Dexcom Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Dexcom President and CEO Kevin Sayer
Kevin Sayer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company is growing faster than any company I have ever worked for" (in 22 reviews)

• "Benefits are great and all my co-workers are the best" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance can become a challenge as the demands/needs of the job grow" (in 11 reviews)

• "Fast paced brings in its own set of challenges and might not be a place for someone who is used to a bit more relaxed kind of environment" (in 16 reviews)

"Big and stable company to work for"

Pros

Big and stable company to work for

Cons

vert easy to feel like a cog

"Victim Of Their Own Success"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Dexcom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great pay and benefits.

Cons

It always feels like a ship on a choppy ocean with no captain. Too many calls and problems, not enough solutions. Lot of backstabbing and office politics.

Advice to Management

Treat the reps better.

"Decxcom"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Dexcom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing company, you can grow and learn a lot

Cons

lots of work and confusion of duties.

"Great place to start your tech support career"

Current Employee - Technical Support in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Dexcom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They always have food and there is plenty of OT available

Cons

No room for Growth, Lack off or no communication on the floor. They have started outsourcing to the phillipines

Advice to Management

Tech Support needs better technology , the technology they have now is outdated!

5. "Laid Off"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Dexcom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits
    Comfortable offices

Cons

We were all just laid off and our positions are being outsourced to Mexico and the Philippines

Advice to Management

Take care of your people. Have their back. Be kind and champion for them when they need you.

"billing"

Current Employee - Billing Specialist
    Current Employee - Billing Specialist

I have been working at Dexcom full-time

Pros

great company for experience , they invest in their new hires

Cons

no real push to help you get ahead and move forward in company

"Once a great company to work for. Not anymore"

Current Employee - Tech Support in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Dexcom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, great health benefits awesome coworkers.
    It used to be a very chill and fantastic environment to work for. You had more than reasonable goals that were easy to achieve and the company obviously cared about employee satisfaction. This was before everything changed.

Cons

Eventually there were changes in management. One in particular change made most of us that work in tech support miserable.
    Some things were minor, some more severe. For starters, it was pretty laid back, people could sit and not take calls for 10 minutes between every call. Some people did worse. Obviously this was not ok and something needed to change. Unfortunately what changed was that everyone was punished. It went from 10 minutes wrap up time to 15 seconds.
    This was never a call center job, until now.
    This was a job where you took medical calls and wasn't so high stress.
    The company makes a massive amount of profit and decides its going to save even more money. All opportunity for advancement in the company has been gone for nearly 2 years (mostly, there are some minor promotions to tier 2, but no real movement to other positions). Why? Because the company would much rather hire temp agencies than promote their own employees now. I guess it saves them money that way.

Whats worse is our customers in the past 2 years have increased tenfold. Our employee base however has decreased to about a quarter of what it was 2 years ago. The reason why is because we have been given unrealistic goals and lots of stress. No employee's are happy anymore. HR recognized this after someone made a rant on Reddit complaining about the working conditions. We thought HR intended to make things better. However since the meeting with HR, working conditions have gotten more miserable, plenty of double standards. We're treated like robots, yelled at for bathroom breaks (A supervisor literally told someone they're not allowed more than 5 minutes per week for bathroom breaks outside their regular breaks / lunches).
    Promises are frequently delivered to us, then not a word is mentioned when those promises go unfulfilled.

If you email HR asking to speak with them due to unfairness in the workplace / harsh working conditions. HR no longer answers emails.

Due to the fact that we've lost most of our employee's, we've begun to outsource our jobs to a company in Ohio and another company in the Phillipines where they make significantly less money than us. General consensus amongst most employee's who haven't left yet is that Dexcom is planning to get rid of us all in favor of the cheaper labor in Ohio and Phillipines. It's also a possibility that the reason the working conditions have become so miserable is because the company is hoping we will quit so that they won't have to pay us severance when they get rid of us all in favor of the cheaper labor companies.
    We also have new impossible to reach goals, so we're also worried that Dexcom is planning to use those new unrealistic goals to have an excuse to fire us without paying severance.
    It was a great job, and I really liked what I did here and how we helped awesome customers.
    I feel so let down by the company, and I feel as though Dexcom see's us nothing but a waste of their own income and they treat us like step children.

A lot of rules are handed down from above, but only us bottom level employees feel the pain as team leads and supervisors are still allowed to do whatever's been taken from us, which is why you can never find some supervisors who never actually do any work. Additionally others play with their phones all day (which we used to be allowed to do). We're treated so much like children that we literally have signs up telling us how to flush toilets.

I miss when I loved this job. I'm so miserable now...

Advice to Management

We aren't robots. We're humans. If you're planning to get rid of us, then let us know so we can plan accordingly and can make sure we can still pay our bills without losing our homes.
    If you aren't getting rid of us, treat us better. Let us breathe a little, this isn't a sales call center you don't need to give us insane goals to make sure we don't slack off. Your own HR team when they bothered to listen to us, admits things are horrible here.

8. "Technology with Integrity"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Dexcom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dexcom users love our product
    It is easy to convince yourself you're doing good work for the world
    Company is aggressively investing itself
    Good retention
    Employees are mature
    Work is continuously challenging
    Software is FDA regulated, so quality is a high priority
    Portland office is gorgeous
    For a medical company, the software feels close to cutting edge
    Lots of open source languages used

Cons

Software is FDA regulated, so it doesn't feel fast
    So much demand that there is far more to do than we have time

"Worst company to work for"

Former Employee - IT Team Lead in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - IT Team Lead in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Dexcom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good vacation with 3 weeks a year

Cons

Everything else. Management doesn't have a clue how to manage. They have promoted people that are not qualified and treat regular employees terribly.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat people and pay attention to your employees and stop treating them like a number.

"Company had the right roots and mission in the beginning"

Current Employee - Technical Support Supervisor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Supervisor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Dexcom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Able to assist people with Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetics
    Pay is alright except for all the political shenanigans that are required to operate professionally
    Great front line Staff, genuinely care about the patients

Cons

Front line are not provided any sctructure or pathway to moving forward or progressing in their personal or professional growth
    Supervisors are often pitted against one another to promote "better" metrics, often resulting in bad blood within teams
    Higher ups are not held accountable for their atrocities and the focus has noticeably declined from taking care of the patients, to taking care of the stock holders.
    Negative attributes are not addressed and no assistance is provided to help the individual grow
    The phrase "This is how we have always done it" and " That's above my pay grade" is rampantly used and often have inexcusable repercussions for Patients and front line.

Advice to Management

Clear out the bogus folks and get some people who care about your core mission again. Realign your business with Dr.Updike's work and continue to provide genuine care and support for patients. Otherwise, the company will be easily surpassed and unable to recover from the gross negligence that has plagued your company.