CompuTech City Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Saurin Patel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Jr. HIT Consultant (Tier 1)"

Current Employee - Junior HIT Consultant (Tier I) in Longwood, FL
    Current Employee - Junior HIT Consultant (Tier I) in Longwood, FL

I have been working at CompuTech City full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easygoing, Relaxed atmosphere, Open environment, Family-Oriented

Cons

Initial training for position seemed a bit unorganized

Advice to Management

A great place to work, in my opinion! The atmosphere here is great for those who are looking for something that is not exactly fast-paced, but something that grows you on an individual level while being apart of a team. Although my position requires most interaction with our client base through phone support (Tier 1's are the front lines to the incoming call loads), the clients are as professional as we are and issues are often resolved during the call, if not with the initial ticket placed.

The ticketing system is easy to understand and work hours are balanced as the work hours are based on a Mon-Friday 8-5 scale. There are outings and gatherings often here, and it give the appeal of a close-knit family environment, which is very likable, especially if you want to stay involved!

Each employee is easy to speak to if you have questions or concerns, from the head of the company on down; and suggestions are often gathered for improvements and taken seriously. Work flow is amazing as well. As long as The Management team keeps pressing forward as our growth expands, this company with become even more outstanding in the future!

2. "Amazing work environment"

Current Employee - HIT Consultant in Longwood, FL
    Current Employee - HIT Consultant in Longwood, FL

I have been working at CompuTech City full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great Team
    - Open work area
    - Growth Opportunity
    - Free lunch on Fridays

Cons

None that I can think off

3. "HIT Support"

Current Employee - IT Consultant
    Current Employee - IT Consultant

I have been working at CompuTech City full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CompuTech City is a decent company for someone to come and learn the ropes. I would consider CompuTech City as a stepping stone company as of right now. I am not saying that they will always be this way. They are on a path to become a premiere Managed Service Provider in the Medical IT industry. They just have not made it there yet. Company does offer a quality workspace for their employees to perform their tasks. The owners really care about the appearance of the company and want to make sure that their clientele shown the best side of the company. The company is growing at a great pace. Employee's are a great group of individuals to be around and work with. They all really strive to help each other.

Other pros:

1. Breakfast on Wednesdays
    2. Lunch on Fridays
    3. Random company outings

Cons

Some cons about CompuTech City:

1. Fast growth rate - turns to needing more staff to properly ascertain client satisfaction.
    2. Pay scale is lacking.
    3. Professional growth is lacking - not much room for advancement.
    4. Turn-over rate is high

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Management styles are lacking leadership. Managers are not always leaders.

4. "IT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at CompuTech City full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team of techs to work with!

Cons

Management! Absolutely no leadership skills and a strong inclination to prevent personal growth. Do not give them any constructive criticisms on processes, they will become defensive, turning on you making work there difficult. Also extremely cheap, trying to prevent additional costs even at the expense of quality of service and lying about the tuition assistance they offer. By far one of the worst management teams I have ever seen.

Advice to Management

Please take some business management classes and do not mislead hires. Also build some confidence allowing you to receive constructive criticisms without becoming defensive/aggressive. Work with other personalities don't just fire them, they offer much more than you think which will also improve turnover rates.

5. "Amazing Environment!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CompuTech City full-time

Pros

The amazing team working at Computech City will instantly make you feel at home. Large enough to handle any issues with its clients but not too big that employees are forgotten. Great open door policy with a strong and understanding management team. Diana and John made the hiring process smooth, easy, and as painless as possible. Couldn't have done better!

Cons

Not a single con to name!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Oct 10, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for being part of team.

6. "Great Company to Work 4"

Current Employee - HIT SPECIALIST in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - HIT SPECIALIST in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at CompuTech City full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are nice. Free lunch on Fridays. Company outings. Good atmosphere

Cons

The drive to work. if it was a bit closer there would be no cons

Oct 10, 2017 – CEO

I hope our new campus is closer than this office. thank you for being part of the team

7. "Great place to work; relaxed environment and excellent people"

Current Employee - HIT Consultant in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - HIT Consultant in Lake Mary, FL

Pros

-Fun, relaxed environment to work in
    -Great team of people that are willing to help at anytime
    -Large client base so always new challenges to face; never the same old thing
    -Lots of outside activities; very employee-centric company
    -Good benefits - medical, dental, vision, PTO, bonuses, etc.

It's been a pleasure working with CompuTech City so far.

Cons

-No real cons, however if I had to think of a suggestion, it'd be nice to have a 401k as a benefit option.

Advice to Management

Great job so far, I enjoy coming into work everyday and working with both the clients and the team. Keep up the great work!

Oct 10, 2017 – CEO

thank you for your review. Management is already looking at options for 401k.

8. ""Food, Folks and Fun!""

Current Employee - Sales in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at CompuTech City full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CompuTech City has a great culture for teamwork and comradity. Everybody is friendly and willing to help out whenever needed. Not only is it a great place to work but it's an outstanding place to grow. CompuTech City is growing and with expansion comes more jobs in the near future. Lunch is provided every week which is also a nice touch.

Cons

The only con is that the uniform (shirts) need to be returned if you ever leave the company.

Advice to Management

Continue treating employees like family and showing that you care about their lives outside work as well as at the workplace.

Aug 9, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all our employees so i am glad you are on board with that. haha uniform? as much as... More

9. "Can be a great place!"

Current Employee - IT Helpdesk in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - IT Helpdesk in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at CompuTech City full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

For starters, the company is a fun place to work. Family environment. Lots of events the company likes to do.

Cons

Well, being a small minded company has its down falls. Company needs more segregation of duties. It is basically a one department team, where everyone does everything. Need more focus on splitting up the company into better roles/interests. The whole company doesn't need a helpdesk feel. Need more specializations for each department. Most companies that perform under this platform have a helpdesk, networking, security, and project management departments. Company does want to go into a more specialized or skill based ticketing system, but lacks the input or desire to get it done. Company drags their feet at getting stuff implemented. Bosses also think of they disnt come up with the idea then it is not a worthy.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, there is a lot of great ideas they all have, but will not voice them due to owners not listening.

Aug 9, 2016 – CEO

First I would like to apologize for my tardy reply. I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It’s understandable that you are frustrated not feeling like every department is... More

10. "AMAZING company with a GREAT staff!!"

Current Employee - Client Coordinator in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Client Coordinator in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at CompuTech City full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm new to this company and I already feel like part of the team!! Great morals, office, staff, location, and overall company!! Ideas are always welcome which makes you feel like you have a voice within the company. The program used in the training is phenomenal!! The interview process was very personal while still learning my strengths and weaknesses to apply them accordingly.

Cons

Windows interface with the internal systems. However, I understand why...just a personal preference😃 I truly have no complaints!! This place is great!!

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity!! I look forward to growing within the company!

Mar 14, 2016 – CEO

Welcome to our team. We look forward to have great years ahead to gather.