CoStrategix Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
CoStrategix CEO Nandagopal Jayaram
Nandagopal Jayaram

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Truly transparent and committed"

Current Employee - Vice President in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at CoStrategix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are real - very consistent, honest and committed.
    CEO is honest and forthright - no BS or masking reality.
    Everyone works together to satisfy clients.
    Very little internal focus ... keenly focused on clients and the market.
    People are appreciated and respected, not 'managed'.
    Mistakes aren't desired but they are understood ... and learned from.
    Company's future is very bright.

Cons

No real negatives, but the reality is: if you're looking for a company that will lay out your priorities, plans and schedule ... do not consider CoStrategix. You will be expected to lead yourself, take responsibility for quickly assessing and deciding accurately.

One possible negative: if you do not want change and growth and disruption (i.e., you need a quiet corner, don't want things to shift) you should not consider CoStrategix.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your own growth and capabilities in order to truly lead CoStrategix to its future position.
    Focus on the people and the processes (client and internal) more than the technologies.
    Prioritize everything and be comfortable deciding what not to work on.
    Focused execution.

"I feel like I am self employed"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at CoStrategix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The freedom and trust that is given (when earned) is amazing making you feel like you are self employed or even like you're running your own company. It's not one of those companies where you need permission to go to the bathroom, but one that gives you complete freedom to excel.

Cons

Some times of the year we may get busy where work life balance may be off a little, but one can always make up for that during holidays, weekends, and vacations.

"CoStrategix US and India offices full of smart and dedicated people who work together very well as a single team."

Former Employee - Software Architect in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Software Architect in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at CoStrategix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CoStrategix has a strong focus on maintaining a good workplace culture even through the fast paced growth. The team does a really good job of following solid software development process all the way through requirements gathering, development, and testing. Knowledge sharing is also incredibly important and I learned a lot from everyone on my team.

Cons

Working with teams on both sides of the world can make for a lot of sync up meetings that happen quite early or late in the days. Fortunately everyone is very respectful of the time differences and work together to make things easy.

"Build software products using latest technology and agile process"

Current Employee - Vice President in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at CoStrategix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CoStrategix is an early adopter of Agile Methodology. Daily scrums, online scrum boards and burn down charts are used to measure pulse of the project. Developers will learn agile and experience it first hand. I had no experience with Agile when I joined and I was skeptical initially. Now I am fully on board and have been using it for years successfully. Even clients love it as they get to see the product being developed early and provide feedback.

Company is in forefront of latest technology like big data, cloud computing, iOS and Android mobile applications. There is lot of opportunity to work on lot of different projects with different technologies. Managers and team lead help mentor new developers to meet career goals.

If you are looking for a challenging career opportunity and love to work on latest technology using agile methodology, this is the place to be. This is a fast growing company and there is lot of career opportunity to grow and be the best you can be.

Cons

CoStrategix is a fast growing company. Everyday you will learn something new.

"Excellent comprehensive experience, Great Workplace!!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at CoStrategix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Diverse projects, the latest trends in technology being used, and the team leadership here at CoStrategix has boosted my experience greatly and drives my motivation.
    I feel confident and rich in knowledge ever since I started here.
    Appreciation, leadership, comfortable work space, and much more has kept me going and keeps me motivated here everyday!

Cons

CoStrategix is an excellent place to grow.

"Great company to learn and grow professionally and personally"

Current Employee - Manager in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Manager in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at CoStrategix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked at many companies and these are pros compared to my past experiences:
    1> Flexible timings - This is a great thing especially in Bangalore
    2> Latest tech - Lots of opportunities to learn and grow as most of the projects are on latest technologies. You can learn a lot here.
    3> HR is very friendly and approachable for everything.
    4> Management is very talented and technically very strong
    5> Good salary and Medical insurance
    6> Work life balance is actually a reality here
    7> Most important - Opportunities for learning and growth are available - You have to be a go getter and take them for your personal and professional growth. lots of chances to be proactive and contribute at an individual and team level.

Cons

Need more employee engagement activities.

"A Technology Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at CoStrategix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Read many posts about costrategix. Would like to give the right experience for you guys to decide upon. If you are looking for an environment, where you would like to get ample time to chill out, do a work of 9 to 5, jazzy work location, then please don't read further. If you are looking for technology, learning, growth, money, flexible work life balance then checkout my key points.

Key Points:

1. A company who thinks of the latest trend and always determined to be ahead in technology and make sure to bring in that trend to company.
    2. Gives value to innovation. It could be from you OR with respect to company.
    3. Its a company with technology agnostic people. You can move any employee to any technology and they work with ease. You will get enough opportunity to show your calibre.
    4. Adopts to changes quickly, it can be with the technology, it could with sales, it could even be with website.
    5. Helps employee achieve new learnings in the name of "practice", there by helps you and the company grow in parallel. What's practice ?, you will come to know when you are IN.
    6. Holds good experienced management. And with their superior skill set, helps achieve to be ahead of technology with a good success rate and keep the success rate growing year by year.

