Edaptive Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at Edaptive Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, flexible, opportunities for growth. Allows telecommuting, good work environment. Management has open door policy. Employs people who have each other's back.

Cons

Recently acquired by a larger company which caused it to lose it's small, family-owned feel. There is some nepotism, but that's just life.

Advice to Management

Communicate to employees what is going on with contracts and where the company is headed from here on out. Give promotions and jobs based on qualifications not because a certain employee is a manager's son or daughter.

2. "Nice Company Good People"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Edaptive Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I spent most of my time out of the office at a client site, but found that the company was made up of nice and considerate people. Good benefits and great work-life balance. Management is transparent and there are regular town halls to keep everyone informed.

Cons

Even though transparency was key, it seemed people jumped ship to other projects on the slightest bit of uncertainty which could result in lack of project continuity.

Advice to Management

None. I had never worked for such an open company before and it found I very refreshing! Tone was set at the top and middle managers in turn were also open and direct.

3. "Great Work-Life Balance"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Edaptive Systems (More than a year)

Pros

Management very informative about corporate directions.

Cons

Management structure experiences lots of turnover.

5. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Test Automation Engineer in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Test Automation Engineer in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at Edaptive Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee, free soda, free lunch for some meetings.

Cons

Job is not secure, laid of 100+ people with one email.

6. "Feel Appreciated"

Current Employee - Oracle Developer in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Oracle Developer in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Edaptive Systems (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company values its professionals and rewards excellence. We deliver the highest standards of performance for our customers. I would highly recommend this employer.

Cons

There are a lot of administrative hoops to jump through, but they are necessary for CMMI 4.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! And keep winning new work.

"Overall, a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jarrettsville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jarrettsville, MD

I have been working at Edaptive Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, telecommuting policy, generous amount of PTO, Very nice office environment, free soda & coffee, Gym in building, Subway in building, competitive salaries, family friendly company

Cons

Rely on government contracts for job security, corporate staff are distant and sometimes very impersonal and insensitive. Contract issues on my project lead to a layoff massacre of the team I worked on. Over 100 employees laid off. Good severance package, but I was laid off via an email Spam. Not one person from HR even spoke to me to explain to me that I was laid off, why, etc. I had no ability to ask any questions. Made me feel like the several years I worked there meant nothing to them.

Advice to Management

Even if it takes a little bit more effort, have respect when laying someone off. It's a hard thing to deal with from both sides and a little bit of respect can go a long way. DO NOT send someone an email from an HR email (not even a specific person) to lay them off. It's cold and rude.

8. "Program Manager"

Current Employee - Enterprise Integration Program Manager in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Enterprise Integration Program Manager in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at Edaptive Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family oriented company with an exceptional leadership team. Many perks and benefits that make employees feel valued and appreciated.

Cons

Your tenure is solely dependent on the availability of contracts. Unfortunate because the
    Company dynamic that exist here often cannot be duplicated in conventional companies

9. "True work life balance!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owings, MD

I have been working at Edaptive Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company practiced what it preaches and truly cares about process improvement, investing in employee personal and professional growth and treats every employee with respect.

Cons

Healthcare contributions could be better. Telecommuting policy could be a little more relaxed. Cross contract interaction is limited. It would be nice to have more of that.

10. "Great Management"

Current Employee - Architect in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Architect in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at Edaptive Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brilliant people to work with. Excellent salary and benefits. Flexible hours.
    Timely and regular management communication. Employee feedback via tiny pulse.
    Transparency on expectations and company strategy. Well defined processes.

Cons

Company business highly dependent on federal contracts. Health insurance premium is high.

Advice to Management

Keep up with good work

"Benefits are good but people are not valued"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owings, MD

I have been working at Edaptive Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free pizza, drinks, benefits are good - PTO and Work from home options. Leadership seems to have their heart in the growth and success.

Cons

Bonuses are minimal or non-existent. People are not always valued. The state of contracts sucks, which isn't Edaptive's fail. Communication is sometimes poor. People work more hours than expected. While there are good work/life benefits in place, the work is still there and requires more time.

Advice to Management

Bonuses are minimal or non-existent. Under run budgets should be redistributed as employee bonuses. Pride yourself on transparency, but the contract info communicated was not transparent.