KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 221 of over 240 reviews

4.7
Couchbase Chief Executive Officer Matt Cain
Matt Cain
Pros
  • "Couchbase has exciting tech to work on with lots of opportunities to make an impact due to the growing nature of the business(in 44 reviews)

• "Great product, amazing list of big brand customers(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Not being in the office remains tough as many of us enjoy those daily interactions at Couchbase we became so used to(in 13 reviews)

• "Some late stage startup growing pains, long sales cycles(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Couchbase

Join the conversation on

Salary Slabs - Consulting

24d

a

Database Engineer II

Hi, I need to know the average salary a DBA should be getting having experience working on both on-premise and AWS cloud? I feel I'm underpaid and need to know how much raise should I ask from my manager? Cctc 14lpa Tech- Sql, couchbase, postgres YOE- 2.5

5 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Couchbase and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

Great salaries and Benefits

Sep 13, 2021 - Senior Recruiting Manager in Santa Clara, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team Environment, everyone at Couchbase is invested in growing the company and promoting the product. Remote positions, lots of flexibility.

Cons

None to speak of, great place to work.

Internal Communications Program Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on working at Couchbase. We're happy you find the team to promote a positive environment and we're proud to have you onboard!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Jan 5, 2022 - Cloud Sales in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong product offering. Fantastic working environment

Cons

Natural pains of a high growth company

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for. Very supportive, with freedom to take on new challenges.

Dec 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great products - Smart and hard-working people - Flexible work-life balance - Lots of remote staff (it's about delivering, not where you are) - Excellent Executive team

Cons

As a fast-growing company, sometimes there are not the formal processes in place you see at larger companies. Standard growing pains really.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A place where your contributions will be valued

Aug 20, 2021 - Business Development
      Business Outlook

Pros

Couchbase created a company culture that will be at the foundation of its success. Since joining the company I experienced a constructive and collaborative environment where people want to help you succeed. The focus is on teamwork and how we win together. All this starts at the top with a clarity of vision where the company is going and what it expects of its people. If you get a chance to join this company, I would say take it.

Cons

There is a massive opportunity for Couchbase to grow in a market that is in full transition. Different people will have different perspectives on how to go about it. You need to feel comfortable speaking up and be part of the solution, rather than expecting everything will be done for you.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Look Before You Leap

Jan 3, 2022 - Enterprise Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great field sales, technical, services and product teams Good NoSQL database product Work from home

Cons

Extremely high field sales & solution architect turnover Daily & weekend micro management Reach out to former employees to get the real deal

Couchbase Response

We appreciate the time you took to write a review. We will continue to be open to constructive feedback and it’s unfortunate that your experience was not more positive. We’re proud of the talent we’ve been able to welcome and cultivate at Couchbase. We also understand that recruiting the best and the brightest means some will make decisions to pursue other opportunities. We wish you the very best in your endeavors.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Teams and opportunities

Nov 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Constantly Growing Teams & people are amazing opportunities to grow are there

Cons

lower on the pay scale slower moving

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

A very warm workforce

Nov 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is so easy to connect with regardless of team or title Leadership trusts team to pursue creative ideas

Cons

Honestly, there were no standout cons

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A friendly race car...

Jun 10, 2021 - Lead User Experience Designer in Montvale, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are hired at Couchbase -- across the board -- because they are smart, motivated, and friendly. Sound silly? It's not. We have work life balance and a collegial workplace where NO ONE is granted the special right to be an blowhard/bully/etc. Friendly means we work together and it's enjoyable; conversations are productive and easy.

Cons

Couchbase is much smaller than its competitors. That means we don't have the bandwidth to do everything we might want to. The upside is you get to choose what to work on and you more or less define your own role.

Engagement and Experience Intern

Thank you for your feedback on working at Couchbase. It's great to hear you value the talent and motivation of our world-class team. We will continue to foster our incredible culture as we grow.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good Culture

Sep 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership is relentlessly innovating to best service our current and future customers andd the best part is our customers love us back! It’s a win-win!

Cons

No Con. 5 word minimum…

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company and great culture

Sep 1, 2021 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong software with extensive and complicated use cases. The software works and is poised to take over where Oracle fell short.

Cons

No company is perfect but this is a great place to work.

Internal Communications Program Manager

Thanks for sharing. We're glad you find Couchbase to be a great place to work!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 221 Reviews

Couchbase Reviews FAQs

93% of Couchbase employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Couchbase 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Couchbase to be benefits, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be workplace, compensation.

Popular Careers with Couchbase Job Seekers