KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.0
Copart CEO Jay Adair
Jay Adair

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good pay dependant on size of the yard you work(in 55 reviews)
  • "> Benefits are good(in 52 reviews)
  • "workers are great people to work with and very supportive also.(in 46 reviews)
  • "Work life balance was good by providing WFH and flexibility options.(in 38 reviews)
  • "Great and supportive team(in 28 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Copart and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome management

Sep 10, 2022 - Members Services Representative in Des Moines, IA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Daily interaction with supervisor and managers even while remote. Monthly performance evaluation.

Cons

Being remote sometimes help from other departments is tough. Members are sometimes extremely rude.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Not worth it

Sep 24, 2022 - I.T.
    Business Outlook

Pros

They sent me on mandatory medical leave, until such a time as I was able to work without minor restrictions (drs order) it was just my knee and I was probably at about 80-90 percent of my normal capacity to work…I didn’t even need to use my knee much in my position (CAT loader operator) so after forcing me into leave, they proceeded to accuse me of “not calling to check in” after all the paperwork had been filed and the leave was established…..Tell me..why exactly would I report in if I’m on leave and not under any obligation to check in? I’ll tell you what it looks like…sort of looks like Copart terminates long time employees who have been loyal and gone above and beyond to pull management out of the fire. Other than this though…it was an absolute pleasure working here and my coworkers were also some of the best buddies I’ve had in any workplace. One other thing I will say is that there is an obvious if not glaring disconnect between the in office staff and those who work in the yard…and that can be frustrating when you rely on these people everyday for a lot of info. To be fair, this was just my experience at one yard, one of the larger yards so it’s likely much better/worse as with anything. All that said, would I return to work here? Probably, yes…with some caveats :)

Cons

See above I guess I wrote an all in one under the pros accidentally, and I really don’t want to fix the formatting now.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Toxic Workplace

Sep 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have good insurance and 401k

Cons

It's a toxic work environment. You get promoted based on who likes you and who you know and not your abilities. Like a clique/ mafia thing, you have to suck up to people and pretend. Your managers will ask for ideas from you and make it their own not giving you recognition for your hard work. When you decide to speak up for what's right, they'll gang up against you and isolate you till you're no longer able to cope and leave. An assistant manager once told a colleague leaving that they never wanted her. They'll talk you down and micro manage you. If you have no other option is the only time you should consider this toxic place or hopefully when the board changes its management.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Job Review

Jul 11, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is great for entry level, everyone I interreacted with in the office or corporates events was super friendly and the CEO was very approachable and kind. If you are able to land a big account with this company you will make great money. There can be lots of travel with this job which I always found exciting as there is a lot of opportunity to travel new places.

Cons

Extremely difficult to build your customer base if you just starting from scratch. Although I was given a starting point of accounts to reach out you, almost all of them were not sufficient enough to land a big compensation check for landing new business or a renewal of a contract. I was remote and it was often difficult for me to ask questions to my supervisors as I was just starting out to learn the business.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

QA Engineer

Aug 30, 2022 - QA Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything goes good in Copart. Work life balance is very healthy

Cons

No Cons. good to grow

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nice place to work

Aug 31, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Copart has Incredible people and atmosphere

Cons

there's always that one person...

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good job, low pay

Aug 29, 2022 - Inventory Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not too stressful, good coworkers

Cons

Pay is below cost of living in Dallas, TX

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Accounting Clerk

Aug 26, 2022 - Accounting Clerk
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really like the company and my job.

Cons

No office/ cubicles. Have to listen to everyone on the phone.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sep 16, 2022 - Title Processor
    Business Outlook

Pros

I met very nice people who were willing to help

Cons

It is a call center.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Corporate overtakes the job

Jun 28, 2022 - Vehicle Purchasing Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mon-Fri weekends were* not mandatory. Many recognized holidays. Full WFH. Pay structure used to be great. Gave options of 10%,11%,12%,13%,14% and Max of 18% (after 3 years) on your commission check. Commission check is separate then salary.

Cons

Corporate has fully taken over the cashforcars division, it is no longer a competitive and fun sales position as it used to be. My guess is because CEO finally recognizes this division as money makers that puts light on the Director which trickles down to managers and now it is the assembly line of sales. Boring. You will be mentally drained end of the week. You must stay on auto answer 7 hours. Need to keep your Not ready time to <90mins including lunch and break and many more rules that they can come up with.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,064 Reviews

Copart Reviews FAQs

Copart has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 1,219 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Copart to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 17% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Copart employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Copart. This rating has improved by 20% over the last 12 months.

78% of Copart employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Copart 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Copart to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be culture, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Copart Job Seekers