Etech Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Dilip Barot

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • night shift is not a problem as they have multiple and rotational shift (in 11 reviews)

• I only left due to health issues (in 3 reviews)

1. "I answered calls for a phone company"

Current Employee - CRS in Jacksonville, TX
    Current Employee - CRS in Jacksonville, TX

I have been working at Etech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working with people

Cons

I had to drive to rusk tx

Advice to Management

I was able to learn more things

2. "Chat representative"

I have been working at Etech part-time

Pros

Incentives for performance, friendly environment, lots of overtime opportunities

Cons

Clean room feels like have sometimes, no food allowed in room, sitting down for long hours

3. "Online chat representative"

Current Employee - Online Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Online Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Etech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay and lunch break
    Training to cultivate performance

Cons

No time keeping system
    Being on more than 2 chats at a time

Advice to Management

Please do your job effectively and be a motivator for the company to work towards that common goal. Also be prepared to answer a lot of questions agents may have at the moment.

"Intake Specialist Findlaw"

Former Employee - Intake Specialist in Nacogdoches, TX
    Former Employee - Intake Specialist in Nacogdoches, TX

I worked at Etech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy job, Good enough pay, Great teammates.

Cons

Management not handling things well at time.

Advice to Management

Handle certainly situations more professionally to contribute to the overall success as a team.

5. "Amazing people to work for."

Pros

Enjoy working with the people here

Cons

Seems during training we always had issues with the computers working

6. "Best place to get supervisory experience"

Current Employee - Assistant Trainer in Nacogdoches, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Trainer in Nacogdoches, TX

I have been working at Etech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to move up if you apply yourself
    Good benefits

Cons

Responsibilities can shift quickly
    Communication can be an issue

Advice to Management

Push communication for leaders as it is key to effective teamwork.

7. "Etech Customer Service and Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales

I worked at Etech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, Environment, Flexibility,Good Management, Integrity.

Cons

The only improvement could be employee recognition.

8. "A good Work Environment"

I have been working at Etech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best Platform to set up a career path

Cons

No downsides experienced yet with the company.

"Outbound sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

Pros

Nothing if you like sitting and selling internet and cable maybe this is for you. I don't recommend this job

Cons

You basically have to work 11-8 mon-sat calling and forcing random people to buy direct tv. The interview process was the dumbest interview I've ever had. You have to sit with the supervisor and sell a pen. Staff seems unorganized and it looks ghetto. If you don't seem like you're going to stay with the company long term they won't hire you. A complete waste of time.

"Don't get suckered into this"

Former Employee - Online Chat Representative in Rusk, TX
    Former Employee - Online Chat Representative in Rusk, TX

I worked at Etech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*many of the team leaders are good people who really care about you.
    *there were more than enough leadership opportunities.
    *the receptionist will just make your day every time you see her (she's the sweetest lady in the world).
    *The team leaders work with you on hours if you have to miss for any reason.

Cons

*Team leaders and other higher-ups were extremely underpaid, and there was no real incentive to be a leader. They draw people in by promising "advancement opportunities," but there is no real benefit other than a nice little addition to your resume.
    *READ THE FINE PRINT. When you give your notice to the company, you are forfeiting your commission check, even if you work through the entire month earning your commission, they will steal it from you, and you can't do anything about it. The first day of training, we signed stacks of paperwork. One page was an agreement that if we put in our notice, we were forfeiting your entire commission check. However, those details get lost in all the paperwork that you sign, and they count on that. When I moved 45 minutes away with my two babies, I had to take another job closer to my home. I was a fantastic sales rep with excellent customer satisfaction ratings who made large commission checks. But with all of the driving in the dead of night (I worked the night shift), it just wasn't worth it to me. I took another job for the summer, and put in my notice at Etech. I remembered signing an agreement about the rules for receiving the last commission check, but I could not remember the details. So I did the appropriate thing, and asked my team leader how long I needed to stay to receive my check. My team leader wasn't sure, so they went to our shift manager and asked him. We were all in agreement that we believed I would only have to work through the end of the month to receive my check which was close to $800. Just to make sure, my shift manager emailed his supervisor who confirmed this for me. For two weeks I worked two jobs. I worked a 9-5 job, then came to Etech to work until 11pm. From there, I picked up my children from the babysitter in the middle of the night and headed home, and we didn't get to bed until midnight. Then I'd wake up and do it all over again the next day. This went on for two weeks, all so I could receive my last commission check which was what was going to pay the bills that month for myself and my babies. At the end of that horrible two weeks, I was satisfied that I had done what I needed to to receive my check. I finally received my Etech paycheck which only included my $9 hourly and never saw a single penny of my commission. I called the company, spoke to my former manager, called another location, and eventually got transferred to the HR lady who said she would do nothing for me because of the agreement I had signed on my first day of work. Even though I had sought out confirmation on the terms of that agreement before making any decisions and received that confirmation through three different sources, she refused to help me. I was devastated. I truly feel like they stole my very hard earned money from me, and there is nothing that I can do.
    *The company and the client cares nothing for you. The sales reps are their pawns. They hire young people from all walks of life, many of who do not understand how to form a complete sentence and don't know what proper punctuation looks like, then they give them very poor training and throw them to the wolves and discipline them harshly when they can't keep up. They draw them in promising them commissions, benefits, childcare reimbursement, college reimbursement... when the truth is everyone there is on government assistance and can't use any of that anyway. When I say "they," I'm not talking about the team leaders. The team leaders are all affected by the company's selfishness as much as anyone.
    *Your benefits won't kick in until after the 6th month of employment.
    *You won't be allowed to use any of your PTO until after 1 year of employment.
    *The training is absolutely awful. Much of my time was wasted during training that could have been spent learning. I didn't appreciate the wasting of my time. The trainer could have come up with more games and exercises to help us learn, but instead he wasted our time talking about his video games, telling us stories, arguing politics, and sending us on extra long lunch breaks.
    *When my sitter had a problem, she could not reach anyone. We were forced to leave our cellphones in a locker or in the car, so I had zero communication with my sitter. I gave the sitter my team leader's phone number in case of an emergency. Once my oldest son was violently throwing up while with the sitter, and she tried desperately to contact my leader, but couldn't reach him for 5 hours. I think the cellphone policy is unreasonable, and for someone like me who had two babies with a sitter on the night shift, there should have been a plan in place.
    *This job is a dead end job in a high stress environment. Enter at your own risk.

Advice to Management

*Don't steal your employees commission checks! That's just pathetic, those people work hard for their money and deserve every penny they earned. If they give sufficient notice of their resignation, you have no business keeping their hard-earned money.

*loosen up the reigns on the cellphone policy. When you have children, that cellphone ensures that when there is a problem, you will be the first to know. Respect that, and have some compassion.
    *Hire more capable employees instead of running the employees that you knew would not do well at the job to the ground. There should be more qualifications than a 30wpm typing speed.