ClickSoftware Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Employee friendly with excellent work-life balance (in 17 reviews)

• Wonderful environment to work, great support for the employees (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • product implementation can be a pain because of the R&D focus on feature savvyness rather than realiability (in 7 reviews)

• Nothing, except no work from home (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best company I've every worked for"

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great product, cutting edge technologies, rapidly growing market, awesome people, very positive momentum, top class leadership and management.

Cons

Can improve on Work/life balance.

2. "Marketing Team"

Current Employee - Marketing Team in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Team in Burlington, MA

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Finally some strong people from the investment team came in (customer success, sales, etc) and figured out very quickly what was going on. They have also been very transparent with all the corrections required. Yes they removed some of the prior management (people that I joined for) but several had to go as they didn't know how to run things properly. The leadership team overall now seem to have the company on a path to a brighter future. Many of us worried as we naturally would but things are proving out to be positive and they care about the space. I find the environment to be leaning towards one of empowerment versus "just do your job" but time will tell...

Cons

The worst is behind. Any suggested cons would mostly be associated with the old regime which tended to over complicate things and be indecisive. They also didn't really understand the space we serve. When new leadership enters the investment group needs to make sure they don't fall back into old ways.

3. "Disgraceful Management team"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Burlington, MA

I worked at ClickSoftware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Click was a hard working company with strong values and always a family atmosphere. Now since the company was sold it has deteriatied rapidly. Lies and mis-direction are now the new values. example, the CEO was fired over two weeks ago but yet remains on thier website! The firing was justified as this guy ran the company into the ground within 6 months and all the top management and staff left. To replace them they hired a ton of VP's none with any field service experience and the downturn continue. Now thier is finger pointing, lost deals, bad decisions, enormous pressure on people whi end up getting fired left and right. Fast forward two years later and none of the original employees are there which means no radmap, no real R & D. The only good news is that most of the company went or is planning to jump ship to Salesforce who picked up where the old Click left off and are now kicking major butt!

Cons

Ther are so many but the biggest concerns are as follows:
    No experience leadership,
    No trust among the staff for leadership in place,
    Every inidcation is that within a year Click will most likely be sold and the new employees will not have much of a future as the company purchasing them are only out for the technology.
    Pay is now poor
    Management reneges on bonuses
    NO ROADMAP, NO Investment in product development so technology is getting outdated fast
    Our competitors are stealing our customers left and right as its clear the company is not focused on them.
    Losing a huge Telco in Canada because no one is paying attention to them.

Advice to Management

This is for Francisco Partner who now owns the company. YOu bought a vibrate company and allowed it to be run into the ground. Not fiscally prudent advice for your investors in your fund. Why dont you work to bring back the strong team that was already in place and use the funds you wasted on firing and rehiring ineffective people not tomention the lost revenue as a result.

"Buyer Beware!"

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people at Click are truly wonderful! Incredibly kind and smart and willing to get the job done no matter what. They also remodeled the office which looks very nice and is an upgrade to the 90's decor they had before, however, no amount of paint can cover up the mess that is actually occurring in this company. The 'pros' stop there.

Cons

Click has done two major layoffs within the last 6 months and it's HIGHLY troubling. The top executive positions in the company have been axed along with tons of Vp's and directors! All the top roles within the company so we can only guess that Francisco Partners is trying to sell even though they continuously claim they are not. Well they've lied multiple times before so who is to say they aren't lying now. The senior leadership that is left is just awful. No leadership skills whatsoever (unless you consider micromanagement a positive skill) and the second and third in command are following their lead which is creating a downward spiral of utter madness. Marketing (as well as other parts of the company) have been decimated and I'm not sure how they're expecting anything to get done with no staff and no support. I'm planning on jumping ship before I become a victim of their "reorganizations" and while I still have a chance to swim away from this Titanic.

Advice to Management

Be honest to your employees and treat them with some dignity and respect.

"An Environment of Fear and Uncertainty"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people (except senior leadership from FP) are outstanding for the most part. The employees in India seem happy but not sure if that's real.

