Walmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017
5,565 Interview Reviews

2.2

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

If you get called for an interview, you can pretty much guarantee that you have the job unless you fail the drug test or are a complete idiot. The questions they ask are very easy. Nowadays expect to be employed as a Temp. A few months down the road, based upon your work ethic, you can expect to be hired on as part-time.

Negotiation

See you Monday.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Pretty basic just dont fail drug test seriously lay off of it. Just be youself its very easy to get the job once you get call in for the interview just be polite to everyone there

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

I went in for an interview and basically just had to sign a few papers. I was only asked one question which was to describe a time I went above and beyond for a customer. In the end, I was offered a position. Nice and simple, which is something that I loved. People there seemed amazing and I cannot wait to start.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Unloader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hallettsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Hallettsville, TX).

Interview

Quick and to the point hired same day. Applied online got a call 3 days later hired and started within a week. Lots of training videos though. Slow progression for promoting

Interview Questions

• What I felt I could bring to the company   1 Answer

Associate Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Walmart Technology is so unprofessional. I was contacted by HR for associate data scientist position. She asked me about by background and salary expectations. As I was having 2 offers, I told her that my expectations are high. Then she scheduled a webex interview with Sr. Director and two other senior technical member. Interview went fine and I heard back for her after 1 week. She told me that they wanted to schedule an onsite interview. I said yes to that. Everything was done, tickets and hotel booked. But 2 days before interview, I got a call from other HR saying we are looking for someone with more experience. So, we are cancelling the onsite interview. This is so unprofessional. I told them about my experience on the very first day, why didn't they realized it then, I wasted lot of time and efforts during the process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

2 levels with increasing difficulty. Met with direct manager and her manager via video conference. Engaging and deep dive, no fluff. Behavioral based and highly informative discussion about both my work history and the culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about you problem solving skills   1 Answer

Pharmacist Interview

Interview

Very laid back. Interview more like conversation with the district manager. Takes place in the back room. Just be yourself. They will most likely tell you if you are fit for the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for walmart   2 Answers

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Long and intimidating. The questions that they ask are long and drawn out. The question is asked all at once with all the follow up questions lumped in. Also, the questions really are not geared towards what kind of knowledge that you have.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to apply good judgement. What was the situation, how did you determine what needed to be done. What resources, people, or tools did you use, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

They were nice to me. The ASM at the time offered a little more money to hire me than what usually was offered. He wanted me to give my two weeks notice at Kmart as that was the right thing to do. I took the advice and had a good employment there for the most part.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

You apply and wait for them to call (or you can call them to check on the application status/process). When they call you they will tell you to come in for the interview. You will only need to pass one interview, and it is VERY easy (in my experiences, at least, and I have worked at three different stores). Most of the time, waiting for the person who will be interviewing you will last longer than the actual interview. It takes ten minutes tops once you start the interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond in customer service?   Answer Question