EOS Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

1.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paul E. Leary, Jr.

Pros
  • Nice location, friendly co-workers however most are looking for other employment (in 2 reviews)

• Decent pay and the work isn't really that difficult (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus structure changes constantly but is pretty consistently bad regardless (in 6 reviews)

• No autonomy or trust from upper management (in 5 reviews)

1. "Good Job, Terrible Environment"

Former Employee - Collections Specialist in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Collections Specialist in Rochester, NY

I worked at EOS Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management treated me well (I performed well so that helped). Coworkers were nice enough. Bonuses (when you got them) were great.

Cons

Toxic work environment. Super high pressure and vague bonus structure made it hard to know when you were actually going to get compensated.

Advice to Management

Make the bonus structure clearer!

2. "Collections Rep"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at EOS Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bonus money is a pro

Cons

Management is lacking overall in dealing with employees

Advice to Management

Management needs to pay attention more to the people that actually do the work for them

3. "No job security"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwell, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwell, MA

I worked at EOS Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro I can think of is location.

Cons

Too many layoffs no job security.

Advice to Management

Before laying off great employee's. Review their work ethic find other positions within the company in which they may be suitable for. Get rid of the dead weight instead.

5. "Working at EOS CCA"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MA

I worked at EOS Group (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growth potential on a professional and personal level.

The same as every corporation the culture changes direction dependent on corporate leadership.

Cons

Environment is difficult.
    Managers and work environment create favoritism.

"Horrible Company, Eliminates jobs during Christmas"

Former Employee - Core Collector in Norwell, MA
    Former Employee - Core Collector in Norwell, MA

I worked at EOS Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nice location, friendly co-workers however most are looking for other employment.

Cons

Over past two years I watched the company shrink in size from almost 500 employees down to about 80. Company is losing contracts left and right. They seem to have priorities all wrong. They just spent a couple million dollars upgrading the office but on the other-hand just let about 50 employees go two week before Christmas. Some of those employees had been with the company 15+ years.

New COO is basically a hatchet man. He's only been with the company 6 months and only seems to care about himself and cutting expenses instead of fixing the ongoing problems.

Compensations and bonus programs are inconsistent. Company always trying to find ways to take away the bonuses that people make.

Directors with little or no experience come and go as they please. Come in late, leave early and never put in a full days work. Friends of directors get away with not showing up for work but yet many of the people who were let go were hard working dedicated employees who did show up everyday.

There have been bomb threats, employees trying to burn the place down, management having affairs with subordinates, fights on the collection floor and parking lots, drug deals etc.

Advice to Management

Don't be giving speeches that the company is growing and new contracts are coming in and then 2 weeks later let 40% of the staff go. You have done this numerous times. Lying to employees all the time is not professional. Maybe evaluating people based on what they bring to the table to help the company instead of getting rid of them because of their age or how much they make is very unprofessional. Many of us still here are tired of seeing good people let go and the lies that you keep telling us. All this adds up to a company that is failing miserably.

"EOS CCA gives almost 50 employees walking papers 2 weeks before Christmas"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwell, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwell, MA

I have been working at EOS Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I guess if you are related to the management or, at a minimum close friends, you'll always have a job regardless if you do any work at all.

Nice facility , co-workers are friendly.

Company just spent a couple million updating the office space, but I guess that was more important then retaining the staff.

Cons

This company does not and never did appreciate hard working, dedicated employees. I just witnessed the company give walking papers to almost 50 employees right before Christmas. Some of those employees had 10+ years of dedicated service. The excuse was because the company was not awarded the department of education contract. The interesting fact is that many of those employees had nothing to do with that contract.

The new COO, two weeks prior to all this, gave a speech saying how the company was growing and how the company was hiring and looking for good people. He's evidently a hatchet man.

There are directors who barely show up to work and when they do show up 2-3 hours late, do nothing, and leave 1-2 hours early. Friends of those directors are always out in the lot smoking or texting on their cell phones. Most of us remaining employees think it's awful as we watched the hard workers walk out with their possessions in a box a couple weeks ago.

