EmCare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Todd G. Zimmerman

Pros
  • Good pay for little amount of work expected (in 7 reviews)

• Great co workers and doctors to work with (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Couldn't trust upper management to tell the truth (in 6 reviews)

• On call does not offer a work life balance (in 3 reviews)

1. "Needs improvement"

Current Employee - Site Coordinator in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Site Coordinator in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at EmCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work schedule is very flexible. Work is pretty easy to understand. You can build personal relationships with the doctors. Manager listens to issues in the office.

Cons

Physicians expect us to work as personal assistants for them. No incentive having to work weekends and holidays just to do the schedule for MDs. They don't offer work from capabilities. There is too many mergers causing the little guys to get left behind.

Advice to Management

Listen to your coordinators since they are on site 24/7

Feb 23, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your input. Please consider discussing your concerns with your supervisor. We wish you continued success!

2. "Stagnant Roles"

Current Employee - Data Analyst
    Current Employee - Data Analyst

I have been working at EmCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sick and PTO, somewhat flexible schedule, friendly crowd, employee appreciation and morale events are fun
    Upper level management is optimistic about the environment that will come (...likely in 2018)

Cons

The company has been in 'migitagtion' (no extra spending, no promotions, no position creation, limited hiring) for about 2 years. There is no where to move within the company even if you are 'promotional' material.
    The systems and tools used for both this company and it's clients are outdated and production of their 'custom' tools was poorly executed.
    Pay is not great and is largely 'by the hour' for most departments.
    Dress code is very 'old fashioned', outdated and inconsistent (pants within 6 inches of your ankle are allowed, but your skirt must be within 3 inches of your knee, you cannot show your shoulders, you cannot have visible tattoos, and jeans are ok on Fridays, summers, and any time you make a donation during a fundraiser for a cause of their choice).
    This company has both wonderful and petty people, so pick your social groups wisely.

Advice to Management

First, hire managers who want to be managers (otherwise your projects will never get completed and launched properly). Design the 'new' company structure to be modern and handle growth in a dual career ladder for departments where available.
    Modernize the work environment including the technology, employee handbook and the employee dress code.
    Overall, catch up with the expectation of the next generation of employees that you need to hire and be supported by.

Mar 20, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Please consider discussing your concerns with your supervisor. We will share your input with management.

"Financial Analyst"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst Intermediate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst Intermediate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at EmCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

10 sick days annually, 10 PTO (vacation days) annually.

Cons

If you are promoted, do not plan on getting a raise during the annual review. They will prorate off of your merit raise based on when you received your promotion. They will not promote you to a senior position if they already have 1 senior position filled "on the team" although this is not a supervisory position. However, you are expected to perform the same functions as the senior position.

Advice to Management

Make decisions, stand by them, and stop throwing the subordinates under the bus when you make a mistake.

Mar 20, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Please consider discussing your concerns with your supervisor, who will be able to address them appropriately. We will share your input with management.

5. "Administrative Assistant"

I have been working at EmCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hours, Location, Flexibility, that's about it.

Cons

No room to grow, pay rate, benefits could be better

Feb 23, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your input. Please consider discussing education and advancement opportunities with your supervisor. We wish you continued success!

"Do not go to work here"

I worked at EmCare full-time

Pros

Good pay and great location to downtown

Cons

They do not care about quality of work only about petty personal issues.

Advice to Management

Emcare preaches about being a family when you are hired. If you happen to have a personal conflict with certain uppers at this company you are treated like a pariah. They become petty, vindictive and hateful. I felt bullied and it was a very stressful hostile work environment before I left. I never got to tell my side of the story in the situation that happend. I was told that the situation was all my fault and I was condemned. I did very good work for this company and its sad that was never taken in to account. Its sad that I was attacked by upper management and yelled at like I was a child by my direct supervisor on several occasions just because she was having a stressful day. They are not professional in the way they handle issues. I would never reccomend this company to anyone as being a good and fair employer. No amount of money is worth being treated badly at your work place by supposed adults.

Mar 20, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your input. We're sorry that the experience wasn't what you expected. We will share your feedback with management, and wish you luck in your future endeavors.

"Good company to grow with and make a difference in healthcare!"

Former Employee - Management in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Management in Clearwater, FL

I worked at EmCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family culture - although two large divisions, cross assistance and communication occurs.

Cons

Management to be included in senior decisions should occur consistently and involve stakeholders, like the staff employees when implementing new ideas.

Advice to Management

Use your human resources to generate ideas, bring together the teams, and involve in the failures and successes. The Teams want to be part of the merger, the growth, the future. Speak to them and involve them. Utilize the vast amount of talent all around and do not segment processes.

Feb 23, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to lose such an engaged employee! We will sure this feedback with Envision's management, and we wish you luck in your future endeavors.

8. "physician assistant"

I have been working at EmCare full-time

Pros

Plenty of locations for working around florida

Cons

Poor benefits, schedule made too far in advance and very rigid

Advice to Management

review benefits packages, create performance incentives

Feb 23, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your input. Please consider discussing your concerns with your supervisor. We'd hate to lose you as an employee.

"Corporate employee"

I have been working at EmCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic teamwork between divisions. Excellent providers at the facility levels. Strong triad model of supporting the providers at the facilities with EVP/DCA/DCS team.

Cons

Opportunity for standardization between divisions in processes and information. Opportunity to do a deep dive into billing and maximizing revenue capture. Also opportunity in effectively developing initial proformas on new business and ensuring the proper costs and coverages are being presented.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide open and transparent communication to staff. Especially during time of transition with the integration of AmSurg and Envision.

Jan 23, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We wish you continued success!

10. "Decent Experience for a Recent Grad"

Current Employee - Clinical Information Manager
    Current Employee - Clinical Information Manager

I have been working at EmCare (Less than a year)

Pros

The Clinical Information Manager (CIM) Department seems fairly organized overall and I appreciate the industrial/organizational improvements that management are attempting to implement at different work sites. There are also opportunities for growth within the department (i.e. projects, promotions), which is helpful for a recent college graduate who is seeking to build experience. Time commitment is also fair as it gives full-timers the chance to get involved in other commitments related to school and/or internships.

Cons

Area for improvement: Classroom training could have less focus on going over a lot of documents that can simply be reviewed at home and more focus on becoming very familiar with electronic health records, dictations, and billing/risk management since this usually should take more time. It was also a bit of an inconvenience to learn how to use one particular EHR during training and then on the job site have to learn how to use a completely different EHR.

Jan 23, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We wish you continued success!

11. "Emergency Department Physician Assistant"

Current Employee - PA-C in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - PA-C in Nashville, TN

I have been working at EmCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

relatively higher local hourly wage

Cons

poor and costly benefits, poor retirement options

Jan 23, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback.