CloudLock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CloudLock

3.1

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CloudLock (Waltham, MA).

Interview

The process was long and somewhat intense. The company was in the early stages and there was a lot of wiggle room for some of the positions, while others were very fixed. This position was fairly fixed.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CloudLock.

Interview

Slow process. Several interviews (videoconference). Terrible lack of feedback. For a company with 5 stars in Glassdoor I was expecting something else. I got an offer from another company so I didn't care but it would have been nice to know something

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CloudLock (Waltham, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was thorough but casual. I got to meet with several members of the team that I was applying to be on, as well as the manager, and some more high level executives. Everyone there seemed to truly love their job, and the environment they work in.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 peronality traits that you think are most important for a sales person to have.   Answer Question

Director of Information Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CloudLock (Waltham, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

For a company that has 5.0 stars on glassdoor and is a small startup they are certainly very slow with interviewing. I have had interview for 10,000 person company that has gone from interview to offer faster than Cloudlock. I was not impressed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cloudlock?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CloudLock in January 2016.

Interview

Applied for two roles over a period of several months, and heard back on one, the Dir. Ops & Infra Eng role. Interviewed with the VP Operations & Compliance (over the phone) and received positive feedback. Was then asked by the VP to have a conversation with the CTO (again, over the phone). Unbeknownst to me, both the VP and CTO were given the impression (so I was told, based on an internal mixup) that I was actually interviewing for another position (Dir. Security). In short, my candidacy was shopped around for a previously applied for role, and not the role I heard back on and was actively interviewing for. When CloudLock realized the mistake they had made, based on the positive feedback I had previously received, they asked me to consider interviewing for the position I had thought I was already interviewing for (Ops & Infra Eng). Throughout this 2 week+ process, I explained in simple and very transparent terms, that I was proceeding to final stages with multiple shops and provided my ideal timeline to CloudLock, as they were a top contender. This was provided so that we could effectively work out the timing of last steps, which was an expectation that was set by CloudLock just prior to my conversation with the CTO.

Shortly after they brought this mixup to my attention, and having lost precious time, the next expectation that was set by CloudLock was that I would now speak with the HRM for the Dir. Ops & Infra Eng role, which is what I had thought I had been doing all along. Again, this process would take place over the phone (in an effort to expedite a decision) instead of an on-site, based on what I was told was the timing of events on my end and availability of the HRM on their end. Shortly after that expectation was set by them, I then received word that CloudLock was instead now interested in abruptly parting ways, justified by the ever decreasing amount of time left for last steps. I can of course appreciate the desire to competently execute a simple interview process, especially for executive positions, and as such would have otherwise expected that CloudLock would have instead asked me to make an effort to extend my availability.

Instead, after having botched the interview process for an executive position since the get go, they took the approach to abruptly cut ties. Each step they took to 'correct' and 'expedite' the situation resulted in a downward spiral of unprofessional and rag-tag appearances. In a continued effort to remain transparent, I provided CloudLock with the professional courtesy of an advanced heads up that I would indeed provide this review, which would highlight the negative experiences I encountered. I'm sure someone from their leadership team, perhaps the CEO, will provide a rebuttal and shift focus to touch upon how my input helps to tune their practices as they evolve and mature. Bottom line, this process has clarified that CloudLock does indeed need some A+ senior talent, and they have a long path ahead of them in the maturity and evolution departments.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself more interested in focussing on Info Sec or SaaS Operations?   1 Answer

BDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CloudLock (Waltham, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Extremely long and disorganized. Most of my time was spent waiting around.

Absolutely no feedback or answers after the interview. I never heard back from gentleman who set up my interview. I then reached out to the others that interviewed me and they didn't respond. These days I would expect a bit more transparency.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CloudLock (Waltham, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online on the company's website. I received an email to have a phone interview later that week. Phone interview lasted around 20 minutes and consisted of fairly straightforward interview questions. I then received a generic email from HR the next week stating they had moved on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time you have show strong leadership skills?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CloudLock (Waltham, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Quick, efficient, thoughtful, & honest. I was initially asked to start with a phone call with the CEO and they fast tracked me to onsite interviews due to the fact that I was exploring 4 other opportunities. I have quite a few former colleagues that provided me insight into the organization in advance so there was little hesitation for me that it would be an ideal fit. My visit to the office was welcoming. I met with the CEO, HR, Recruiting, and a VP. I as given a soft offer the day of my interview which was followed up by a call from the CEO and a formal offer (well above what they had budgeted for the role with generous stock and a healthy MBO). They were aggressive but not pushy to get my response due to the fact that I had a few other options. They were flexible on start date and stayed in touch with me in the weeks leading up to my start.

Interview Questions

• Work History & Background
      Experience with prior security companies & industry players
      How can I help executive team improve communication, collaboration, transparency, & support growth.
      How can I help physical growth?
      How can I support HR/Cultural initiative?
      Reference request.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CloudLock (Waltham, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was fine. Nothing out of the ordinary in regards to the interview. I was a little shocked that there was no follow-up post the interview. Not a peep. I expected more from this company as they stressed how wonderful they were during the interview process. They lost my vote with the lack of follow through and courtesy. They express the notion that they stand out in so many ways but not in my book.

Interview Questions

• Not a question - just a comment. Cloudlock will ask you take a personality test before the interview.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CloudLock (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for two positions and was given the opportunity to talk through both of them with the respective hiring managers before I was brought in. I went in for two face to face interviews, the first was four one-on-one meetings with people at different levels of the department and the second was just to meet with the VP of Sales. The entire interview process took just one week and then the following week I was offered the role. Extremely painless process, very quick and if I had any questions or requested feedback they were very responsive. None of the questions were out of the ordinary, they seemed to be looking for someone both competitive and with the potential to have a strong knowledge of the product.