iContact - Highs and Lows. | Glassdoor

"Highs and Lows."

Current Employee - Strategic Advisor in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at iContact full-time for more than a year

Pros

Has the potential to be great, management just doesn't seem to know how to leverage employees properly. Work life balance is good, unless you are one of the few that management consistently leans on. Company seems to be in a bit of an identity crisis, are we a services company or a application for small businesses?

Cons

Turnover is huge. Recent purchase is still debatable - Seems to be a good thing, unless iContact gets wrapped up into Campaigner. If J2 is willing to let us build the product that matches our small business model (again, this is debatable), we will succeed. VPs don't seem to be on the same page and GM doesn't stand his own ground. Internal promotions are a joke. Management circles through their favorites, even... if those favorites do not have the proper experience. There is a certain mold that you need to fit in order to be successful and it often doesn't rely on your work ethic. Reviews are pointless. Don't bother trying to stand up for yourself, you'll immediately be shunned. It'd be nice to see the GM actually acknowledge his workhorses. You can go months without having someone thank you for your efforts or tell you that you are doing a good job. The company isn't that big, it's not that hard to be thankful for the people that are in the trenches, especially when it comes to customer support/service.

Advice to Management

Pick one path and define your space in the market. Listen to your employees and value them, otherwise, you'll keep losing people that are your workhorses, actually invest in the company and care about the direction. If not, you'll be left with a team of robots that have no stake in the company and only care to gain a paycheck and leave right as their 8 hours are up. J2, take a look at the top, it's not hard to... discover the root of the problems and why we've had so much turnover. Create positions that actually resonate to what our client base needs, not some model that you've seen work with companies that are not in our market. Management, take ownership of when something fails, your employees didn't fail without you guiding them. Don't speak down to your employees, they are the reason you are where you are. Stop creating an environment that thrives on competition and pinning one person against another. Be transparent. Set goals months ahead of time, rather than just on the state of the current numbers. Stop playing catch up and actually set plans.

iContact2019-03-06

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Amazing work environment"

Current Employee - Senior Product Expert

I have been working at iContact full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work-life balance Overtime opportunities Excellent team and leadership Company outings and events Relaxes and friendly work environment Competent co-workers

Cons

Relatively lower pay compared to other similar jobs, off-set by good benefits. Company has been acquired a few times throughout the years, leading to mass layoffs, though I have not been affected personally by these.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work!

iContact2019-06-05

"Company is Slowly Disbanding"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at iContact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

To date, there are very few pros in comparison to other opportunities on the market.

Cons

Company first laid off employees. Now, is slowly letting the rest of the employees filter away to other employment opportunities. Investment in the brand and product line is ceasing. Slowly, operations of this product line are transferring to the parent company's other email marketing application.

Advice to Management

Be honest with those who have been loyal to you. Stop playing games.

iContact2019-10-16

Discover more reviews about iContact.