Exertis Reviews | Glassdoor

Exertis Reviews

Updated 30 Sep 2019

3.2
Exertis CEO Paul Bryan (no image)
Paul Bryan
Pros
  • "Very time Flexible and Good pay,(in 4 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Morale is very low and ignored by senior management(in 5 reviews)

• "Half the car parking spaces needed for the staff so you have to walk from down the road rain or shine(in 3 reviews)

"Big is definitely not better!!"

I have been working at Exertis full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good entry point to industry as can build network quickly and learn about industry but knowledge can plateau in 1year

Cons

Size of business makes change slow Each area has own KPIs not working to one common goal No pay reviews for staff No staff development

Advice to Management

Need to develop and invest in staff and conduct pay reviews with clear view on how I individuals can earn and succeed

Exertis2019-10-01
  2. "Decent Company"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Exertis full-time

Pros

Well thought out, good management

Cons

Cafe is dear but good food

Exertis2019-09-01

October 15, 2019Recruitment Resourcer

Thanks for your review. I would agree with your comment about management and also about the great food in the canteen at Burnley! We are very lucky to have the café on-site and in return for the use of the kitchen, the team are able to provide food at reduced prices. However, we do also have the facilities for refrigerating and re-heating food for those who choose to bring their own meals to work.

"Profits first!"

I worked at Exertis full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Loved the people and the offices are modern.

Cons

Absolutely driven to the bottom line. Talk about themselves as a people business but all they care about is finding new ways to not pay people bonuses.

Advice to Management

Embrace what Tim is trying to do and actually put people first. The COO is not good for the future of the business.

Exertis2019-09-08
  4. "Overall"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Limerick, Limerick

I worked at Exertis full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very time Flexible and Good pay,

Cons

not very people orientated.not good for advancement

Advice to Management

Be more involved with workers

Exertis2019-09-08
  5. "Exertis"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager

I have been working at Exertis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great way to get into the industry.

Cons

No clear progression path in sales

Exertis2019-08-18

September 19, 2019Recruitment Resourcer

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you have a positive outlook on working at Exertis and hope that we continue to work together for the years to come! However, I do understand your comment on the progression within Sales. Unfortunately, with the many different Sales teams in Exertis, it is difficult to know which path to take and how to get there. I hope that both L&D and Recruitment alongside your manager can assist you in this and get you to where you want to be! Thanks, Susie.

6. "Warehouse operative"

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker

I have been working at Exertis full-time for less than a year

Pros

No targets, no pressure, new warehouse

Cons

Minimum wage, no air conditioner

Exertis2019-08-04

September 19, 2019Recruitment Resourcer

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you feel positively about your role at Exertis. We do appreciate that the warehouse can get very hot, especially in the summer months, so appreciate your hard work during this time! I hope that with your positive outlook we will be able to develop you further into a senior position within the team. Thanks, Susie.

"Out of date management style, admin heavy, no leadership. No drive or staff motivation"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Stoke-on-Trent, England

I worked at Exertis full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Used to be a good place to work, had a nice family run business feel to the organisation, outgrew the experience and expertise of the people running it eventually,

Cons

Literally to many to mention

Advice to Management

During my time at Exertis I must of wasted my time filling out pointless feedback forms on how to make the company a better working environment- an idea would be to maybe listen to your staff !! S&W BU needs a serious overhaul !!

Exertis2019-08-15

September 19, 2019Recruitment Resourcer

Thank you for taking the time to tell us your thoughts about working for Exertis. Without specifics it is difficult for me to comment on the negative way that you feel about the working environment. However, we do work hard to improve the way our colleagues feel about working with us by taking feedback from the employee engagement surveys on board - for example, changing the working hours to make the work-life balance a little easier for parents - and so I apologise that you did not see any of these changes in your time with us. It does look as though you have moved onto another company now and so I would like to take this opportunity to wish you the best in the future.

8. "A rapidly growing organisation with great opportunities"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Stoke-on-Trent, England

I have been working at Exertis full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Exertis is a fantastic organisation to work for. There are lots of opportunities to grow within the business, as I have experienced myself during my time here. Exertis truly allows you to carve your own success within the channel as you're surrounded by industry experts who can help you with personal growth. As an employee, you have access to a fantastic pension and health scheme, a dedicated learning and... development team, health and wellbeing service, and management who actively listen, and take on board changes which you feel will be beneficial to the on-going success of the business. Staff are friendly, knowledgable and keen to push the business forward.

Cons

More focus and identity needs to be given to areas of the Exertis business. As a whole, the organisation is well known within the IT channel, but I believe more work needs to be done to bring specialist divisions to the forefront.

Advice to Management

Hold regular feedback sessions per site to understand how the 'people on the ground' feel that changes to the business could be beneficial for the future.

Exertis2019-06-22

September 19, 2019Recruitment Resourcer

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on working at Exertis - we really appreciate the positive review! I would agree with all of the points that you have made and you'll be glad to hear that we are now introducing a new survey that teams can fill out anonymously each week that we hope will help us to get a true reflection of how all of our colleagues feel! Best wishes, Susie.

9. "Excellent for part-time work, especially for students"

I worked at Exertis part-time

Pros

Time flies, not too strenuous and variable times in finishing work which aids motivation. Managers are easy to talk to/

Cons

None that I can think of.

Exertis2019-06-19

July 25, 2019Recruitment Resourcer

Thank you for your positive review. We are pleased that your time at Exertis was enjoyable and hope that you will come back to join us again soon!

10. "Great company to start off in.."

Former Employee - Assistant Buyer

I worked at Exertis full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some great managers Good support network Close knit team Lovely, modern offices with healthcare cash plan Good training prospects Management slowly taking advice on board

Cons

Lack of flexibility Ridiculously low basic salary Pay rise / promotion unheard of

Exertis2019-06-08

July 25, 2019Recruitment Resourcer

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are pleased that you have brought up the fantastic atmosphere in the offices as well as some of our benefits. However, we're sorry that you felt that the salary was not sufficient and that the progression opportunities were not available. With our award winning Learning & Development Team we hope to allow employees to take control of their learning options in order to increase their chances of promotion and regular one-to-ones with team managers are a great forum for voicing future ambitions as well as discussing how best to achieve these.

Found 73 reviews