ESP IT Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Excellent"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at ESP IT as a contractor

Pros

Management staff is pretty quick in responding to our questions. They have good connections with clients in Minneapolis city.

Cons

ESP is only in Minneapolis. Hopefully increase the network outside the Minnesota region.

Advice to Management

Very friendly and thanks for the lunch you guys will offer everytime.

2. "Great Firm to Work with"

Former Contractor - QA Tester in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Contractor - QA Tester in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at ESP IT as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good Client base
    Excellent in placements
    Great employee relations

Cons

None! Really great firm. I was very satisfied working with them

3. "Job Placement In Software Position"

Current Freelancer - Software Developer
    Current Freelancer - Software Developer

Pros

Devin worked with me to find my currently employment position. He was in constant communication with me, letting me know when he'd found new positions of possible interest as well as getting the ball rolling with any companies I showed an interest in. I was impressed with how careful Devin was to listen to my wants and requirements for place of employment. Once we did narrow down what companies I was definitely interested in, Devin remained a solid intermediary and provided me with advice concerning: preparing for interviews, proper steps after interviews, etc. I would highly recommend Devin for anyone looking for work in the Twin Cities.

Cons

There were no downsides here.

"Sinking ship, "C" players in "A" game"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Location, office space, genuinely good people with good intentions

Cons

Lost in market - no edge or identity to differentiate from competition
    Internal turnover is at all time high
    Leaders are not able to mentor, motivate, and retain talent in Sales and Recruiting
    Zero relevent training offered
    Confused vision and strategy for growth
    21 principles are preached but not followed
    Leadership tries to push an amazing work environment. It's a facade, the company is not growing, it continues to lose internal employees, consultants and revenue on a consistent basis
    Sales team = blind leading the blind, ESP hires sales people without industry experience and expects production without a training program
    Change is discussed, new ideas discussed but there is limited/if any follow up on process improvement
    No recruiting process, lack of urgency to fill roles, lack of strategy relating to candidate submittals and amount of submittals
    Sales team services existing accounts only, no new clients due to lack of sales training and experience in market
    Inefficient recruiting practice causing duplication of efforts and internal competition on all open reqs
    Future is grim for ESP IT

Advice to Management

It's hard to fill a cup that's already full....Implement strategies and systems that are measurable. Right now, it's broken, needs to be fixed. Be open to trying new ideas and hold team accountable for activity that produces results.
    Identify strengths of team and build on what's left to salvage. Find a niche and grow it.
    Best of luck

5. "Highly ethical and focused on helping not "selling to" candidates and clients"

Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at ESP IT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very welcoming and encouraging at all levels
    Healthy competition: never hostile or negative
    NO GOSSIP. literally no blame or finger-pointing
    Transparent and honest communication with candidates and clients

Cons

There is a lack of cultural diversity on the staff

6. "The Sun Sets to Rise Again"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at ESP IT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ESP IT is in a period of exciting of growth and change. As you may have noticed from reading some of the other reviews below, great change also brings discomfort for some. Ambitious and forward-thinking individuals quickly realize that ESP IT is truly a precious gem in the competitive world of IT Recruiting within the booming Twin Cities tech scene.

1. Immense growth opportunities for long-term commitment seekers - During my time here the leadership team gave an immeasurable amount of guidance, training, and really took the time to listen to my concerns, needs, and goals. The time that leadership puts into new hires is second to none, you certainly wont find this with larger sized firms

2. Agile, cutting edge, and adaptable - as a uniquely sized company ESP is able to make some novel adaptations to the industry and in client/employee relations in the coming years, including individualized promotional campaigns for top clients, promoting gender balanced leadership, and personalized converational approaches. Rather than using desperate coercion and pressure tactics, the recruiters and account managers really take the time to listen to needs, and are open to feedback from employees. This is rare in the industry, and IT professionals should be cognizant that these are comparatively very genuine people to what one may find with larger sized firms.

3. Fun, accepting, and professional workplace culture - Though my short stay here, I formed great relationships with coworkers and candidates that I hope to keep for the years to come. From company outings to sports events, happy hours, and parties, to the every day morning meetings, I really enjoyed working with them. Some of my non-conventional interests (tiny houses for example) were happily welcomed, which goes to show how accepting and open minded the team is.

Cons

1. Uncertainty and disorganization - Onboarding and training processes have made leaps and bounds since transitioning, however still in development it can feel a bit chaotic at times. Previous IT Recruiting experience and strong sense of intuition will help a newcomer sift through the occasional mixed advice received when handling nuanced situations. As the recruiting and account management team gains more experience I predict that any kinks would be quickly smoothed out.

Advice to Management

Seek out the next recruiters and account managers with previous experience and long-term interest in IT Recruiting. I really could have seen myself stay here for 15+ years if my passion for another industry wasn't already so strong. Keep being positive and continue to find innovative ways to be different (continuing to promote gender-balanced leadership, sustainable business practices, and personalized approaches). I think this is a truly special company that is going exciting places and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

"Lost!"

Pros

Flexibility and Office Space

Cons

Delusional and dishonest leadership and extremely Jr. recruiters with non exsistant training

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Leadership without input and culture without truth is not a great recipe.

"Recruiter/ Account Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter & Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter & Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at ESP IT full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great recruiting and sales personalities.
    Strong comaraderie among the revenue producers.
    Energetic personalities
    Nice work space

Cons

Lack of knowledge at the Sr. Management level.
    Complete disconnect from executives, and non revenue producing resources
    Lack of industry knowledge across the company
    Constant change of direction across the company.
    Continual compensation changes to mitigate loss and overhead within company
    To much management and not enough workers
    Preach values that no one follows

Advice to Management

Recognize talent and grow it.
    Invest in your biggest assets, your people

"Horrible Leadership"

Pros

The coworkers beside the management team are great people, just working for a bad leadership team unfortunately.

Cons

Horrible leadership team that doesn't follow the companies own blueprints that they speak so highly of. The leaders will say one thing to your face and another behind your back. Never been so disappointed in a leadership team before. I would not recommend working here. They try to push a great working environment with flexibility but that is being taken away along with any sort of good culture the company had in the past.

10. "Best company to work for in Minnesota"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter & Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter & Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at ESP IT full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility
    Downtown location (everyone has an office)
    Tenured staff with high employee retention rates.
    Excellent internal support
    Opportunity for growth

Cons

Parking and trafic is a problem because of the companies location. Still not too bad!

Advice to Management

Keep believing in your employees!