Walmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenoir City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Lenoir City, TN) in May 2018.

Interview

Interviewed by two store managers and they asked a few questions regarding character, ethics, business experience, and management. It was a great interview and the managers were very nice and helpful in understanding the companies policies and process.

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

If you get called for an interview, you can pretty much guarantee that you have the job unless you fail the drug test or are a complete idiot. The questions they ask are very easy. Nowadays expect to be employed as a Temp. A few months down the road, based upon your work ethic, you can expect to be hired on as part-time.

Negotiation

See you Monday.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied online and waited for few days. When the employer called me, I came to the store to take the interview. Usually, we filled out the paper and take one by one interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was easy. They ask basic customer service questions about retail. There isnt really much to much about it. Work as hard as you can and you will be fine.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Initially, at least online, the process was straightforward with just typical application type stuff. Personal data, education, work history, etc. It's fairly short too, so not so tedious as other places I've seen tend to be. After that, I was asked to complete an assessment which turned out to be basically a personality/ work preference test. I've always been advised to answer honestly on these types of tests, so for example if it asks if you've ever taken/stolen a pen or some other minor office supplies, as we all have, answer affirmatively. Also, many of these types of tests, and this one was no different, ask the same question (s) repeatedly, just maybe slightly reworded or phrased and what they are looking for is consistency in answering. Meaning try to recognize when this is occurring and answer all or at least most of the questions the same way. The Walmart test also had 4 to 6 questions giving you short scenarios and then asking you to prioritize them. So, one I remember had listed:
    "You overhear a couple of associates complaining about a new policy change."
    "A display for a new product rollout needs to be complete before the end of the week."
    "Next week's schedule for all associates needs to be completed."
    There was one more but I can't remember it, but it was similar to these others and you were then supposed to prioritize these but it didn't tell you what day of the week it was. All of these type questions were structured similarly.
    Finally, there was a section that would give 2 behavioral type sentences and you then had to choose between "Sort of like me" or "Just like me" for one of the two sentences, so one I remember most and it's because it was one of those they asked repeatedly, was something along the lines of "I work well under pressure" and "I don't work well under stress."
    So having said all this, I answered things honestly, and recognized the repeat questions and answered them consistently and so on, only to get an email the next day saying in large bold letters "Assesment Failed" at the top, so pretty brutal if you ask me. It also said in the body of the email "Thank you for your interest in seeking a career with WalMart Stores, Inc. You received a non-competitive result on the assessment, which will expire six months from today’s date. We cannot consider you for this position at this time, but we encourage you to seek other positions within WalMart Stores, Inc."
    I'm not exactly sure what a "non-competitive result" means, other than "YOU FAILED!" At least that's how it felt anyway. I have no idea of course where I failed in the test. It's difficult to know how they would have you pritoritize things for example and perhaps they think no one works well under stress so if you say you do, like I did, they think you aren't answering truthfully. I just don't know, but I hope this is helpful somehow and I really do wish everyone well in their job search. I obviously know how difficult it can be.

Interview Questions

• I work well under pressure or I don't work well under stressful conditions and you have to choose between "Similar to me" or "Just like me." for one of the two.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Very easy process everything went fast unfortunately I chose to go to a different path but overall fast. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a job or first job

Hunting Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Called in for an interview and was only asked "Why do you want to work at Walmart?". I did my drug test and my back ground check and was scheduled to do orientation which was 8 hours paid.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Walmart?   1 Answer

Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

A complete joke. When reviewing applications, if you don't have completely open availability, you will be avoided, not professional at all, questions asked are ridiculous, and if you have ever worked for the company before, you better hope they took you out of the system under the right reason code or you will not be reconsidered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you provided great customer service.   1 Answer

Deli Interview

Interview

Very easy. Straight forward questions. Told interviewer I was bad at interviews and she understood. She offered me a job after asking about 3-4 questions. She told me a lot about her career at Walmart

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Simple interview. Straight forward questions on database , coding language and few concept based. Phone interview and screen share. the person who took my interview was really sweet and helpful as well

Interview Questions

• questions based on strings and arrays and database query   Answer Question

Interview

Called for an interview, sat down with other future employees. Ranges from in different department, basically got hired on the spot and had to bring in all form of documentation. Went on to fill out paperwork and was told our hourly rate.

Interview Questions

• Are you old enough to work?   1 Answer