Cons

1. Not really much, but it depends on your need. As told, if your interests are more in non-technical aspects. Then, this is not the right opt.
    2. Focused more in technical aspects, work, process. Which is good. But need some alternatives for leisure.
    3. Need to have more breakouts from routine.

"Hire and Fire Company"

Former Employee - Software Analyst in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Software Analyst in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at CoStrategix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Nothing as such to be pointed out

Cons

-No AC
    -Looks like a govt office
    -Hire for the project & Fire after its over
    -Work like a ROBOT
    -Peanut Salary
    -Numbskull People including HR
    -Worse than Infosys,TCS etc
    -No proper Tea in Coffee Machine
    -Not proper working Laptops
    -No help from Team Leads Everyone wants you to look bad in front of management
    -Manager should try to code some issues so they will understand something
    -Strict Timings
    -Placed in Garbage Area
    -Company sucks in every possible angle
    -U can see positive stuff thats coz managers command employees to write good reviews
    -Gotta work sat also sometimes
    -HR will stalk at your performance including manager & give you threating warnings every now and then
    -Its not a corporate culture ,its family driven buisness
    -You will burn your hands if you join here
    -One lady manages all she thinks she is GOD
    -Pay is below industry Standards
    -Nobody stays here for long
    -This was my second company ,proved out to be bad company
    -In short Company,Washroom,Ambience,People,Place everthing suck

Advice to Management

Dont Play Games with employees lives pay them according to industry standard have more perks

"Good Company to Work for Short Term"

I worked at CoStrategix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Note - Just Ignore 5 star positive reviews, most of them are recommended/written by HR team.

About CoStrategix Technologies (Bangalore office):
     - Client First, Process Second, Infrastructure Third.....Employee Last.
     - Learn, Work & Leave. No Professional Growth bcoz It's runs like a FBB (Family Based Business).
     - Strongly recommends for freshers & young professionals(1 to 2 years); Who are keen to learn and grow.
     - Doesn't recommends for the professionals from MNC's and no scope for Testers & Mobile developers.
     - No predefined process. Process can change according to the Project conditions.
     - New Policies (like coding Structures, OOPS concepts, Unit testing) are roll-out every quarter but hardly followed in client projects.
     - Notice Period is now 3 months (recently changed from 2 to 3 months & No buyout option also). THINK Twice before joining CoStrategix.
     - Once upon a time, CoStrategix was very well known for PHP technologies but now no PHP projects.

Props::
    1. Projects are good & challenging to learn.
    2. Open culture environment. Everyone in the hierarchy can be easily approachable.
    3. Flexible timings but mandatory 9 hours.
    4. Opportunities to learn & work on multiple technologies.
    5. Food & cab is provided in late working hours.
    6. Work from home policy.
    7. Employee Insurance is provided.
    8. Metro is accessible.

Cons

Cons::
    1. Very poor in project management, resource planning, project estimatation. (Agile is not followed always)
    2. Developers are treated as actual resources like a thing without soul & mind.
    3. Most of the managers doesn't knew anything about SDLC. How to Plan & execute the Project, Architecture, Solution's, Estimation, Deployment strategy, Quality strategy, Team management? etc., they simple follows the general manager instructions & pass on the same to team members & strictly follows calendar dates from delivery team. Just like academic way of project execution.
    4. Unfriendly HR team - Most worst HR policies, They can change the policies anytime without any intimation - just by sending a mail in working hours mentioning it as per IT standards. (Idea behind is to hold people from leaving the company)
    5. HR will hire for some technology and ask to work in other technologies.
    6. Appraisal are very less. No matter how much work you do?? Hike amount is fixed for all.
    7. No promotions - There is no such policy in CoStrategix. If they feel, they will promote else No Promotion, Performance is totally ignored.
    8. Attrition rate is very high (especially developers are leaving). Mobile teams got almost vanished.
    9. No Code Reviews, No work life balance, No compensation is given when you work on projects in weekends.
    10. Appraisal/Reviews are always delayed by one month every time.
    11. No Job Security - Employee can be FIRED anytime if under-performed.
    12. No Employee Independence - Managers/HR is always forcing employees to present tech talk, write tech blogs, attend sessions/events by taking the attendance by HR team member irrespective of project conditions or interest or relevance.
    13. PRACTICES - Employees are set with high expectations without providing training/ proper guidance/road-map plan/resources to practice team members. - Again ignoring the project constraints & also employee should take out his/her personal time to do all this kind of work.

Advice to Management

I would like to remind the quote -
    "Clients do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the clients.” - Richard Branson

"Software Analyst"

I worked at CoStrategix full-time

Pros

If we Get Projects , we get the good Exposure on learning new Technologies ,
    We can get to see each and every insides of each.

Cons

Environment is not good ,people into maintenance wont get new projects at all .

Advice to Management

Give equal opportunities for everyone.