Dexcom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.5

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dexcom (Mesa, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online to Dexcom (Mesa, AZ) and heard back from them the day after over email. I was initially sent a series of interview questions which they asked me to respond to so they could review my candidacy. After that I was contacted for a phone interview with HR. I have an official interview Monday, so I do not know what questions are going to come up but I can help with phone/email interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your last role. What did you like about the last place you worked at? Briefly describe a bad day and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Help Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dexcom (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I had a phone screen.

Let's start with the bad: The recruiter asked how much I make at my current role. There are so many things wrong with this question I don't know where to start. If something is illegal in some areas, there's a good chance it's unethical. I want to work for an employer that is ethical, has good values and treats its employees well, offering market or better than market pay without regard to gender, race, etc. No employer should perpetuate discrimination based on discrimination of the candidate's previous employer.

Another bad: "Supervisor" is in the title. Team Leader sounds better, less antiquated.

The good:

The recruiter opened up with the classic tell me about yourself.

The recruiter asked a question, if you were hiring a help desk analyst, what qualities would you look for?

There were maybe 2 other questions focused on behaviors expecting a STAR answer.

Interview Questions

• How much do you make at your current job?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dexcom.

Interview

I applied for the position of Data Analyst in Dexcom through Employee Referral. The process started with me receiving an email from the recruiter asking for available dates for an onsite interview. The interview was scheduled and lasted for an hour. The interviewers were very professional and courteous. It was a good interview mixed with oral technical questions, written technical questions and some behavioral questions.

Later, I received a call from the recruiter, Mr. Clint Johnson, to let me know that the interview went well. He was very professional and talked me through what was going on. The second interview was cancelled and Dexcom decided to offer me employment. The negotiation call was very professional - Mr. Johnson helped me every step of the way including the negotiation, onboarding and starting dates. The ethics and professionalism of HR definitely mirrors the values of the company. That's when I thought, if they treat a potential candidate so respectfully, they sure would their employees. After some back and forth, I accepted the offer and am excited to join the company and be a part of the awesome team!

I would easily call it the best HR experience I have had.

Interview Questions

• Excel Use Case - from table of information to show in a particular format.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dexcom (New Orleans, LA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a couple of phone conversations then a face to face in a noisy hotel lobby. I had another phone conversation with a regional director and I was scheduled for another phone conversation with another regional director when I received a very weird email.

Interview Questions

• They asked a number of questions about the specific markets and who I knew at the accounts which is expected when discussing sales and account management positions.   1 Answer

Network and Applications Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mira Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dexcom (Mira Mesa, CA).

Interview

Interview was less than 10 minutes long, that should tell you... It wasn't much of an interview, which should have been a red flag. If you can talk on the phone, they will hire you.

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was a former employee and applied to return. I managed to get scheduled for an interview for the same job position that I held at the company years ago. However, I was interviewed by a QA SUPERVISOR that had no prior education or experience in Quality Assurance but somehow managed to get promoted to a Supervisor position in less than a year. Mind you, prior to working at Dexcom as a Supervisor, she was Cashier at a clothing retail store. After I was interviewed, I was told by the recruiter that they thought I was not qualified for the position. They didn't even ask questions about my background, the interview mainly consisted of behavioral questions. I have an extensive background in working in the industry for years. So basically if you dno't have experience you get hired. My old coworkers were not kidding when they said this company has become a joke.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation at work if you did not get a long with a coworker?   1 Answer

Android Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

In few words I can say it was a waste of time. My interview was at Dexcom in San Diego . The interview process was very weird. I met 7 of the project "Engineers" and I can tell four of them They don't know anything!! They don't even have questions for me to ask !! I'm the one who was asking them!! It was pretty easy interview. I got an offer after 1 week from the interview and declined it because I didn't feel comfortable to work with them.

Interview Questions

• What is Android? Why you love Android? What is Intent? and some other basic questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dexcom (Mesa, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

After meeting both at the Workforce office and the hotel for introductory information, I had a phone interview. Then the next week, I was interviewed for an hour which seemed lengthy for such a lower level position. Then I was told it would take another week to find out if I was going to be hired which also seemed to be a long time considering it was a low level position.

Interview Questions

• What customer service meant to me.   1 Answer

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dexcom in February 2017.

Interview

The dexcom interviewer got back to me after 3 4 days of applying, was friendly and cool in nature (although didn't give me the flexibility to choose the interview time). After HR call, I was quickly scheduled for the first technical interview (Phone Screen). It seems he had a set of predefined questions (You could be lucky).

Interview Questions

• Questions were on : Algorithms, Basic Android Questions and some CSE questions(should have focused on that :()
      The list goes as follows:
      Asked about Technical background, future objectives and what do you know abt the company?
      Types of Layouts, which one would you use n when, which is efficient?
      Singleton, how would you create one, put too much stress on getInstance() (I got nervous here and spooked it)
      What is deadlock, give an example of Threads in Deadlock (didn't have great insight into that :()
      Other very basic Android and Java questions.   1 Answer

Document Intake Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I received an email to answer some basic questions about myself, and then they asked if I can come in for an in person interview. About an hour after my interview I received a call that they would like to offer me the job. Then, within a few hours I received an email to formally accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation at work where change occurred and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question