to the adjacent conference room where they began to talk among themselves about how lax the environment was. That went on for about 30 minutes and they thanked me for coming in. Next the HR manager came in and she seemed like I was wasting her time. She talked another 20 minutes about the parking garages close to the office. Then, she got up and asked that I follow her to view the break room. After that lovely trip, she thanked me for coming in and I left the office.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citco (West Chester, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for a temp position through a staffing agency. My interviewer was personable and knowledgeable. He gave me an accurate description of what the first six months would be like.

Interview Questions

• How much experience did I have with Excel, particularly the more advanced functions and features (pivot tables, sumifs, vlookups, match/index, if/then statements, etc.)   Answer Question

Senior IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citco (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

After telephonic and F2F, paperwork completed, for Senior IT Project Manager on contract basis. Raised concern post background check.
    CITCO mgmt decided not to go ahead with hiring due to bad credit history, had 3 yr old foreclosure on credit report.
    Lost current project as given them notice based on the confirmation earlier from CITCO.
    Very bad experience, be aware!!

Senior Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citco (Charlotte, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

Recruiter found me from LinkedIn. Great headhunter. Knew his stuff.
    Setup an interview on the phone with , who would be, my supervisor. Had a good 45 minute conversation about my career and the job requirements. By the end of the call he told me that he was feeling that the interview was positive.
    Later that day I was called by the recruiter. He let me know that I was wanted for a second interview with someone on the executive team. This would be onsite and wanted to know if I could fly out the next day. The next morning I was on a plane to North Carolina for the second interview. The trip was paid for by the company except for taxi to and from the airport ($28 each way but this will be reimbursed).
    The Second Interview was a good 2 hours with the CSO followed by lunch with the CSO and the Supervisor. I got a good overview of what they are looking for and what would be expected of me if I took the role.
    Later that afternoon was the 3rd interview with the HR representative. Her questions were the most interactive and through that I can recall from any other HR interview before. Afterwards I left and flew home.

Interview Questions

• Asked what I thought of there IT process compared to my other experiences with other industries.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still in Negotiations