EORM Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Glenn Fishler

1. "Great Work Environment"

Pros

Great place to work, friendly staff, and interesting work. Consulting might not be for everyone, but if you are looking for a fast paced work environment concentrated in health and safety then this is an excellent place to work.

Cons

There can be discontinuity between projects. Random amounts of downtime. Work amount is very dependent on what clients you are placed with.

"Associate Consultant"

I worked at EORM full-time

Pros

Not much for positive feedback.

Cons

Work excessive hours without OT, bonuses, or recognition. Unreasonable expectations to make rack rate when billed out on jobs at a rate significantly lower. Expect to work 60 hours a week to make goals. Depending on the office there is quite a bit of back stabbing and cliques between the women.

Advice to Management

Be realistic on the goals and bill out employees at rack rate, so they can have life and good health.

3. "Interesting work, very demanding"

I have been working at EORM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Once you are able to meet everyone, you have the opportunity to make the job what you want. You are exposed to a lot of technical EHS work. You continue to learn something new every day. Half your time is spent mastering your own technical field, and half your time is spent developing new opportunities. It allows you to be curious and learn what motivates clients and what drives business.

Cons

Expectations are very high. It is very difficult to fit in all that is required within the time frame of an 8 hour work day. You will be working long extended hours, and most weekends in order to deliver what is expected. Focus is tough because there are so many unrelated responsibilities. Driving to client sites can suck the time out your day. Long road hours.

Advice to Management

Use positive reinforcement, rather than negative reinforcement when managing your people. Don't tell your employees what they are not doing, but spark motivation by telling them what they are doing right. Try to continue to stay true to your mission, and not let the pressure from the recent acquisition force you to lose focus on your mission, and people.

5. "Intense but a great place to work"

I have been working at EORM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work with the smartest and nicest EH&S professionals I have ever worked with! Management is very supportive and want you to succeed. Benefits are good.

Cons

You are always really busy so it can be hard to switch off. You feel a huge sense of obligation to your colleagues so saying no to new projects can be hard. It is also hard when all your projects are really cool and interesting and you have to choose!

Advice to Management

It is hard treading the line between driving an active business culture and supporting work life balance. Culturally you do okay with this. Make sure you keep helping employees to avoid burnout.

6. "Employee friendly and friendly employees"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at EORM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In my experience EORM really knows how to treat employees positively. Decisions are made with employees in mind and lots of communication helps us to understand what's going on in the company. Employees are friendly and fun and it's one of the best places I've ever worked.

Cons

Consulting can be long hours and long drives to clients, but you don't go into consulting without knowing that.

7. "It Truly Is What You Make of It"

Current Employee - Health & Safety Consultant in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Health & Safety Consultant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at EORM full-time

Pros

If you want the challenge, it is here. I have been involved in environmental health and safety and have never experienced anything like EORM: very diverse professionals, small family atmosphere, intense and closely monitored implementation program, a company with a true and successful sales training program- consistent, none of the 'flavor of the month' business. If you have a drive to succeed, you can do it here as opportunities abound. Stick with the program- it works! Very patient management with a real mentoring program. Very diverse and loyal clientele.

Cons

Lots to learn early on, lots of driving/ windshield time.

Advice to Management

You have cream of the crop consultants. Treat them appropriately and you will retain them.

8. "Laidback simple work"

Current Employee - Warehouse Assistant in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Assistant in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at EORM part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment was very laid back and the work was simple. All of my co workers were affable and the manager allowed music to be played in the background which was nice.

Cons

Not very challenging work but its what I signed up for so no surprise there. There also wasn't enough incentive to work efficiently.

9. "Great CEO"

I have been working at EORM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is pretty decent for the field. You will also get the chance to network with different people at other companies on the job.

Cons

There is a lot of internal politics and competition between employees.

10. "EORM is a great place to work!"

I have been working at EORM full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

EORM is a great place to work and award winning company! There is a solid management team and an exciting growth plan for the company. There are excellent career development and growth opportunities. We work with a very diverse client base which provides learning opportunities for new technical aspects as well as industries.

Cons

As with any consulting company, the work is fast paced.

11. "great coworkers, great clients, fun work"

Current Employee - Consultant in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at EORM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

types of work I do is very exciting. lots of variety. people I work with are great and I learn a lot from them. Clients are very diverse and some of the best companies around.

Cons

long hours, driving to clients - lots of time in the car. have to juggle a lot.