The latest conversations about Finance
Commercial Customer Service Representative
What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.
Got a burning question about Equitable Advisors? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Equitable Advisors employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people are great and motivated" (in 151 reviews)
- "Great training to develop business" (in 139 reviews)
- "Great culture and highly motivated individuals" (in 93 reviews)
- "Flexibility; the company truly cares; great benefit options" (in 70 reviews)
- "flexible schedule and they were able to provide me with a market to work" (in 44 reviews)
- "No base salary (completely commission based)" (in 76 reviews)
- "Not much help from management and poor organizational structure." (in 64 reviews)
- "Long hours and hard to stay determined" (in 59 reviews)
- "Commission only from day one" (in 54 reviews)
- "Hopefully you get a good manager (as I did) that will help you get a foothold in business early before you start to branch out." (in 44 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Equitable Advisors and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 2,105 of over 2K reviews
Updated Sep 23, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Sep 23, 2023Financial AdvisorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSecaucus, NJ
Very friendly and motivating. The management team is very talented and it is exciting to be learning from them.
No complaints very nice office.
- 3.0Sep 12, 2023Financial AdvisorFormer Employee
There are a few key employees I enjoyed working with, some good lessons that came from running client meetings, and inspirational/emotional stories of how senior advisors got started in the business.
Lack of training, lack of consistent pay, condescending tone and attitude towards new advisors, "PEP" period can last for several months if you do not get any good cases to close right when you start, the "base pay 2k/month" contract is not good, senior leaders act like Equitable is the only company that pays financial advisors fairly but this company is just structured to where the top 10% of advisors make all the money and the other 90% make under 40k/year, with the average new person's income being about 10-20k in their first year from my experience.3
Equitable Advisors Reviews FAQs
Equitable Advisors has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 2,432 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Equitable Advisors to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
72% of Equitable Advisors employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Equitable Advisors 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.