Gap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,587 Interview Reviews

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

The interview process was really comfortable and not only did they ask about worth ethic, but they asked questions about what we want to accomplish in our goals and careers that don't necessarily have to do with GAP. They wanted to make it a goal to have a diverse amount of creatives on the team.

Interview Questions

• What is a routine that is important to you?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

The interviewer begins by getting a better understanding of your experience and expectations in the role. Customer service role play is until used to ensure you understand how to respond

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

1:1 interview with store manager outside the store. I did not interview with the other store managers. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. It was a great starting place to get my first job. I would highly recommend that anyone interested in building a retail career look into Gap, Inc. After my initial interview with the store manager, they checked my references. I did not actually receive an offer until 6 months later when they revisited applications. The interview was not intimidating and answered a lot of my questions about what to expect on the job as it relates to training and performance expectations.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a Normal Interview, They want to know what can of experience you have, if they need to teach you and if you demonstrate the you are a hard working individual.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Miami, FL).

Interview

Straight foward. Initial interview with GM, they ask you about your background, experience, and accomplishments. Then they ask the difficult questions. then a follow up and final interview with DM if your GM liked you.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this team?
      Tell me about a time you have to work with someone difficult?
      What will be your biggest challenge coming to this store?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview was a good experience. Asked about my availability with my school schedule and questions about my previous work experience. Overall, normal interview questions and nothing tricky. Was asked why I specifically wanted to work there.

Internship Interview

Interview

submit app on line with CV and cover letter. Something to be mindful of is that they do not tell you when the application portal will close so it is important to get it in as soon as possible. I had a friend who missed the application

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

One interview - took place in store. Lasted no more than 30 minutes.
    Easy interview. Asked very basic questions - asking about myself. What previous experience I had. Behavioral questions as well

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview process was fast and simple, I was asked to explain my roles with previous employers. I was asked about my availability. The job description and role was explained. The manager said she will be giving me a call soon. I received a call the next day to finish online application and background check to start working..

Interview Questions

• The manager asked about availability   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

The process was very quick and casual. It probably took about 20-25 minutes total. They asked pretty basic questions, like previous job experience, why you want to work in retail, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe the last time you had really good customer service   Answer Question