Cover image for Walmart

Apr 19, 2010
      Sales Associate
      Current Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunity for meeting new people and learning new things about the department you are in. Fast paced environment makes days go by very quickly.

Cons

Micromanagement at its finest. You can't make a decision without fear of getting yelled at by multiple managers. If you have an issue don't even think about using the open door policy. Wal-mart's answer to open door is "ignore the problem until it goes away or takes care of itself." Don't even try to move up. Unless you have someone pulling for you, you will not make it, period. Favoritism is rampant. Hours "automatically generated" by the computer. If you don't have completely open availability, you will get your hours cut to near nothing (try 4-6 hours in a pay period), yet open availability means swing shifts all week, and no promise of 30-40 hours.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
        Nov 27, 2023
        Certified Pharmacy Technician
        Current Employee
        Business Outlook

Pros

Get paid every other week

Cons

Don't get paid enough at all

1. 5.0
          Jun 2, 2015
          Assistant Store Manager
          Former Employee, less than 1 year
          Amarillo, TX
          Business Outlook

Pros

Advancement opportunities, great at developing skills, great place to learn a skill and grow your resume, or grow with the company.

Cons

Understaffing issues negatively affects all parts of their business. However, Walmart has increased their minimum hourly rate with hopes to attract more committed employees, and retain better employees.

Thank you so very much for this review and advice. We value this and will be sharing with our leadership teams.

Discover more reviews about Walmart.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

UX Designer and Software Engineer

Is it normal that after the pre-interview with HR, and after he mentioned I would have the first interview with manager xx, he just disappeared? I sent an email and called the office a week later but no answers from him. Is this the way KPMG recruit people? He also contacted me two months later from the day I applied.

1 Comment

Software Engineer

I've been on the job market for the past 4 months, facing challenges with securing interviews. I'm contemplating enrolling in Career Elevator (www.mycareerelevator.com) to refine my interview skills. Additionally, I'm intrigued by ApplyAll.com, a tool for automating job applications. Has anyone used either program to enhance their job search? I'm eager to learn more and would greatly appreciate any advice or insights you might have! Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Comments

Manager

Confused. Currently working for a mid sized firm with big clients but have been offered a role through my network for a relatively small startup but a with higher designation / lead role & similar salary to my existing pay. The new role is more strategy + lead but non technical while my current role is managerial level but more technical. If in my position, would you stay in your current role or take the new one?? Happy to answer follow up questions. Thank you.

2 Comments