Ecolab Reviews

Updated May 11, 2021

3.7
Ecolab President and CEO Christophe Beck
Christophe Beck
Pros
  • "Good benefits, opportunity for career development, comp packages are comparable to other companies with similar roles(in 147 reviews)

• "Work life balance, healthy work environment(in 118 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance is really bad(in 183 reviews)

• "Work life balance, on call 24/7(in 87 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Ecolab and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Apr 13, 2021 - Food Safety Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation and Benefits are great

Cons

Travel was more demanding than I was able to accommodate

HR Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the impact you made.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Be weary. Scroll past curated comments to get idea of actual job

Apr 5, 2021 - Territory Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company car, 401k, good stock purchase program, helpful teammates.

Cons

Terrible leadership that is the textbook definition of a good ol boys club. My DM never made budget once in 5 years and was an atrocious leader that was perpetually disengaged. Most individuals promoted are white; yes men. Time and time again my DM was given the keys to the ship after repeat under-performances . Insulting salary for an “on call” job. Reduced headcount and increased workload while at the same time cutting wages. Completely ripped apart any kind of incentive to sell. Took away unmarked company suvs for large bulky work trucks. This is a thankless job that doesn’t appreciate any improvements, restored relationships, aesthetic improvements in accounts, and the value we bring as consultants. Endless equipment, long turn around time on parts, no compensation for needing a personal storage/dedicating an entire room in your home for their equipment. Many individuals are not promoted on their skill, value and accomplishments. Training is sub par in sales and service. I could go on and on with how awful this company turned into but I don’t think I have enough time in a day. As I stated in my title, scroll past the curated comments for a better idea on the reality of working for this country. They don’t care about their employees at all.

5 people found this review helpful

HR Communications

Thank you for your review. Fostering a positive and inclusive culture is really important to us, and we work hard to provide a variety of programs and trainings to support associate advancement. Please know we are also committed to encouraging a fulfilling and meaningful career for our associates. We understand the important role that managers play in the employee experience, and we’re actively working to expand our manager training. We take your feedback seriously as we are always looking for ways to improve.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place

May 11, 2021 - Customer Service Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities to advance were plenty.

Cons

Very competitive to advance after the first six months.

4. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

No respect for the employees and completely mismanaged!

Apr 4, 2021 - Territory Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company car (however mine is extremely beat up and was promised a new one 2 years ago but still haven’t even been hinted at when that’s will be happening) Co-workers

Cons

Everything else. New pay structure is a joke. During recent transition, offer letters were given 10 days before and employees were told take it or leave it NO NEGOTIATIONS WILL BE HEARD! No time to find a new job, can’t negotiate new income. New roles were supposed to simplify things but all it does is spread out employees and make more work for each person. Went from working 40 hours a week max ( we had a lot of freedom to build our own schedules as long as we got our work done), to now working 55-65 hours per week. On top of that technically on call 24/7 because we are at the beck and call of our customers every whim.

4 people found this review helpful

HR Communications

Thank you for your feedback. Fostering a positive culture and employee experience is important to us. We also strive to provide equipment that meets the needs of our associates and customers. We take your feedback seriously as we are always looking for ways to improve the employee experience, and we encourage you to share your concerns with your manager or HR business partner.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great industry

Apr 27, 2021 - Marketing Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Purpose and mission of providing clean water, safe food, healthy environments and abundant energy in addition to sustainable practices and commitments to contribute to society make this a great company to work for. Focus on safety and the customer.

Cons

Not enough resources to go around. Heavy workload and expectations. Low tolerance for mistakes. Greater focus on bottom line than employees. Old command and control leadership style.

HR Communications

Thank you for your feedback! Your work is important to us and we appreciate your ongoing impact and willingness to take on meaningful challenges.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Was once a career company before One Institutional

May 10, 2021 - Territory Representative in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Relationships built with accounts you manage

Cons

Compensation no longer reflects the work you put in considering your on call 5 days a week 24/7

7. 4.0

Great manager

May 7, 2021 - Data Analyst in Saint Paul, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Two great managers, great team

Cons

Upper management Entitled kids in apprenticeship program lead to them becoming bad managers

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Spent 6 months, had an iffy experience

Apr 20, 2021 - Supervisor in Winston-Salem, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, stock purchase program, benefits are solid

Cons

Training plan was disorganized, support from upper management away from the facility was questionable.

HR Communications

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.

9. 5.0

EHS Engineer

May 4, 2021 - EHS Engineer in Joliet, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company to work at, friendly environment

Cons

None that I can think of

HR Communications

Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate your feedback.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Don't do it

May 5, 2021 - Territory Manager in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are about the only thing left

Cons

Institutional division is going downhill. If you like wrenching on dishmachines then this is the job for you. You are a repair person now. On call every 6 weeks. No work life balance. To take vacation you have to get people to take your area so now they have there own area plus yours for the day. GPS on truck.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,533 Reviews