Computer Generated Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Computer Generated Solutions President and CEO Phil Friedman
Phil Friedman

Pros
  • Good place to start building your resume and learn skills if you're serious about IT (in 9 reviews)

• nice people, good if looking for a job, can promote (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Again low pay for the large responsibility of the job (in 22 reviews)

• No raises ever, for the entire almost 3 years I was there (in 20 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Becoming a great place to work"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Computer Generated Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have an amazing supervisor, as a team lead is always great to have an amazing relationship with your supervisor, Kattress Allen Cooper has taught me some amazing things that I've never imagined I would be interested in learning

Cons

Training needs to be better, at times they are not on one accord with each other. Community involvement needs to improve

Advice to Management

We are only as strong as our weakest link. We need to make CGS a family and not just a call center

2. "Great place to work. The culture is pleaseant!"

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Perimeter Center Post Office, GA

Pros

Great Culture.
    Great Staff and Employees
    Micromanaged
    Free Gym Membership

Cons

The pay is really low and you choose your schedule from pulling out of a pumpkin. It's possible that you will get the graveyard shift.

Advice to Management

Please do away with the way your workers get their schdule.

3. "Tech Support"

Current Employee - Tech Support in Dunwoody, GA
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at Computer Generated Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment. Helpful. Great teaching.

Cons

Cold in the training room.

5. "Technical Support Analyst"

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Dunwoody, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Dunwoody, GA

Pros

They work with your school schedule, provide you with lots of experience in the technical field.

Cons

Salary is below average, offers no sick days only PTO and very strict with attendance.

Advice to Management

Focus more on customer and employee satisfaction.

"frustrating place to work, they do not give raises, do not have best intrests of the client"

Former Employee - Phone Support Representative in Edison, NJ
    Former Employee - Phone Support Representative in Edison, NJ

I worked at Computer Generated Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

nice coworkers, offer meals on snow days, holidays, easy to get to in business center in nj, office space is usually clean

Cons

they dont follow up on their promises, no employee reviews, no raises ever, expensive health insurance, offer 401k but nobody can afford it since they dont give raises, corporate never comes there, they dont take care of the people who make them succesful, unpleasant supervisors, virtually nobody gets promoted or advances, not giving raises is the worst though, makes you feel worthless and no incentive to work harder, terrible experience

Advice to Management

you tell staff you have to give back to client during contract time and youve had to do it last 2 contracts, how have you managed to keep your jobs by signing contracts for less money? stop treating staff like idiots, they arent fooled, because you dont give raises there is no incentive to the staff to do a better job, you place no value on the online staff by doing this, and staff is well aware of it

"Good starting point, but not long term. Great for beginners."

Former Employee - Order Support in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Order Support in Tampa, FL

I worked at Computer Generated Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great location. Catered food sometimes. Get the experience and use it to move on. Everyone is friendly and the supervisors were very helpful.

Cons

Pay is very low for customer service 11.00 per hour 11.50 for bilingual) Healthcare too expensive for the salary given with a $5,000 deductible for one person. Training needs improvements, training tools are outdated and not helpful when taking calls. 30 min lunch, KPI Metrics needs improvement, too many softwares to use with 1 22" monitor. Job title is order support but, you do a lil bit of everything. Upgrades, port in, discuss the bill, returns, buyback, give back and of course check order status. Again low pay for the large responsibility of the job.

8. "The FREEZE"

Former Employee - Technical Support in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Tampa, FL

I worked at Computer Generated Solutions full-time

Pros

Great place to get experience if you are serious about learning about computer support.

Cons

THE PAY SUCKS. Worked at CGS for 3 years and I was forced to QUIT. At a Hefty 11.50 as a Bilingual representative the amount of work and responsibility through the roof. 45 plus calls a day and your KPI had to meet. Very demanding role, they expect super good quality, and the best job ever but don't really pay your for it as majority HELPDESK roles do. This place up to this DAY has a pay FREEZE IN PLACE. I could say I worked next to geniouses getting paid 11 bucks an hour. No one can afford 401k or insurance. You can't even afford to rent an apartment around where the job is with that KIND of pay. Ridiculous management, no GROWTH potential at all. PAY FREEZE still in place and HEAD QUARTERS AND CORPORATE JUST DON'T CARE.

Advice to Management

Get Real. Compare what you pay to your employee with real companies. Compare your insurance plan with other company. PAY your employee what they deserve. Your employees are dying inside.

9. "Would not recommend"

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Atlanta, GA

Pros

None, none, none, none none

Cons

Over worked, PTO is extremely hard to get approved, don't think about putting requests in 1 month in advance, they will get denied. The breaks and pay are comical. 2 15 minutes breaks, go by as soon as you clock out. Lunch break feels like 15. Blasts are constantly sent out throughout the day telling reps to auto-in and how many calls are holding, as if we can't see that. We are told we have a AHT to meet but are either rushed off the phone or can't spend time enough to do our tasks. Call volume is pretty high. I have never worked in a place that does not pay for bathroom breaks outside of scheduled breaks or lunches. Don't even think about taking 5 to catch a breather, it's not paid for. We are required to do RTO, remoting into customers machines. No, reps are not paid for them, but the company is paid $350 for every RTO. But what about the employees who actually do the work? The job is not hard, but with all the extra that is being thrown at employees and the constant changes of things that didn't need to be changed at all, it makes the job, h e double hockey sticks. This is a job that could very well be worked from home. We do not deal with personal info, such a CC but not sure why we are required to drive through horrible traffic to do this job.

Advice to Management

Raise pay to at least $12.00/hr.

10. "Getting your feet wet"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Computer Generated Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule for college students
    Paid training
    CGS actually provides a good path to better IT jobs.
    The software used to troubleshoot issues is very effective at helping novices
    Health benefits

CGS provided me with a good path to a full-time IT job. The skills(rapid triage, active listening) have helped me immensely in my career. If you apply yourself here you can set yourself up for the future.

Cons

I want to say the pay but what do you expect in the beginning
    Pay again but the lack of raises and incentives for employees
    Management doesn't seem to value the customer on the other line
    Lack of Upward Mobility
    Comically short lunch break

Advice to Management

I have been apart of two training classes at the Atlanta location. I watched almost my entire class leave in less than a year. The focus should be on retaining those with great potential. During my second stint with CGS, I was trusted to train new employees. I saw in the first month people eager but turned off by the low pay and lack of upward mobility. I don't know if this can be fixed due to the nature of the call center environment.

"Good for those without any experience"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Computer Generated Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get on the phones and learn to troubleshoot

Cons

No raises ever, for the entire almost 3 years I was there.

Advice to Management

Treat employees fair and fight for competitive wages