CloudLock Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
CloudLock CEO and Co-Founder Gil Zimmermann
Gil Zimmermann

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • For an engineering internship, there is a lot of room for an intern to make an impact (in 5 reviews)

• If you are looking for an opportunity to make an impact and see the big picture, this is your place (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • ambiguous purposes and no accountability (in 2 reviews)

"Great opportunities!"

I have been working at CloudLock full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined CloudLock in July, right before the acquisition and it has been a great experience.
    My days are very fast-paced and challenging but I enjoy it because I get new opportunities often and have been learning a lot. Every day is different. I have been given a lot of responsibilities and grown from them. I think there is a lot of ways to make your mark here and people who take initiatives are highly applauded.
    Work/life balance is good, summer Fridays were great!
    The culture is fun, not over the top but there are a lot of friendly people and there are a good amount of things that you can participate in.

Cons

In my experience, I find that my role is not super defined. I am doing more than I expected when I accepted the offer, which is good in my case but some might be surprised by this. Not necessarily a con but being a self-starter is important here. There is not a ton of documentation on how to do things so you need to seek out information and get projects going.

2. "Just Say No to a frustrating engineering organization"

I have been working at CloudLock full-time

Pros

Really great co-workers in Waltham that are easy to get along with. Pay is decent and work/life balance is pretty much whatever you choose. Free lunches on Friday are above average. The local HR and office management is great and have created a cozy work environment. The chickenllama is an adorable mascot!

Cons

The dysfunction in the engineering organization makes it practically impossible to get anything done. Small tasks usually turn into huge projects because of all the accumulated technical debt and bikeshedding. There's terrible development practices, QA practices, release practices, operations practices, security practices, communication, leadership, death march projects, etc. You name it, CloudLock engineering is bad at it.

Bad practices wouldn't necessarily be a problem if management expended any effort to actually fix the issues. They might occasionally say that they agree with you but nothing ever changes. There have been one or two reorganizations during my tenure, I guess to try to "fix" the problems, but it's still the same ambiguous processes, broken leadership, and teams with ambiguous purposes and no accountability.

Advice to Management

If a project slips once, and twice, and again, then just stop; the project is too big. Step back, break it up, and start again. Death-marches are actively destructive to the organization.

CloudLock Response

Aug 29, 2017

Thanks very much for your feedback, both positive and constructive. We’re glad to hear you’ve found the people and environment so pleasant to work with! On the flip side, we hear you on some of the... More

"Best Place I've Worked - EVER"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at CloudLock full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been at CloudLock for over two years now and can honestly say this is the best place I've ever worked in my seventeen years in the workforce. For me, it really is all about the environment and people. I feel comfortable being my self (bringing my strengths and opportunities for growth to the table), knowing that there are people here who will embrace what I offer & who are growing as well. Its also amazing to work where every day there is a new challenge or obstacle to overcome. My team is right there with me giving their best effort and we're all in it together.

Cons

If I don't bring my A-game its obvious.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the context down and give your mid-management (and individual contributors) the opportunity to lead.

"Account Executive"

I worked at CloudLock full-time

Pros

if you like to have no work life balance this is the place.

Cons

it really was one of the worst places I've ever worked at. First of all, as sad as it sounds, if you are not Jewish you really don't stand much chance. Exec team thinks they know it all where in reality this is their first time at such a role. Terrible place over all. Do yourselves a favor and never work here.

Advice to Management

be honest. TRUST is much more important than you think.

5. "Great Company Getting Even Better!"

Pros

Exciting fun and challenging work - always an opportunity to make an impact.

Cons

Sometimes it tough keeping up

Advice to Management

Keep sharing opportunities for growth internally.

"My past experience"

Pros

My past job was the type of work u could learn quickly and sufficiently

Cons

The manager showed favoritism and ultimately got caught and terminated due to her ways of handling situations not according to policy she sometimes took matters in her own hands as well as fabricated stories

Advice to Management

Treat everyone with respect

"A year plus later and keeps getting better"

I have been working at CloudLock part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of companies talk about great cultures and transparency and a lot of other corporate jargon, but I can honestly say after being at CloudLock for more than a year and 1/2 now this stuff is actually really true here. There is no "ivory tower" of the executives and senior leaders - everyone is accessible and helpful and giving of their time. The people here are incredibly smart and some of the kindest folks you will ever meet. I know others have said it here - but it honestly feels like family. We are creating something special here, and the new hires we have made as we grow (fast) have really been both great fits and incredibly impactful. I honestly can't shut up about CloudLock to my friends :).

Cons

Like any start-up that is growing really fast, we probably need more improvements on certain processes and tools. We have a lot of the latest tech in development, but could probably stand to use some in other areas of the organization.

Advice to Management

Keep insisting that ll new hires are more than just skill fits but culture fits too - growing when everyone is aligned is really fun and the work shows it means something in the end results too.

"CloudLock-The CASB Solution."

Current Employee - Business Development in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Waltham, MA

I have been working at CloudLock full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a pleasure to work at CloudLock, from top to bottom it shows that everyone is truly focused and devoted to the success of the company. Great Product, Great People, Great Place.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons, it is truly a pleasure to work at CloudLock. Fast pace company and industry, I'm looking forward for the ride.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on being the best, keep hiring people who you believe in the company. Focus on growing without settling. I truly believe in our founders and the decisions they make.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Massachusetts in Topsfield, MA
    Current Employee - Massachusetts in Topsfield, MA

I have been working at CloudLock full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture, Leadership and Market Opportunity .

Cons

Meeting the demands of an Evolving Market

Advice to Management

Stay focus on what has made us great.

"No a-holes allowed"

I have been working at CloudLock full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CloudLock is a dedicated team of highly skilled, innovative, agile and collaborative people. We have a lot of fun while working our tails off. The "no a-hole policy" is totally true. Like all companies we experience some turnover, but to me that's a good thing! CloudLock is not for the faint of heart. You will be empowered to go above and beyond on a daily basis and that challenge can be too much for some.

Cons

With growth come logistical challenges especially with our team spread across the globe. I look forward to the team finding creative ways to continue to be cohesive and connected.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!