Ecolab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for an Ecolab job online and then reached out to someone in HR to see what else I could do to help me find a role that suited my skills and interests. I was contacted and given ideas for various roles and departments. Once I applied, I continued to reach out to hiring managers and finally landed a phone interview. If they want to move forward after the phone interview, they will schedule an in person interview with the hiring manager and a few other team members. I came to St. Paul for my interview and met with a few different people. It was a comfortable, private environment and the interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a customer was upset with you and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle that?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you saw some problem and took the initiative to correct it rather than waiting for someone else to do it.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you managed numerous responsibilities. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Interview

Face to face interview with two people. Each ask a variety of questions to try to get to know you better. A lot of conversating as well as questions being asked.

Interview Questions

Interview

Good, they were very professional and vocal about the want to help their employees grow within the company. A very good company with many great benefits to grow with. There were 3 rounds, although I'm not sure if every Territory Rep position will go through the same process.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pocomoke City, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ecolab (Pocomoke City, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

Easy application and resume submission.
    Quick response and turn around with every aspect of the initial responses. Pleasant nd friendly interaction with young lady. The assessment questions were straight and to the point with relatively little problems.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about travel? Do you enjoy speaking with people? Are there any spectators you think you would like or dislike about the amount of driving you do per day?Are weekends a problem?   1 Answer
    • Do you like people?   1 Answer
    • How many people do you interact with on a daily basis   1 Answer

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, MN

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ecolab (Woodbury, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

This was just the initial phone screening. After the screening the HR rep who is taking candidates to the hiring committee to discuss. He said he would get back with me but I didn’t hear anything back either way even after following up.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of how I’ve been disruptive to process in other jobs   Answer Question

Associate Regulatory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview
    Scheduling was chaotic on their end. Cancel/reschedule/called an hour before scheduled time to confirm I would be there at scheduled time? Very strange.
    Job was different than advertised on Ecolab website. Interviewer from Minnesota was limited in details about the job and limited in technical ability to properly describe the job. Couldn't answer slightly technical questions about the job. Her behavior was flippant and unprofessional. I also felt she was just going through the motions and I just represent a quota to interview. Definitely not what I would expect from a world renowned company like Ecolab. As a professional Ecolab phone interview is a red flag on the company itself.

Interview Questions

• No direct questions just tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Human Resources Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, first on campus and second at the Head Quarters
    Conversational style of interview
    Different interviewers for different candidates so no two people have the same set of interviewers
    Personality and Skills review test

Interview Questions

• Q. Can you tell me of a time when you handled a conflict at the workplace?
      Q. Can you talk about how you convinced someone of your idea?
      Q. Resume based questions
      Q. Strengths and Weaknesses based questions
      -Location preferences   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ecolab (Urbana, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

They interviewed me right away and asked theoretical questions as well as for examples from my life that would demonstrate certain qualities. They responded within a few days. The interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• What is one instance where you had to do something unconventional to solve a problem   Answer Question

Infrastructure Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab (Eagan, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

First 2 interviews were phone interviews, one with HR and one with the hiring manager. The third was in person with a local manager and a potential future colleague. Everyone was polite and professional.

Supply Chain LDP Interview

Interview

Behavioral questions and questions as to why I want to work in supply chain. Lots of time for me to ask questions and a relaxed environment with two interviewers asking questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Standard interview process; met with a middle manager in a hotel lobby, reviewed the standard interview questions, waited a week before hearing back from the company for another round of questions, then heard back from the District Manager with a job offer.