Deltek Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 334 reviews

3.8
Deltek CEO Michael Corkery
Michael Corkery
Pros
  • "Together they created an organization which rewarded work/life balance and the ability to work as a team(in 51 reviews)

• "Very liberal work from home policy(in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • "Depending on the department, the work/life balance can be disportional(in 11 reviews)

• "Job structure is flat with little to no promotion(in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Valued and able to contribute, real focus on work/life balance"

I have been working at Deltek full-time

Pros

All team members have a voice and can contribute to future plans. Working from home is offered too where feasible. The variety of skills used within my role keeps the job interesting, there is no one day-to-day task but rather a mixture of technical and personal abilities used to deliver work. There is a real feeling that you are working in a team and all are focused on delivering the very best we can.

Cons

Management in such a large company needs to work both with the departmental needs but also contribute to the bigger picture for the global business, so there is some admin within the role too.

Advice to Management

Maintain that focus on staff and our feedback and we will keep delivering great projects

2. "Great Culture, Great Company"

I have been working at Deltek full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

The culture, the people, the management team, the products and the customers. I've worked here for over ten years. I've seen dramatic change for the better in that time frame. Ten years ago Deltek had serious cultural issues and managed by fear. It has completely changed because of key leadership changes including the elevation of Mike Corkery and addition of Namita Dhallan. Together they created an organization...

Cons

We are growing fast. Its hard on the organization to acquire and integrate companies and not be disruptive. The management team is focused on growing and doing it in a way that benefits the company and its customers.

Advice to Management

I think the pendulum has swung a little too far towards off shore development. We absolutely need to continue to leverage offshore development but we would benefit massively from retaining more on shore development. It is a more expensive option but will pay off in other important ways.

3. "Deltek is an amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Deltek full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

* great co-workers * great PTO and benefits (family planning assistance, bereavement, religious observances) * great leadership team * relaxed work environment * home/life/work balance is respected

Cons

* if you work remotely it can really affect your lifestyle (sedentary) * not as competitive pay as one would hope

Advice to Management

Promote those who deserve it, even if it's "not their turn". The best and brightest flee for those reasons.

4. "Good, Growing Company"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Herndon, VA

I worked at Deltek full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Good company, great people, flexibility, remote options, autonomy, relaxed environment, ability to move around within the company, etc.

Cons

Middle of the road environment, outdated systems, modernization blocked by bureaucracy and red tape, recruiting is spread thin due to rapid growth through acquisitions, etc.

Advice to Management

Digital transformation.

"good in principle"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I worked at Deltek full-time for more than a year

Pros

deep subject matter expertise in PS ERP, good work life balance

Cons

too fragmented, growth through acquisitions without product integration across the portfolio. Still heavily set in the server client/perpetual license.

6. "Destroyed Culture and Comp After Acquisition"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Deltek full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Very liberal work from home policy. They come very close to discouraging working in the office.

Cons

Culture, compensation, management, upper management, processes, HR, transparency, all nearly 100% atrocious.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your employees. The ones drinking the kool-aid won't do so forever, and your lack of valuing employees who made your acquisitions so successful will be your downfall. There is a reason why retention numbers plummeted after your horrible mismanagement of Onvia. Learn from your mistake and try to treat new employees and companies with respect. Don't just force them to conform to your awful standards.

Deltek Response

February 6, 2019Director of Corporate Marketing & Communications

While we appreciate your feedback, please know that our acquisition process is driven by a commitment to transparency and collaboration. Each acquisition is unique and brings its own challenges and opportunities. Deltek has a large team of cross-functional leaders that evaluate each ...

"Never a Dull Moment!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Deltek full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Always interesting work and never a dull moment! Incredible growth and opportunity for those looking to expand their careers Lots of good happening around the globe - focus on philanthropy and employees giving back to their communities. Excited at the prospect of the future of the company

Cons

More resources are needed to scale the company growth

Advice to Management

Continue grooming the leaders coming up through the organization and giving them the chance to take on more as the company grows. Add resources where needed to scale company's growth plans.

8. "Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - IS Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Deltek full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great people, great culture. There really is a work-life balance. High standards of excellence and performance, and Deltek is so flexible and supportive of employees to be high performers. Working from home is definitely a huge benefit and a necessity.

Cons

Some struggles with change management after the merger, but this is somewhat expected.

Advice to Management

Always be client-centric.

"A So and So Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Deltek full-time

Pros

A recognizable name to have on a resume, especially in the software industry. Decent pay and benefits as well.

Cons

The company feels very boring. There is almost no interaction with employees. Everyone on my floor comes to their desks, don't talk to each other, and leave. Very few opportunities for all the departments to get together and to build the energy and the culture of the workplace.

"Its ok"

I worked at Deltek

Pros

Flexibility in work times Casual dresscode

Cons

Challenging working with some employees

Found 334 reviews