KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "deadlines are often not met, sometimes there is so much going on that it's hard to on put the focus and attention that things deserve, compensation is less than market but other benefits to make up for it like workplace happiness(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

It was a great place to work

Aug 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

but it's gone now, unfortunately

Cons

was acquired by cisco years ago

2. 5.0

exciting

Oct 19, 2020 - Finance
    Business Outlook

Pros

exciting, high growth, great people

Cons

none none none none none

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Happy to have been a part of the journey

Feb 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere and leadership. Everyone was there to work hard but also have fun as a team.

Cons

product struggled to keep up with customer demands nad market place

4. 2.0
    Current Employee

Just Say No to a frustrating engineering organization

Aug 25, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really great co-workers in Waltham that are easy to get along with. Pay is decent and work/life balance is pretty much whatever you choose. Free lunches on Friday are above average. The local HR and office management is great and have created a cozy work environment. The chickenllama is an adorable mascot!

Cons

The dysfunction in the engineering organization makes it practically impossible to get anything done. Small tasks usually turn into huge projects because of all the accumulated technical debt and bikeshedding. There's terrible development practices, QA practices, release practices, operations practices, security practices, communication, leadership, death march projects, etc. You name it, CloudLock engineering is bad at it. Bad practices wouldn't necessarily be a problem if management expended any effort to actually fix the issues. They might occasionally say that they agree with you but nothing ever changes. There have been one or two reorganizations during my tenure, I guess to try to "fix" the problems, but it's still the same ambiguous processes, broken leadership, and teams with ambiguous purposes and no accountability.

4 people found this review helpful

CloudLock Response

Thanks very much for your feedback, both positive and constructive. We’re glad to hear you’ve found the people and environment so pleasant to work with! On the flip side, we hear you on some of the things that aren’t working. One of the interesting challenges of joining a startup is figuring out how to scale both a product and team and the change management required to navigate those phases of growth. At this point we’re a year plus post acquisition with Cisco and have the resources and buy-in we need to address engineering practice improvements that you recommended. We’re committed to continuous improvement and hope you’ll be part of that process. -Jess, Head of Employee Success

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great opportunities!

Jan 3, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined CloudLock in July, right before the acquisition and it has been a great experience. My days are very fast-paced and challenging but I enjoy it because I get new opportunities often and have been learning a lot. Every day is different. I have been given a lot of responsibilities and grown from them. I think there is a lot of ways to make your mark here and people who take initiatives are highly applauded. Work/life balance is good, summer Fridays were great! The culture is fun, not over the top but there are a lot of friendly people and there are a good amount of things that you can participate in.

Cons

In my experience, I find that my role is not super defined. I am doing more than I expected when I accepted the offer, which is good in my case but some might be surprised by this. Not necessarily a con but being a self-starter is important here. There is not a ton of documentation on how to do things so you need to seek out information and get projects going.

5 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Place I've Worked - EVER

Jan 3, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at CloudLock for over two years now and can honestly say this is the best place I've ever worked in my seventeen years in the workforce. For me, it really is all about the environment and people. I feel comfortable being my self (bringing my strengths and opportunities for growth to the table), knowing that there are people here who will embrace what I offer & who are growing as well. Its also amazing to work where every day there is a new challenge or obstacle to overcome. My team is right there with me giving their best effort and we're all in it together.

Cons

If I don't bring my A-game its obvious.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 1.0

Account Executive

Dec 28, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

if you like to have no work life balance this is the place.

Cons

it really was one of the worst places I've ever worked at. First of all, as sad as it sounds, if you are not Jewish you really don't stand much chance. Exec team thinks they know it all where in reality this is their first time at such a role. Terrible place over all. Do yourselves a favor and never work here.

8 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company Getting Even Better!

Jul 26, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting fun and challenging work - always an opportunity to make an impact.

Cons

Sometimes it tough keeping up

9. 4.0

My past experience

Jun 8, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

My past job was the type of work u could learn quickly and sufficiently

Cons

The manager showed favoritism and ultimately got caught and terminated due to her ways of handling situations not according to policy she sometimes took matters in her own hands as well as fabricated stories

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A year plus later and keeps getting better

Mar 31, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of companies talk about great cultures and transparency and a lot of other corporate jargon, but I can honestly say after being at CloudLock for more than a year and 1/2 now this stuff is actually really true here. There is no "ivory tower" of the executives and senior leaders - everyone is accessible and helpful and giving of their time. The people here are incredibly smart and some of the kindest folks you will ever meet. I know others have said it here - but it honestly feels like family. We are creating something special here, and the new hires we have made as we grow (fast) have really been both great fits and incredibly impactful. I honestly can't shut up about CloudLock to my friends :).

Cons

Like any start-up that is growing really fast, we probably need more improvements on certain processes and tools. We have a lot of the latest tech in development, but could probably stand to use some in other areas of the organization.

9 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 77 Reviews

CloudLock Reviews FAQs

CloudLock has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 79 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at CloudLock to a friend and 89% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CloudLock employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CloudLock. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

91% of CloudLock employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CloudLock 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at CloudLock to be benefits, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be compensation, work life balance.

Popular Careers with CloudLock Job Seekers