Gap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2018
1,402 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. I felt very comfortable interviewing. The interview felt like a simple conversation. The person that interviewed me didn't ask me any trick questions. She was also very accepting to answering my questions as well.

Sales Associate/Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied for the job online. The next day I received a call back from HR to schedule an interview. It was a group interview. Nervous at first but it was laid back. The interviewer asked a few questions, took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose to work at Gap?   1 Answer
    • Describe to me how you would handle a difficult customer   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you received great customer service.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a week or two later. I came in for a group interview while the store was closed and one other person showed up. It was a pretty standard retail interview. They wanted to know things like how you work with other people and that you won't steal merchandise. They contacted me about an hour later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to work through a difficult situation with a colleague and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gap (Cypress, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

I showed up to the interview ten minutes early and met with the store manager. He was extremely nice and sweet. It was originally supposed to be a group interview but the others hadn’t shown up so we conducted the interview between ourselves. He asked me basic questions about school and the amount of hours I would be able to work and I was given an offer after 5 minutes of talking.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Very quick and efficient process. I applied and received a phone call the same day. I interviewed the next day as a solo interview (however the manager said they normally do group interviews for round one). Very easy questions, basically just trying to get to know me. After the first interview I had another interview with the GM two days later. Things went really well and at the end she said she was going to push through a background check and she would call to let me know if they wanted to hire me. Two days later the first manager calls and offers me the job and schedules my orientation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was fast and nice. I arrived 10 min earlier and I had to wait. It supposed to be a group interview, but the other girl didn't come, which was really good for me. I was a little bit nervous, but the interviewer was so kind and it made me feel better. She asked me to introduce myself and make 3 questions after. All that took around 15min. The interview was like a conversation. Right after the questions, she told me that want to hire me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Very pleasant experience! He told me right from the beginning that he did not want to waste my time with a 45 minute interview. I got there 15 minutes early and the interview started about 5 minutes later. Even though it felt like an eternity, from start to finish, it was no more than 20 minutes. As for the interview itself, I'm one of those people who likes to try to "study" for the interview, but with the GAP interview, there's really no need to. The questions are simple, open ended questions. (You could EASILY just make something up if you truly don't know, haha)
    The Strangest part of the interview, was that he made me go onto the floor, pick out an outfit (3-4 pieces of clothing) - like pants, shirt, etc, and just kinda explain why I chose the outfit. He also asked me how I would justify the higher prices of GAP.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe GAP clothing? (EX: Casual, trendy, etc)   1 Answer
    • How would you describe your personal style   Answer Question
    • What Stores is GAP affiliated with   1 Answer
    • What is the general price range of gap?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about some of your previous work experiences relating to this job   Answer Question
    • How would you greet/approach the customer on the sales floor?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle working with someone you don't like.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Easy. I went in and we sat in the backroom, he asked me a long series of questions. It was formal but I also felt comfortable, like we were just having a conversation, because he was smiling and laughing with me.

Interview Questions

• How do you value diversity? Why do you want to work for gap/in retail?   Answer Question

Head of Brand Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Short sharp and excellent with expectation of giving a presentation. Had time to prep for the presentation and review it. The topic was a case study of a time that I had success in a campaign.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when...   1 Answer

Stock Assosite Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

They Had me waiting for over an hour and once I had my interview, it only lasted less than 5 minutes. Even if they'll call back, I will not accept the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous job. That's all they asked.   Answer Question