Computer Generated Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Computer Generated Solutions President and CEO Phil Friedman
Phil Friedman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great company with business good place to start IT career (in 11 reviews)

• great work environment - excellent training and growth opportunities (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • unaffordable benefits low pay per hour (in 28 reviews)

• empty promises no raises in years (in 22 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"An excellent place to work for those with the right attitude"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Computer Generated Solutions full-time

Pros

Like everyone, I have been reading the CGS's reviews and was overwhelmed by what I was saw: the negative feedback, long hours, low pay, etc... . Still I gave it a try.

The hiring process was pretty smooth. The hiring manager was friendly, upfront and correctly portrait the culture of the company.

Training is 2 weeks in the classroom and 2 weeks on the floor. ( the trainer is excellent I may add) The most difficult day is the first day on the floor answering the calls . Don't be afraid. You will have a lot of help.

I have now been working at CGS for a couple months. Apart from the financial aspect, which is what it is, this is a fun place to work for those with the right attitude. You are friendly, people will appreciate you. You are willing to learn, you will grow and learn a lot. Yes policies changes and sometime procedures change on who you ask for, but that is the same in pretty much every company that is evolving.

CGS is going through a lot of changes and they are a lot of opportunities for those with the right attitude.

My opinion changed 180 degree in just 3 weeks.

Cons

Schedule get some time to get use to.

Advice to Management

Improve integration of different departments.

2. "technical rep"

I have been working at Computer Generated Solutions full-time

Pros

laid back at times busy at times

Cons

pay is not in the norm for position

3. "staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Computer Generated Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great coworkers all age levels and experience

Cons

training is handled by coworkers

4. "Tech support"

Pros

overtime is always a plus

Cons

needs to pay more turn over is bad

"Technical Support Tier 1"

Pros

I can't rate this company on too many pros. I haven't been able to point out many. Besides certain performance incentives.

Cons

Team Leads are not knowledgeable at all on the work their agents do and everything falls on the Lead Technical Analysts.
    The Departments such as sales, customer care and all other departments that are support to assist customer with non technical issues have no idea what to do with issues addressed to their department and in turn a tech advisor ends up doing the job for sales and customer care reps.

"Helpdesk Technician"

I worked at Computer Generated Solutions full-time

Pros

Plenty of Training and overtime opportunity from time to time.
    Great place to start if your prior knowledge is EQUAL to "NONE".

Cons

While working there "PAY FREEZE FOR 3 YEARS". Not a single person got a raise. Then the company meeting with Phil Friedman we had to sit there and listen to a man who was more than willing to pay very low to the employees with very bad compensation package and insurance that cost high(that majority of employee couldn't afford at less than 11$ an hour rate). Also, had the face to compare his company with other companies as to how the pay was. Instead of actually paying a decent amount for families to be able to live with. Everyone in the room was 11$ hour or less besides the CEO and his 2 security guards.

Extreme High Call Volume.
    Expect to be cross trained in plenty accounts.
    Expect your schedule to change every 3 months or less. Shift bids occur and Seniority takes the good ones.
    Call Quality every week, if you perform at 85% or lower expect your shoulder to be tapped while on the call and told to go on meeting after the call to go to a private room to talk about "YOUR BAD PERFORMANCE".
    Master Tech program only existed for those who already had it prior. Not for new employees.

Expect to be told that your calls should last 15 minute or less. Anything longer than 15 minute you either get sent a message on the chat or they are behind you asking you whats going on.

Advice to Management

CEO needs to stop thinking about saving money and actually think about their employees family and career growth. Management needs to get actual with the market as to what every employee is worth and offer great compensation packages to the point that employees want to stay and not leave them every year. Offer a valid career path and not one where employees feel like they are drowning in the Titanic.

Computer Generated Solutions Response

Jan 11, 2018 – SVP HR

Thanks for your review – it is unfortunate to hear how you feel. We learn from every review so we can continue to get better. I understand from your review that you left the company.
    We work hard... More

"Working At C.G.S"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Computer Generated Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good for entry-level into IT.

Cons

Pay is low. Management must not be to aloof.

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers.

"Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Computer Generated Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some very good people work there. The exceptional people learn and leave quickly.

Cons

Low pay, high out of pocket benefits, no appreciation of the hard working employees, middle managers shirk their responsibility and blame others, bad news and issues are not reported to the company president. Divisional senior management is only focused on billable time and not on the needs of the client and that flows downwards.

Advice to Management

Upgrade the technology used, implement meaningful reviews to improve your employees, implement reviews of management by employees AND use the reviews, offer good affordable benefits, hold Divisional President, VP's and managers responsible for the problems in their departments, listen to the client's complaints.

"Worst company ever"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

I worked at Computer Generated Solutions full-time

Pros

None. This place sucks big time.

Cons

Everything is a con. The SDM's are incompetent and a complete joke. The VP is a complete moron. Its a no wonder this place is still around. The CIO is an idiot. If you dont suck up to them they become your worst enemy and will be out to get you.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the SDM's, they suck. Get rid of the VP.

10. "Accountant"

Pros

Most of the employees are tenured.

Cons

Low pay, high out of pocket benefit. not much of an appreciation to the hard working employees.