Gap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2018
1,429 Interview Reviews

2.2

Contracts Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Applied to post on internet, followed up w/ phone interview - asked about IT experience, contract review experience, corporate experience. Looking for contractor w/ possibility of becoming FTE. Wanted more IT and technical experience for a position that involved contract review.

Interview Questions

• How much experience did you have w/ shepherding IT contracts?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Auburn, AL) in August 2011.

Interview

I was not offered a job although I was led to believe I would be getting a call from the store.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (West Hartford, CT) in February 2012.

Interview

Basic face to face with store manager. Also met with the district manager and discussed my previous management experience. As well as the Gap culture and the job description. Talked about my management style as well as what the General Manager was looking for in a manager. Talked about employee retention and the volume that the store does annually.

Interview Questions

• What was my management style?   1 Answer

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I completed Gap Inc's Retail Merchandise Program ("RMP"), which I highly recommend, I had a very positive experience with the program. Upon completing RMP, they set up a few interviews for different positions available. There were one or two interviews for each, usually a 2 on 1 and sometimes also a 1 on 1 with a VP. Some were really relaxed, others had a few tough questions. I think the most important thing is to show your interest in the position/team/product, and to come prepared with thoughts on the business (strengths, competitors, market opportunities)

Interview Questions

• What's something we could be doing better? Who do you think is our biggest competitor?   Answer Question

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was recruited from my campus. So there was an initial one-to-one interview. They also had a group interview with other candidates from my college. When you make it past the those interviews, they fly you out to headquarters in San Francisco for another evaluation. It's rigorous, but they try to bring together a highly qualified group of people.

Interview Questions

• They view how you interact in a group interview, as well as one-to-one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Bellevue, WA) in February 2010.

Interview

Group interview asking basic questions like how would you sell a certain item. The store manager at the time was very friendly and open to all questions. There is an assistant manager that does interviews too.
    All of us in the group were hired, i have never known my store to not hire someone who came in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• What do i appreciate in a customer experience when i am shopping?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask about higher pay because a raise won't happen for a while.

Associate Interview

Interview

Group interview

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had difficulties with your coworkers and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Had a one on one interview on the phone, later had a presentation. Overall was good and everyone was very nice, had some difficult questions, but they seem to care about your thought process more than your specific industry knowledge. There are specific industry questions, but even with knowing very little about them, made it to the next round. Overall seems to be a great company.

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln City, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Lincoln City, OR) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed, I felt like I was talking to a friend. There was only one interview; I was called the next week to work.

Interview Questions

• At the time, I was still getting used to being interviewed. Every question was unexpected and difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gap (Freehold, NJ) in July 2010.

Interview

Need to submit instore and online application. One interview, paid training days.

Interview Questions

• They may ask secifics about you're resume because it relates to their life.   Answer Question