Ecolab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for an Ecolab job online and then reached out to someone in HR to see what else I could do to help me find a role that suited my skills and interests. I was contacted and given ideas for various roles and departments. Once I applied, I continued to reach out to hiring managers and finally landed a phone interview. If they want to move forward after the phone interview, they will schedule an in person interview with the hiring manager and a few other team members. I came to St. Paul for my interview and met with a few different people. It was a comfortable, private environment and the interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a customer was upset with you and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle that?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you saw some problem and took the initiative to correct it rather than waiting for someone else to do it.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you managed numerous responsibilities. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ecolab (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Easy, well coordinated. I had the opportunity to interview with all the lawyers and also the general counsel.
    Then, they called me a few days later and made an offer. They gave me time to quit my other job.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ecolab (Fort Wayne, IN) in May 2013.

Interview

Currently going through review process. Very college, past experience, license and criminal record very thoroughly. Looking forward to the phone screening. But have to complete online assessment of 100 questions. Wow.

Negotiation

Uncomplicated.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab in May 2015.

Interview

Very smooth...District manager came out to do a face to face interview following a telephonic interview at corporate. I also conducted a ride along with an experienced rep with opened my eyes to alot of the pros and cons.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Apply online and received a telphone interview chance. Need to complete a online assessment screening in order to qualify telphone interview.
    Online assessment is not difficult, including table and graph analysis to make sure you do know how to read sales quota plan. Telphone go through well. HR was fine and asking the experience in resume. Unfortunately not be selected to process next step interview

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

On campus interview. Did a lot of networking. Networking is the key. Interview is very simple. 1 behavioral and 1 case interview. One of them was a person I already knew. Experience in marketing is a plus point. Understand their business model. Ecolab is top notch company and it is worth all the time. Spend time in research

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2012.

Interview

MBA on campus

Interview Questions

Didn't wanted to relocate to Minnesota

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Multiple ways to get a job - as an internal employee with MBA, Lateral Industry Hires converting Full Time MBA internship (via referal or on-campus) or campus recruitment for 2nd year students. For Full Time Interview process - there are 2 rounds - 1. School Campus/MBA conference and 2. Interviews at Ecolab Corporate Center.
    Culture: Sales Heavy
    Skills Required: Prior Sales Experience+ MBA+ B2B Marketing Mindset + Leadership Skills
    Experience Required: 4+ years prior to MBA for fresh graduates, 5+years experience for Non MBA (Industry Hires or Part Time MBA)
    Interview Questions: Mostly Behavioral ( interesteds in knownig the situation, what you did and what was the result)

Interview Questions

• What are the three things you would like improve when you join Ecolab?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is generally non negotiable. Slight chance of negotiation in joining and relocation bonus

Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Two telephonic interviews. Followed by on site interview schedule on Thursday afternoon for next day on Friday evening. They do not provide travel and parking expense for interview. No wonder they are profitable.

Interview Questions

• Background work experience, salary expectation, questions about future role for a new team.   Answer Question

Lab Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ecolab in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by 4 people, one at a time, 45 minutes each. 2 of them asked about technical questions and the other 2 asked behavioral questions.
    The interviews went well. Everyone was very friendly