Walmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017
6,270 Interview Reviews

2.2

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

If you get called for an interview, you can pretty much guarantee that you have the job unless you fail the drug test or are a complete idiot. The questions they ask are very easy. Nowadays expect to be employed as a Temp. A few months down the road, based upon your work ethic, you can expect to be hired on as part-time.

Negotiation

See you Monday.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

It was easy no problem. They were very friendly n everytime i asked if they could repeat the question they were very nice about it. They were polite n they treat u with respect. They let u run the show.

Pharmacy Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I've been applying to basically every position at Walmart on their website for over two years. I finally got a call last Friday from the pharmacy manager about scheduling an interview for Tuesday. When I got there the pharmacy was very busy, so I had to wait about 20 minutes. During the interview I was told about the attendance policy and what the position will entail. The main part of this job is giving good customer service so I was only asked about my good and bad experiences with customers. He still had more people to interview so I was told I'd find out on Thursday if I got the job. Today's Thursday and I got the job I just have to do the drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you have great customer service.   1 Answer
    • Give a time when you experienced an unhappy customer and what you did to help them.   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walmart (Springfield, OR).

Interview

Went by pretty easily when I had my resume in my hand and my previous experiences. The asked about my criminal history and there was none. Did I know how to clean and work unsupervised? Sure I can.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever taken illegal drugs.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Interview

The phone interview went well with HR, and she explained what the job description was. And I was clear on the fact that I had not been working for the past year as I took a sabbatical leave., so I was looking to transition back into the work force.

Interview Questions

• The director asked me a few questions, and clearly from what he was asking did not match the job description online, and did not match what HR had indicated. The director came in and claimed that I stated that I was an expert at excel, and proceeded to give me a spreadsheet to do complex tasks to perform. I was unprepared and had never claimed to be an expert. I was a bit annoyed by the behavior. The job description too, was not as what HR had informed meow, and there was never any mention of expert required for excel, and that I was going to be tested. This was not what I expected. In addition, it was clear they wanted a person who knew a particular type of system, that Walmart uses, and also wanted some who knew the Walmart process, procedures and polices well. When asked if I knew the systems, I stated "no", as I was never employed by Walmart. Sounded more like they needed to hire someone internally.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

I applied, I got called in, I filled out some paperwork, I got asked a couple of questions, and then I left. Waited for a call back, but it never came.

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

generic behavioral questions that are not too difficult to answer
    asks about strengths and weaknesses
    asks about previous experiences and availability
    interviewer was very professional and friendly
    lasted around 30 minutes
    short phone interview first then asked for in person interview

Interview Questions

• how do you handle a difficult situation   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had a hard time finding the place for one, it was quiet and pretty decent. But I did go and interview, but they told me that I would have to call when the place opens up, since I am applying to be a cashier, but it doesn't add up because why would you give me an interview if you can't hire me...but that's my opinion

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Interview process was an unique experience. It was a group interview. It lasted about a day. I have met several managers from various departments. It had given me more interviewing practice.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highland, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Highland, IL).

Interview

Basic character assessment questions. Standard when did you face a problem, what did you do about it kind of questions. The interview is easy and useless. It doesn't ask any questions that are directly related to the job you are interview for.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you faced a problem and how did you handle it   Answer Question