Ecolab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for an Ecolab job online and then reached out to someone in HR to see what else I could do to help me find a role that suited my skills and interests. I was contacted and given ideas for various roles and departments. Once I applied, I continued to reach out to hiring managers and finally landed a phone interview. If they want to move forward after the phone interview, they will schedule an in person interview with the hiring manager and a few other team members. I came to St. Paul for my interview and met with a few different people. It was a comfortable, private environment and the interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a customer was upset with you and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle that?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you saw some problem and took the initiative to correct it rather than waiting for someone else to do it.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you managed numerous responsibilities. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

About three managers asking random questions and watching your reaction and listening to your answers. It was very interesting and also they make you feel at ease and you are encouraged to ask questions

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself being at the company for a long time?   Answer Question

Interview

Good, they were very professional and vocal about the want to help their employees grow within the company. A very good company with many great benefits to grow with. There were 3 rounds, although I'm not sure if every Territory Rep position will go through the same process.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pocomoke City, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ecolab (Pocomoke City, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

Easy application and resume submission.
    Quick response and turn around with every aspect of the initial responses. Pleasant nd friendly interaction with young lady. The assessment questions were straight and to the point with relatively little problems.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about travel? Do you enjoy speaking with people? Are there any spectators you think you would like or dislike about the amount of driving you do per day?Are weekends a problem?   1 Answer
    • Do you like people?   1 Answer
    • How many people do you interact with on a daily basis   1 Answer

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, MN

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ecolab (Woodbury, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

This was just the initial phone screening. After the screening the HR rep who is taking candidates to the hiring committee to discuss. He said he would get back with me but I didn’t hear anything back either way even after following up.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of how I’ve been disruptive to process in other jobs   Answer Question

Associate Regulatory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview
    Scheduling was chaotic on their end. Cancel/reschedule/called an hour before scheduled time to confirm I would be there at scheduled time? Very strange.
    Job was different than advertised on Ecolab website. Interviewer from Minnesota was limited in details about the job and limited in technical ability to properly describe the job. Couldn't answer slightly technical questions about the job. Her behavior was flippant and unprofessional. I also felt she was just going through the motions and I just represent a quota to interview. Definitely not what I would expect from a world renowned company like Ecolab. As a professional Ecolab phone interview is a red flag on the company itself.

Interview Questions

• No direct questions just tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Human Resources Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, first on campus and second at the Head Quarters
    Conversational style of interview
    Different interviewers for different candidates so no two people have the same set of interviewers
    Personality and Skills review test

Interview Questions

• Q. Can you tell me of a time when you handled a conflict at the workplace?
      Q. Can you talk about how you convinced someone of your idea?
      Q. Resume based questions
      Q. Strengths and Weaknesses based questions
      -Location preferences   1 Answer

Supply Chain LDP Interview

Interview

Behavioral questions and questions as to why I want to work in supply chain. Lots of time for me to ask questions and a relaxed environment with two interviewers asking questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Standard interview process; met with a middle manager in a hotel lobby, reviewed the standard interview questions, waited a week before hearing back from the company for another round of questions, then heard back from the District Manager with a job offer.

Senior Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Eagan, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied on Indeed and 6 days later was contacted by HR. A phone interview was set up for 3 days later (I was non-local). I had 5 separate phone interviews (4 technical, 1 HR), all conducted on the same day. Technical interviews were 30 minutes long, HR was 15 minutes (discussion of start date, salary, benefits, etc.). 4 business days later I was contacted to schedule a fly-out visit. I visited the site a week later, at which point an offer was made to me.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, e.g. "Tell me about a time when you had to handle a stressful situation; what was the situation and what did you do?" as well as technical questions, "Describe your experience with insect identification" (I work in pest elimination research).   Answer Question

Pest Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ecolab (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview, Meeting with District Manager after the phone interview i didnt hear anything for 2 weeks. Finally got a phone call for a sit down interview with 2 managers.