Gap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017
1,318 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

The interview was a casual group interview with 5 other hopefuls. The manager of the store was the interviewer and we answered questions by going down the line. Very standard questions were asked, like what are your strengths and weaknesses and why do you want to work for Gap. The interviewer also asked some fun questions, like what animal are you most similar to.

Interview Questions

Interview

Went on seasonal hiring day and interviewed right on the spot. It was a very casual and easy interview. I filled out a couple of paper work including my availability and the manager interviewed me right on the spot at the table where the hiring event was taking place.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Another interviewee and I had to wait over an hour to get interviewed, because the manager had to handle a difficult customer. Once the situation was handled, she apologized and brought us into the back to begin the interview. It was awkward having to get interviewed with another peer, but the environment was very relaxed. She told us that she is really into personalities and getting to know the people she's employing, so she asked us to describe ourselves. All three of us were just having a conversation rather than a formal interview, which was different than my other interview experiences.

Interview Questions

• What would a good day at work consist of?
      Why did you apply to Gap?
      What is your availability like?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ysidro, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gap (San Ysidro, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call where I got asked to come into the store for a group interview. We were led to the back of the store and taken into the office. We were interviewed by the Manager and observed by the Loss Prevention associate. They did not require everyone to answer, but obviously you need to answer to stand out amongst the group. After that they said they'd call in a couple of days whether or not you got the job. I have not heard from them yet.

Rotational Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Resume/application, online assessment, phone screen, a branding project (think about many scenarios and possibility and how to fix them), an in-person invitation to SF office, ( which is about 3 weeks after the branding project). They ask all the similar questions so make sure you prep as much as you could. Then the process is well-informed, easy and fun.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe one time you use data to prove a point or create a solution.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Group hiring. A few simple questions, your hired pending background check. Large group asked general questions with individual answers to each question. Video about company history and brand history like Gap, Old Navy etc.

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Ontario, CA).

Interview

I applied online and within 2 business days they called to set up an interview. It was a group interview with 4 other people. Everyone was asked 3 to 4 questions and it was probably a total of 30 minutes! It was quick and easy. Three days after the interview I got a call to set up an orientation time! If you need a job and it's your first time a seasonal position at Gap is the way to go.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online, took a survey and received a phone call asking me to come in for a group interview the next week. The interview was in a common place in the mall and was pretty casual. She would ask a question and we would go around in a circle giving our answer.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to sell Gap credit cards?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

2 interviews with 2 different store managers, both in suburban stores, great interviews with well spoken, knowledgeable managers. Negative reviews because of the offer that I got and the fact that the both managers made me wait 10 or mins before they came out to interview me...idk what that is about. I decline the offer because it was for a lower position then I interviewed for and I didn't feel that with my 13 years of retail experience that I needed to take a lesser position to work up in the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with someone undermining your authority   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Rocklin, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Group interview with 6 other candidates, was very relaxed but still nervous. 3 interviewers, they were detailed with note taking and very professional . We were all offered jobs that same day and picked our schedules and did paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to tell someone some difficult news, what was outcome and there was another part to it, but I can’t remember being my nerves got to me with interviewing and public speaking.   Answer Question