Walmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

7,170 Interview Reviews

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Merchandising MBA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in January 2018.

Interview

For the MBA internship, I applied in November and received an invitation to interview in December. They conducted both rounds the same day, in person. I had behavioral questions followed by a case with 1 person. Then I moved to another room to do another case and more questions with another person. They called me 3 days later with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did something that had an adverse affect on another team.   Answer Question

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

If you get called for an interview, you can pretty much guarantee that you have the job unless you fail the drug test or are a complete idiot. The questions they ask are very easy. Nowadays expect to be employed as a Temp. A few months down the road, based upon your work ethic, you can expect to be hired on as part-time.

Negotiation

See you Monday.

Anonymous Employee in East Setauket, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart (East Setauket, NY).

Interview

The interview process was pleasant and thorough. It is 100% customer service and team based. There is a face to face with two people from management. If the interview goes well, they will go over multiple available positions and which one they think best suits you. It usually takes one day for them to reach out with an offer.

Cart Pusher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Princeton, IN).

Interview

Extremely easy one question. Nice and professional. I don’t know what else to say but I require 30 words so I’m just gonna type away till I reach my 30

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walmart (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

Phone call interview and occasionally a panel with 5 to 10 questions based on scenarios. Some of the questions were repetitive in nature but always based on your past work experiences.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The process was very easy and painless. I walked into personel, like they had told me to on the phone, then waited for the fabrics and crafts manager to interview me after speaking to personel.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Ontario, CA).

Interview

Group interview. Favoritism is a huge factor. They prefer people that already work there and people are already selected for the roles. Externals being interviewed have little chance. Multiple SM interviewing multiple people. HR manager is also present. Lots of questions about behavior and not much about experience.

Anonymous Employee in Westfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Westfield, MA).

Interview

-apply online
    -will call to set up an interview
    -will not call or email you if you are not selected
    -F2F single person interview
    -hours hours computer training before you’re given a register
    -uniforms (you buy uniforms) (wear comfortable shoes!!)

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in customer service?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I showed up and let customer service know that I had an interview scheduled. They called the hiring manager over and we went back into a small room where he ask me one question. "What have I done in my previous work experience to show that I can provide outstanding customer service?" After I answered I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How have I shown exceptional customer sercice in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Newport News, VA).

Interview

I got a call the day after I put in my application to interview for a store opening. The person who interviewed me was the person that ended up being my Assistant Manager. He was kind and respectful the entire time. At the end of the interview I got a job offer and negotiated pay.

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was a very easy interview process. They called liked three days after applying for the position and offered the job as cashier at the end of the interview. Starter working almost a week after that.