CloudLock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CloudLock (Waltham, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process went smoothly and quickly. I submitted my application online and received a call the same day. A phone screening was conducted and then an in-person interview was scheduled, where I met with three or four people. I was invited back for round two the following day to meet a couple other individuals. Shortly thereafter, an offer was made. Application to offer letter in one week - impressively speedy.

The interviews themselves were terrific. Everyone I spoke with was positive and easy to hold a conversation with. I was treated very well throughout the process and my excitement around CloudLock (which was already high) grew considerably throughout the interview process - all without any excessive "selling" by the employees.

My background in technology seemed to be a big plus and open up the dialogue a bit more. I could tell the position - and the company - would be demanding and expectations were high. I wouldn't characterize the interview as difficult in the sense that it was especially rigorous or the interviewers were harsh, but the standard for achievement seemed to be high - not necessarily a downside if you want to work with a high-quality pool of driven and productive people.

My impressions after the interview were very positive. My primary takeaway was that everyone was very, very intelligent and focused. I got the impression that CloudLock was a collection of brilliant and talented individuals all working towards a common goal with a true team mentality. Collaboration and the importance of taking initiative were all mentioned.

The office itself seemed very cool - an open environment with a lot of collaboration. Employees looked busy and the mood was decidedly upbeat.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were out of left field - they were all the kinds of questions one would expect from an interview for the position I was looking for at a fast-paced, hyper-growth technology company.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CloudLock (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for two positions and was given the opportunity to talk through both of them with the respective hiring managers before I was brought in. I went in for two face to face interviews, the first was four one-on-one meetings with people at different levels of the department and the second was just to meet with the VP of Sales. The entire interview process took just one week and then the following week I was offered the role. Extremely painless process, very quick and if I had any questions or requested feedback they were very responsive. None of the questions were out of the ordinary, they seemed to be looking for someone both competitive and with the potential to have a strong knowledge of the product.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CloudLock.

Interview

Slow process. Several interviews (videoconference). Terrible lack of feedback. For a company with 5 stars in Glassdoor I was expecting something else. I got an offer from another company so I didn't care but it would have been nice to know something

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CloudLock (Waltham, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was thorough but casual. I got to meet with several members of the team that I was applying to be on, as well as the manager, and some more high level executives. Everyone there seemed to truly love their job, and the environment they work in.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 peronality traits that you think are most important for a sales person to have.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CloudLock.

Interview

Add Cloudlock to the list of companies looking for a "purple squirrel" to do all kinds of disparate, disconnected skills that simple do not exist in one person.

Someone who has experience as a solution architect - who can also speak to c level executives who are non technical and has driven, sales focused attitude. Yeah, good luck with that. Guys who can code are a different breed than type A personalities who are out front selling things, meeting and greeting etc. Two totally different people - Cloudlock wants you to be proficient at both.

A good Sales Engineer understand technical concepts enough to translate client / customer needs to the Dev team - and is at heart a SALESPERSON - not a Techy. Sorry.

Maybe this is why there are Sales Engineer roles that have been open here since last summer. If your profile on match.com hasnt gotten you a date in 9 months, time to change your approach and add some more reasonable expectations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself - is NOT a useful or insightful question.   Answer Question

CloudLock Response

Jul 1, 2015

Appreciate the feedback. We sometimes feel like we are setting the bar too high, but we also fundamentally believe that the difference between great and exceptional is worth the time and investment... More

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CloudLock.

Interview

Interviewing at CloudLoack was nothing but a great experience.

The phone screen took in the middle of February and its professional tone increased my interest in the company. I was interviewed directly by the HR manager and her questions focused on my Experience Competency.

The first in-person interview was scheduled at my convenience just a few days after the phone screening and I was provided with everything I needed to be successful before the interview, including directions, an updated job description, and a schedule that included the interview team and titles.

The office is friendly: I was greeted by a business development representative who directed me to the HR Manager. He offered tea, coffee, took care of my coat and belongings.

A quick glimpse at the open space office shows a lots of busy people, but no frowning faces. The dynamics are quick and energetic.

I interviewed with the person supervising the role I was interviewing for, also with Talent Adviser, the company’s CFO, VP and finally, the CEO of the company. Every interview started right on time, everyone seemed familiar with my background and experience and all interviewers had great questions. The entire team reflected enthusiasm about what they do and a clear idea about what they were looking for in a candidate. They had great Behavioral questions, Competency questions, and Case questions.

Each interview had timely follow-ups and healthy feedback.

If you are a job seeker you are familiar with the interviewing anxiety when you feel like you are being put on a spot.

Interviewing at CouldLock felt welcoming in away that it lifted all the stressors that typically come along with interviewing.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most effective employment branding piece in a successful company?   1 Answer

Director of Information Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CloudLock (Waltham, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

For a company that has 5.0 stars on glassdoor and is a small startup they are certainly very slow with interviewing. I have had interview for 10,000 person company that has gone from interview to offer faster than Cloudlock. I was not impressed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cloudlock?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CloudLock (Waltham, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Quick, efficient, thoughtful, & honest. I was initially asked to start with a phone call with the CEO and they fast tracked me to onsite interviews due to the fact that I was exploring 4 other opportunities. I have quite a few former colleagues that provided me insight into the organization in advance so there was little hesitation for me that it would be an ideal fit. My visit to the office was welcoming. I met with the CEO, HR, Recruiting, and a VP. I as given a soft offer the day of my interview which was followed up by a call from the CEO and a formal offer (well above what they had budgeted for the role with generous stock and a healthy MBO). They were aggressive but not pushy to get my response due to the fact that I had a few other options. They were flexible on start date and stayed in touch with me in the weeks leading up to my start.

Interview Questions

• Work History & Background
      Experience with prior security companies & industry players
      How can I help executive team improve communication, collaboration, transparency, & support growth.
      How can I help physical growth?
      How can I support HR/Cultural initiative?
      Reference request.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CloudLock (Waltham, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was fine. Nothing out of the ordinary in regards to the interview. I was a little shocked that there was no follow-up post the interview. Not a peep. I expected more from this company as they stressed how wonderful they were during the interview process. They lost my vote with the lack of follow through and courtesy. They express the notion that they stand out in so many ways but not in my book.

Interview Questions

• Not a question - just a comment. Cloudlock will ask you take a personality test before the interview.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CloudLock in January 2015.

Interview

Not Worth It - Unrealistic Expectations

First started off with a phone interview. I was criticized about my lack of “verbal” skills. This made no sense, i have been told many times by multiple people that I’ve very well spoken so it was a bit of a shock.

After the semi-negative experience on the call, I was hesitant to come in but was reassured maybe my "poor performance" was due to it being a phone interview.

I went to the office which is basically hidden behind a bunch of mills in Waltham. The atmosphere wasn’t as nice as it was portrayed online. interviewers continued to cut me off during my interview, and they seemed generally agitated for most of it and continued to criticize me on my "verbal skills" Come to find out, the woman was an english major (in addition to her technical/design role) and had unrealistic expectations.

the second person who i interviewed with was very scatterbrained. He grilled me over and over about how would I go about convincing people (mainly opinionated developers) that my work is valuable and see if I could stand behind my design decisions. This is normal, but the approach he took ended up being a pointless exercise.

All that I gathered from this interview is that its a nightmare to work there if you’re a designer since they stated on multiple occasions that developers challenge designs constantly and don’t care that you have the skills.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince opinionated developers to remain consistent to your designs during implementation (because they are notorious to coding at whim and doing what they want)   Answer Question