ClickSoftware Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
ClickSoftware CEO Mark Cattini
Mark Cattini

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Employee friendly with excellent work-life balance" (in 24 reviews)

• "great people to help you out on any job related issue" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work from home is seldom available" (in 5 reviews)

• "product implementation can be a pain because of the R&D focus on feature savvyness rather than realiability" (in 7 reviews)

"A rocket ship about to launch"

Current Employee - Director in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Burlington, MA

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came to Click after spending 5+ years at one of the biggest tech companies in the world. I can tell you from first-hand experience, Click is a breath of fresh air. They are nimble like a startup, have the most incredible management team that is willing to roll up their sleeves and jump in the deal to help get it done.

Click has a sales first focus that makes this 22+ year sales veteran excited to begin my day, every day. Not to mention, we have the best product in the market and the analysts agree. All the traditional bureaucracy and minutia of large companies does not exist here. If you need something, all you have to do is ask. Everyone is willing to help, including the CEO.

They pay their talent well, so if you are a producer, you can make money here. It's an incredibly exciting time to be at Click. With the new leadership and focus on Customer Success, we are at a tipping point and we are poised for explosive growth. I am excited to a part of this incredible company.

Cons

The only con that I can see at this time are we move so fast, marketing sometimes has trouble keeping up. This is not a knock on them, but more of a testament as to how fast we are adding incredible capabilities to our already leading product.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the customer experience driven, sales first culture, as that is what will ultimately drive the business to the monumental success that we know is coming.

2. "Marketing Manager"

I worked at ClickSoftware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Despite operating globally, good communication.

Cons

Frequently operates with limited resources

"Solid Exec Team and office culture"

Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Experienced Executive Management team well poised to take us to the next level but who believe in having fun and maintaining a work/life balance on the ride.

Cons

While there is career opportunity at Click, and the CEO believes in internal promotions, employees are left to chart their own course, rather than having well-defined career paths

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employee engagement and customer satisfaction. Employees have been through a lot over the past few years but we feel the positive momentum and want to see it continue.

"Click On The Rise"

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great industry to be in (FSM, AI/ML, SaaS) and perfect time to be at Click. Superior technology (a few competitors do scheduling, but nobody has the optimization engine that Click has), lots of smart passionate people and culture, great new management team that seems to be really turning things around quickly. Nice to be in a growing, global company with offices and customers worldwide. Management seems committed to promoting from within and transparency. I've been here less than 1 year but so far so good!

Cons

None to note so far.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing,..

"Exciting and Dynamic Place to Work"

Current Employee - Solution Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Solution Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product and great people! Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Field Service. Everyone on the team is super helpful.

Cons

None so far! I've enjoyed coming to work every day.

"Clicksoftware is a great place to be!"

Current Employee - Sales in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Burlington, MA

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have really enjoyed the 2 years I have been with Click. The great thing about Click are the people. Without the people Click wouldn't be where the are today. The product is the best on the market. The work environment is fun and I look forward to coming to work everyday.

Cons

None, Click is an amazing company to work for.

"Great Company with a Sales Driven Culture"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ClickSoftware is a company with a fantastic product, dedicated co-workers and a sales driven culture. I have been here less than one year but can attest to the strength and vision of the management team & sales leadership team. For me personally, the sales driven culture is something you cannot put a value on, its priceless. All parts of the company come together to support the sales team achieve the growth goals. While 2018 is proving to be an incredible year for growth, it is just the beginning of many years of continued growth. The Solution Consultants are the best in the business and are strong contributors to the business. If you are an experienced sales hunter, this is the place to be!

Cons

None that I have encountered thus far

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on the sales driven culture and this organization will continue to flourish.

"Click - Poor GTM strategy for Direct Sales"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at ClickSoftware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Successful sales results compensate well, good people at the client level, when the product fits a client scenario the impact is evolutionary. UtilitiesVertical is the best sales job in the company due to the product, our complex capabilities and the size of the deals.... it is literally what Click is built for and focuses on. Quality trading on MEDDIC

Cons

Click is often exceptionally hard to do business with, whether contracts, required quantities or effective deployment and support... they lack customer centric it’s at nearly every stage of negotiations, contracts and support execution ( vs philosophy)

The new SVP has a policy that supplied pricing is only valid if the clients accepts Click,s agreement in full with no modifications.

As a private equity owned assets, the executive teams has a GTM strategy to increase company with decisions, many of which directly penalize the direct sales team. The expanding partnerships with SAP and SFDC often have no limits on the discounting that each partner can excercise to win the business. SAP often discounts 90% and the direct team ends up with less than 1/2 of the remaining 10% of the opportunity. SFDC either mandates Click leave the competitive deal (which Click often does) providing SFDC a unobstructed playing field and leaving the Click direct sales team with no credit or compensation for an opp they were competitive in and often the preferred solution for the WFM piece.

Click’s target sweet spot for rob and cost effectiveness is 500+ technicians... that market is small and with 3-5 validopportunities a year... opps are limited, so the above issues significant challenges for the current # of AE’s.

Customer service has a great ideal and poor execution. Customers are often in multiple escalations for extended weeks if not longer with minimal resolution... providing little relief to critical service operations.

R&D in Israel creates numerous timing issues for US based clients and often prove ineffective. The differences in support attitudes often produces and a client perspective of indifference resolving the client’s issues quickly.

Numerous changes in executive team, wholesale swap out over the last several years. Current executive team has minimal understanding of the data behind overview numbers so they draw faulty conclusions and ... actively choose to stay uniformed of the more detailed information.

Advice to Management

Start focusing on next gen markets and their needs rather than living in the rear view mirror where Telco and Utilities are the overwhelming bulk of the current and future focus.

Align plans, goals and territories with actual opportunity.... no the mere appearance of opportunity.

"Confident in new leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive work atmosphere
    Good benefits
    Talented coworkers who are also nice people
    Sales doing extremely well
    Product is actually better than all the competition

Cons

Wish travel was more frequent and encouraged to foster connections between teammates across the globe
    Some great people left on their own after layoffs

Advice to Management

No company is perfect, but the turnaround I've seen in the last 6 months has been amazing, and the leadership team gets full credit. They promoted the right people from within, and also brought in some proven talent with a strong track record. It feels like a completely different place compared to last year, and overall the mood is fun and positive. The new CEO is accomplished but accessible and sales are going up every quarter, so there's a lot to feel good about.

The new CEO also has his head in the game and knows what's going on in every department, and is willing to go after the big complex problems rather than blaming the wrong people or trying to scare them into action.

There have been a lot of promotions of VPs to SVPs, and all well deserved, but it would be good to see more movement for people who are in middle management or early in their careers. There is a lot of talent here but not always room to move up, so that could be improved.

With fun stuff like an outing to a Red Sox/Yankees game, Mario Kart tournaments, and the occasional free lunch, people are having more fun at work than they used to and everyone seems more at ease.

"Solutions Consultant team in USA is awesome"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at ClickSoftware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working on Click for 8 months now, and my experience has been really good.
    I like to manage my prospects and the relation with all the team on my own, and our manager is really good on that.
    We are focus on the results, so, if you provide the result , you can work on your own style.
    In addition, the company provide you great sales methodologies frameworks that makes it easier to deal with the opportunities.

Cons

The only con is that, if you don't like to travel, Solutions Consultant team is not the place to be.