Bonus programs are consistently changing and the company finds every way possible to take away the little bonus you earn. Watch this office go from over 400 employees two years ago to maybe 80 left now. I am personally looking for another job. This place is a joke.

Advice to Management

Management is a good part of the problem so there is no advice. Maybe the parent company in Germany needs to take a look at the US management and make some changes. The parent company doesn't even mention the US in their monthly news letter. That's how embarrassed they must be.

"DOE dropped you due to poor managerial decision making"

Former Employee - Previous Department of Executive Director Collector in Norwell, MA

I worked at EOS Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Still in business, at least for now
    - Fairly nice location to work traffic wise
    - Friendly atmosphere with great coworkers

Cons

Where to start
    - Corporate friendship and favoritism RUN this company
    - Greed: constant bonus revisions to prevent employees from being paid what they've earned
    - Employees are treated like children, I'm surprised they don't require a hall pass to go to the bathroom
    - Poor technology
    - Advancement Potential: first off, there is very limited ability to grow in the company. Secondly, some positions that require higher education and more skill actually pay LESS than other positions within the company. Third but not final, advancement is based not off of who is best suited for the role but who you grew up with/go to the bar with/attend church with!

Advice to Management

Now that you've lost one of the most lucrative contracts in the industry are you willing to finally look at what led to this point? Are you now willing to pay employees what they are worth so you don't continue to lose/demotivated them? Are you now willing to give employees the bonuses that they earn so that company success is tied into individual success, which subsequently leads to increases production and lower employee turnover? Will you now select managers based on their ability to motivate/lead people as opposed to who they associate with outside of work? You've ran yourself into the ground with poor decision making, do you finally see this? I truly hope you can make the changes that you need to because if you don't there is no doubt in my mind that the company will be out of business within the next 2-3 years. I think it's time that someone in upper management brings each employee (at least from the now lost DOE contract) into their office for individual 15 minute mini meetings where they are asked to honestly explain what they feel went wrong with the contract as well as what can be done to improve the company. I mean realistically, what do you have to lose?

"Place is garbage"

Former Employee - Corporate Services in Norwell, MA
    Former Employee - Corporate Services in Norwell, MA

I worked at EOS Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked on corporate side. They pay appropriate wages for the profession and the region. Above average benefits.

Cons

ALL employees who aren't part of the "in crowd" are treated as garbage. Titles don't mean anything, job performance means nothing. There is a de facto ruler who controls the whole company and he is totally unqualified incompetent and unethical. He's reduced the workforce and revenue by half within 3 years, yet he still has carte blanche.

The "in crowd" members are totally incompetent, and their sole mission is to keep themselves employed indefinitely. With their qualifications they couldn't get a job shining shoes. The new COO, doesn't have a clue and he essentially does whatever they tell him to. It won't be long before the powers that be realize he's useless and axe him too.

They don't know how to run a corporation, so they continually lay people off to show they're reducing costs and hope that the board doesn't fire them for another year.

Nobody, I mean NOBODY ever retires from this place. They will fire you long before that... and they'll think nothing of doing it on a holiday or right before Christmas.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing and run what's left of the place into the ground.

"This place is awful"

Former Employee - Collection Specialist in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Collection Specialist in Rochester, NY

I worked at EOS Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The base pay was eventually pretty decent for me, and for the most part, the majority of my coworkers were really good people.

Cons

They constantly change policies on the fly to deny bonuses to people. Management treats their employees like garbage. There is little to no training. Terrible communication. They screw their employees over every chance they get. Bonus structure changes constantly but is pretty consistently bad regardless.

Advice to Management

Take some management training classes.

11. "collector"

Current Employee - Collections Representative in Norwell, MA
    Current Employee - Collections Representative in Norwell, MA

I have been working at EOS Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

great hours. clean environment. very secure and safe building. need to swipe id badge to get into office you work in. very friendly staff

Cons

there are not that many cons. perhaps mandatory two nights per week and two Saturdays per month but that does not bother me. i just need a change after almost ten years

Advice to Management

have more patience. listen to what is being said before response
    try to make work a fun experience smile a little more