Cons

Francisco Partners (FP) -- the Private Equity firm that owns us. They are destroying what's left. Domain knowledge has been walking out the door either voluntarily or through layoff since they took over two year ago. The cloud product doesn't work -- and although Click wants to be SaaS/cloud company, they always fall back to on-premise, old products because it makes more money -- very short sighted considering the cloud is where the valuation of the company will come from. Sales is a disaster -- no knowledge about how to sell into enterprise accounts or grow the business; and they are now competing head to head with Salesforce.com and Oracle -- good luck with a product that hasn't been selling and can't be implemented with success; just ask the customers -- they are not happy. Also, no more lead generation -- marketing has been marginalized. Professional services has been decimated -- hardly anyone left to implement a solution that takes months to roll out. And PS was where all the product and domain knowledge existed. The UK office is a shell of what it was -- graveyard, really. In Israel, product management is highly inexperienced -- there is no real product vision -- they are stuck in the 1990s. R&D has strong leadership but it's been hell trying to move the development team to agile let alone have the cloud product up and running to meet SLAs. Very reluctant to change. And operations? The systems are so convoluted and process heavy it's amazing Click can even pay its bills or order pencils.

Advice to Management

FP -- you fired the CEO and now there's a huge vacuum in leadership. Let's face it -- you bought a company for 1/2 a billion dollars and it's maybe worth half that; the product is the problem. If you're planning on selling, just do it -- we all hope you get your money back. Stop sugar coating the situation -- we know we're just a bunch of numbers associated with a $ and that you don't care about the business and the people who built it. A fresh coat of paint doesn't mean you care. FP -- you said you'd be transparent and over communicate. Well, we're waiting.

6. "Great corporate culture, exciting growth and future potential"

Current Employee - G&A in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - G&A in Burlington, MA

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- exciting growth potential (market space and company strategy)
    - strong executive team (dynamic leadership skills, alignment across exec staff, frequent communication)
    - good comp

Cons

- change has impacted the engagement of some employees... but all changes have been the right move for the business

Advice to Management

keep articulating the strategy and vision to employees, it resonates with the teams.

Aug 15, 2017 – Sr. Director, Global Talent

Thanks for your feedback, and your thoughtful review. I agree with that we’re in a great space and we’re poised to capture even more market-share- especially since we have the right leadership team... More

7. "Great place to work! Great people, technology, energy!"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently joined Click because of the great people and culture. The technology and being the market leader is fantastic. The overall focus and direction of where the company is going makes it an exciting place to work and be part of. There is a great leadership team in place that drives the positive culture.

Cons

There are no cons at this time

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The communication, focus, and direction of where the company is going is exciting.

Aug 2, 2017 – Sr. Director, Global Talent

Thank you for writing this review! We have so many new people here (I’m one of them) who joined for the same reasons you mention- the culture and the people. I’m so excited to be part of something... More

8. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time

Pros

Ability to influence change, fast paced growth, open communications, great people

Cons

There are still some times that decisions are being made too quickly

"Very thankful I chose ClickSoftware"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Burlington, MA

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I started looking for a new company last year, I hoped to find one that combined the excitement and opportunity of a startup with the security of a larger, more established company. I chose ClickSoftware because it hit these criteria but also gave me the opportunity to sell a solution that directly impacts everyone, not just a company’s IT staff. It’s certainly an established company – we have offices around the world, are the market leaders in a rapidly expanding market, and regularly compete against, and beat, companies like Oracle. Like a startup, though, we have the opportunity to train with VPs for both our current and future sales roles, lead project teams that report to VPs and will be presented to the CEO, receive individual feedback from our executive team on our accomplishments, and even meet with the CEO to tell him what’s working and what should be improved for us to do our jobs better. (It also helped that they offered a better salary than I saw from the startups along with uncapped commission) I’m thankful I made this decision – we’re given every tool we need to succeed and are involved in the major decisions that affect us, even choosing our new territory alignment because they know we know best. Our team has also had contests for a Microsoft Surface, Beats headphones, Bose speakers, Red Sox tickets, and a trip to London, which is pretty awesome.

Cons

Until about a month ago, I would’ve said I felt isolated from the other departments; however, since we’ve had changes in SDR management, we now lead project teams working with almost every other department in the office. I really enjoy the opportunity to learn from them and demonstrate more of my abilities.

Advice to Management

Continue being transparent and bringing in the best talent and organizing team-building activities like our happy hours and outings

"Best product in the market"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best field service product in the market. much better than all others.
    great technology and long term product vision
    very creative people
    experts in the service domain

Cons

New managers still need to adjust to the market, need to respect legacy

Advice to Management

Educate all new employees about the field service

Aug 23, 2017 – Sr. Director, Global Talent

Thanks for writing about us! This is my first foray into the Field Service product market, and it's exciting to be with the market leader. With our winning combination of strategy and market place... More