Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 5 years

Assistant store Manager

Jan 9, 2017 - Assistant Store Manager in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very comprehensive superiors. Flexible hours. Great team and great work environment. Very laid back style you can dress as you like. Great employee discount

Cons

Not a lot of long-term work possibilities. It feels like you are always waiting for someone to quit to have a promotion.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great employer

Sep 16, 2021 - Brand Ambassador
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at Gap around 4 years. I got this job my first year of college just to earn some extra money, I didn't think that I would stick around for this long. I have had the best coworkers/managers and overall I've had pretty good experience at my particular location. I did some research on Gap for one of my college classes since I was a business major and I learned even more about the company than I had with my years working for them. Gap's values align with my own and they give a lot back to the community and are doing more to become a sustainable fashion brand. The employee discount is pretty nice too, most of my clothes are from Gap.

Cons

The only thing I'll complain about is I that I had some pretty bad managers, but almost every job has had bad management at one time or another.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great starter retail job

Sep 8, 2021 - Sales Associate in Allen, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great starter job if you're in high school or college looking to make a few extra bucks. The manager there was an extremely chill guy and I think he did a great job managing the employees. They fed us on huge events like Black Friday and they also gave us rewards for selling Gap credit cards. The job itself was also very easy and laidback.

Cons

The pay was low but I wasn't really expecting high pay working in retail. They do require to work Black Friday (as most retailers do) and it could be overwhelming at times. My biggest gripe would have to be the customers. Some customers that shop are rude by nature and genuinely don't care about you. There are a whole lot of Karens and entitled people. But I found these cons very manageable.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Gap.