HubSpot - Great place to grow in your career | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be difficult to work out at first" (in 47 reviews)

• "It's a growing company so there are some growing pains obviously associated with that" (in 31 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great place to grow in your career"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HubSpot moves fast and invests in its people. While at HubSpot I have seen a massive effort to improve internal tools and to ensure people have what they need to get the job done.
You are able to make a large impact because you are responsible for what you do and you own the things you are working on.

Cons

Things can get hectic very quick as things move fast and if you aren't into that it could be an issue.

Advice to Management

Keep taking care of your employees!

Oct 17, 2018 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for being a Senior SWE on our team and helping our engineering team grow better, I'm deeply grateful for your hard work. Hectic is definitely a good word to describe how it feels here... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great place for flexibility, learning and being a part of something BIG"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are constantly challenged here. It's safe to say that you are always learning and the autonomous nature of how people work here allows to pull on your strengths and work on your weaknesses.

Medical benefits are really good - with the deductible paid at 100% by HubSpot - this is a big perk.

Parental leave is decent. 4 months for the primary.

Work from home or flextime is highly supported.

Cons

Internal communications are not great. The internal wiki is the source where everything gets dumped, but it's easy to fall behind or not understand what you might have missed. For such a global company, this should be better.

Advice to Management

Figure out communications for internal stuff.

Oct 17, 2018 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for the thoughtful review and love the headline! I appreciate the callout on our core benefits, particularly for parents, so thanks for sharing that. I would agree our internal communications... More

2. "You can feel yourself getting smarter"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Support. HubSpot is the first company I've ever worked for where I can count on every one of my colleagues to support me when I need it. Departments are so well aligned in their goals, it's almost always in someone's interest to help you, and vice-versa, even if you work for different teams.

- Precision. Brian Halligan (Founder & CEO) recently described this company as a "laboratory for ideas," and that's exactly how it feels. Although the work I do here is consistent with the marketing industry today, HubSpot does it with a precision and at a depth that is hard to come by. You're always given the opportunity to run an experiment or touch a new piece of software that upgrades your business acumen.

- Personal growth. You work with people who are so smart and passionate about their work, it inevitably rubs off on you. I can feel myself getting smarter and faster because of the people I work with every day.

- Amenities. Free food when you need it. Work from home when you want it. The office is so cozy, though, I usually prefer coming in. :)

Cons

The first week of training can be overwhelming depending on the department for which you were hired. A lot of information is thrown at you, and while it is all important, it can be hard to sort out what you'll need to know right away to be successful.

This place is a bit of a bootcamp, at least when you start. You work so consistently hard that it's easy to feel swept up in systems and processes that offer little time to digest and ask questions. (You get much better as you go.)

Work-life balance is a priority here, but it might not be inherent to your position. It's up to you to find that balance and protect it -- even if that means having some patience and/or a conversation with your manager.

Advice to Management

As the business grows and new products roll out, team alignment across the company might get harder to maintain. Let's make sure we're as aligned in our day-to-day as we are right now. The key is (and will always be) to listen to your employees and make sure they feel encouraged to speak up.

Oct 14, 2018 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for your thoughtful review, and for the awesome feedback on listening, feedback, and alignment-I think the context you provide on being overwhelming at the start plus your note on getting... More

Discover more reviews about HubSpot.