ClickSoftware Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
ClickSoftware CEO Tom Heiser
Tom Heiser

Pros
  • Nice place and a good work life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Nice environment to work, if not direct on sales (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • product implementation can be a pain because of the R&D focus on feature savvyness rather than realiability (in 8 reviews)

• Vacation time, work from home, overall flexibility could be improved (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best company I've every worked for"

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great product, cutting edge technologies, rapidly growing market, awesome people, very positive momentum, top class leadership and management.

Cons

Can improve on Work/life balance.

"Very thankful I chose ClickSoftware"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Burlington, MA

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I started looking for a new company last year, I hoped to find one that combined the excitement and opportunity of a startup with the security of a larger, more established company. I chose ClickSoftware because it hit these criteria but also gave me the opportunity to sell a solution that directly impacts everyone, not just a company’s IT staff. It’s certainly an established company – we have offices around the world, are the market leaders in a rapidly expanding market, and regularly compete against, and beat, companies like Oracle. Like a startup, though, we have the opportunity to train with VPs for both our current and future sales roles, lead project teams that report to VPs and will be presented to the CEO, receive individual feedback from our executive team on our accomplishments, and even meet with the CEO to tell him what’s working and what should be improved for us to do our jobs better. (It also helped that they offered a better salary than I saw from the startups along with uncapped commission) I’m thankful I made this decision – we’re given every tool we need to succeed and are involved in the major decisions that affect us, even choosing our new territory alignment because they know we know best. Our team has also had contests for a Microsoft Surface, Beats headphones, Bose speakers, Red Sox tickets, and a trip to London, which is pretty awesome.

Cons

Until about a month ago, I would’ve said I felt isolated from the other departments; however, since we’ve had changes in SDR management, we now lead project teams working with almost every other department in the office. I really enjoy the opportunity to learn from them and demonstrate more of my abilities.

Advice to Management

Continue being transparent and bringing in the best talent and organizing team-building activities like our happy hours and outings

"Best product in the market"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best field service product in the market. much better than all others.
    great technology and long term product vision
    very creative people
    experts in the service domain

Cons

New managers still need to adjust to the market, need to respect legacy

Advice to Management

Educate all new employees about the field service

"Truth or Myth"

Former Employee - Sales in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Burlington, MA

I worked at ClickSoftware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Mentors when given the opportunity to coach, and provide great results. An amazing solution to sell!

Cons

Click promises a future, a niche if you will where you can spread your wings and learn with this "like" start up. Francisco Partners bought ClickSoftware a couple of years ago so naturally, Click is under a ton of pressure to perform and increase their bottom line at an exponential rate. However, too much is promised and not enough delivered. Sr Management hasn't a clue on how to train and work with their teams, while they individually have a strong will to coach, the C-Suite leadership holds tight reins. The division between Sales, Alliances and Product Marketing is alarming. It has been a revolving door for the past several months. I was appalled to read the aforementioned positive reviews, and it's unfortunate to say but I agree with a previous review that alluded to these reviews as fake. I know for a fact that once a week HR assembles and writes their own positive reviews to combat the truthful negative ones. It is not my intention to be negative, just truthful based on my experience here. Project Gordan took a lot of now ex clickers by surprise, my advice to new recruits is simply, be involved in your interview process, ask a lot of tough questions, and in the end do what is right for you. I do wish Click the best in figuring out their new model for success, it's a remarkable solution and I know FP made the right choice in purchasing Click and now getting it ready for a big enterprise sale. So friends, truth or myth, I will leave that to you to learn for yourself!

Advice to Management

Stand up to your C-Suite leadership, and remind them as to why you are there in the first place!

5. "Amazing company with a high-performance culture"

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

An established global company with a start-up feel. Click is really investing in their talent and there is a huge opportunity to add value to the business.

The Click community is really special. “Clickers” tend to be high-performers, innovative, collaborative, and leave their egos at the door. It’s incredibly motivating to be surrounded by such top-notch talent.

The leadership team is unbelievable – progressive, strategic, and well aligned.

If you’re willing to work hard and eager to add value, it’s truly an amazing place to be.

Cons

It can be a challenging environment if you don’t adapt well to change.

"These reviews are very suspicious"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Burlington, MA

Pros

Leader in the MQ, great growth industry and certainly great name recognition.

Cons

The reviews contradict the revolving door of employees leaving the company or being fired. New heads of sales and services have been brought it with little or no field service experience. The result slow sales , long implementations , overworked employees who have no senior folks to fall back on. Much of he development and support is in India. Management seems to have one plan, cut costs by slashing heads, reduce R&D spending and bring in junior techs who don't have the necessary experience needed to drive businesses.

Advice to Management

Future is uncertain, help the employees by being straight with them so they know how The future will unfold. Let your customers know the company is up for sale so they can plan. This was once an honest and solid company. Be straight with the people that keep you employees. When I read the reviews that say amazing place to work but then ask current colleagues and friend that still work there how well is the company going I hear feedback such as terrible, a shambles, they are ruining the Click name, everyone is afraid for their job, mass layoffs happen frequently and before holidays. I have to think who is posting a good review when so many hate what the company has become? Management be honsest with the new hires tell them what's really going on so they can choose for themselves.

7. "Good place to work hard"

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is immense opportunity to excel, and make a real impact at this company. This takes significant effort, ability, and desire to succeed. Worthwhile mission. Those who do well are rewarded and recognized.

Cons

Vacation time, work from home, overall flexibility could be improved. While there is quite a bit of opportunity within the company, it feels like some career tracks are limited because all the management is being hired from outside

Advice to Management

Increase trust and empowerment to all employees

8. "Best Company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Phenomenally talented leadership, surrounded by passionate/high caliber employees, well-positioned in the market, great product

Cons

Pace can be intensive, lots of priorities

Advice to Management

Need to drive greater focus

"Miserable"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We have a great solution in the FSM world and some great employees.

Cons

Since the FP acquisition and new management came in, they have brought the company down, people and tons of knowledge are walking out the door. Management team is so inexperienced and selfish, it can actually be amusing to watch.

Advice to Management

Bring in some new folks who really know how to run an organization and can help turn us around and back in the right direction.

10. "Great company!"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Burlington, MA

I worked at ClickSoftware (More than a year)

Pros

Management, Benefits, flexibility, home-office, great environment

Cons

Partners, partners, partners, partners, partners.

Advice to Management

Build a Professional Services Team, solid to be able to install and support the installation and customization of the software, without partners.