ExamOne Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Troy L. Hartman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "part time flexible hours if that's what you're looking for so you can pursue other jobs, good compensation" (in 6 reviews)

• "Flexible schedule, great job & good work experience" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "mgmt not too swift, limit on equipment, no benefits" (in 9 reviews)

• "wear and tear on car, mileage , engine, etc" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Paramedical Examiner"

Current Employee - Mobile Phlebotomist in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Mobile Phlebotomist in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at ExamOne part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible team ... we all work together to create an amazing functional working environment. Salary is good as well as scheduling us appropriate times and number of patients daily. Even during stressful busy days we pull together as a team.

Cons

No more than 29 hours of work a week. We drive our own vehicles and pay for our own gas.

2. "Part time paramedical examiner"

I have been working at ExamOne part-time

Pros

You choose your patience, and your schedule. It works around what you want.

Cons

Sometimes there’s not enough work to go around.

3. "Paramedical examiner"

Current Employee - Paramedical Examiner in Thornton, CO
    Current Employee - Paramedical Examiner in Thornton, CO

I have been working at ExamOne part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hrs are very flexible, chose your own hours.
    Everyday is different, not stuck in a center all the time, mileage and supplies are all tax deductible.

Cons

Pay is not enough for the risks and work involved.
    Torture on your vehicle. No raise until after first yr of work.

Advice to Management

More pay, some perks or benefits!

4. "RN"

I worked at ExamOne part-time

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Not any cons that I know

"Branch Manager"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at ExamOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Blueprint for Wellness - annual comprehensive blood testing. That’s it.

Cons

Everything else. I was with the company just over two years and am still astonished they are still in business. The complete lack of HR knowledge, general business sense and ethics was terrifying. There was no formal training because there are no formal policies or procedures. Each branch is essentially on its own with very little support to ask questions - terrifying considering the industry. Quality employees were routinely over worked and severely underpaid. Middle management found every loophole to get out of having to increase branch managers’ salaries while increasing workload all over the country. On the flip side, terrible employees were rewarded for threats and poor behaviors. Several times employees were found to be stealing money from the company but were just transferred to other branches or positions to avoid scandal to Quest. Because ExamOne is significantly below performance needed, they have driven many quality employees to quit and laid off many others so any promise of growth opportunities is completely false. The main office was completely unaware of day-to-day functions of each branch and have consistently been more interested in living by corporate stereotypes and creating pointless meetings and projects that provided to benefit to the company but gave them plenty of opportunities to pay each other on the back. There is also an overwhelming feel of being in a terrible movie high school with unnecessary gossip and instigating. My supervisor regularly told me private information about my coworkers and vice versa. Fair warning- if you voice a concern she will retaliate and they will let it happen! Middle management have very cushy positions and are currently having meltdowns to avoid getting kicked off this gravy train so if you dare to actually have them do their jobs, you’ll most likely lose yours.

This is the perfect place if you are planning on being an entry level or part time employee and want a job where you can get paid to do nothing or thrive on instigating dramatics for your own self importance. The current field leader for this area will give any examiner whatever they want -whether they or good or bad- simply for threatening to call HR even if they have no valid complaint. Seriously- she has no clue what she is doing so you can make a lot of money off of her.

Long story short- if you work hard you’ll be punished. The life insurance industry is not relying on exams as much so this company is going down pretty hard and the panic is unavoidable. I left after another company reached out to me with significantly better opportunities with ease because of how poorly ExamOne operates and how unprofessional my supervisor was. The mass exodus of staff at all levels should be indication that this is not a good place to work but these are some of my specifics.

Advice to Management

Clean house. The field leaders are not doing anything except throwing their branch managers under the bus any time they can. Constant threats, calls and texts all hours of the day and night and false promises are causing you to lose your best people. Terrible for business.

Pay your staff fairly! Examiners up to branch managers make nothing comparatively speaking yet you expect them to give 110% at all times. Quality pay and benefits = quality employees, simple business sense.

"Mixed Bag"

Current Employee - Mobile Examiner in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Mobile Examiner in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at ExamOne part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Paid decently when working health fairs but they only happen a few times per year.

Cons

Use your own car, not reimbursed for gas/parking, wear and tear on your car, lots of driving

Advice to Management

Offer an hourly rate when a person is on the clock, in addition to payment for completing an exam.

"Sales Rep...Great job right out of college"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at ExamOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management, easy sales, flexibility, awesome benefits

Cons

Low salary and commissions, growth and customer satisfaction highly dependent on assigned office and mobile examiners.

8. "Loved working for ExamOne"

I worked at ExamOne (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours you set yourself

Cons

Hours/appointments are not guaranteed.

"ExamOne good only for outside sales experience"

Pros

Flexible hours, car allowance, easy job

Cons

low pay, car will be destroyed, no gas or mileage reimbursement

Advice to Management

Operations is very poor and controls how well the territory will do regardless of sales rep

"Long hours, extensive unpaid traveling, poor customer service representative relations. Lack of knowledge is widespread."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Syracuse, NY

I worked at ExamOne full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You work independently. I have to stop here because that's the only positive that I can think of besides working with nice clients.

Cons

Poor work/life balance. Management is only concerned about getting the work out as opposed to getting the best outcome for the applicant. The pay isn't enough to sustain oneself unless you're independently well off.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horse. You're not that intelligent.