FNZ Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
FNZ Group CEO Adrian Durham
Adrian Durham

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There are great opportunities for hard working, driven people to get noticed and get on (in 11 reviews)

• There are some great people here but not much else (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work / life balance is an enter so struggle (in 6 reviews)

• There is no training plan, no objectives set and absolutely no incentive plan in place (they'll lie about this during the recruitment (in 8 reviews)

"Approach with caution"

Current Employee - Investment Officer in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Investment Officer in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at FNZ full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's quite laid back, the people are sound and dress code is casual

Cons

Too many to mention. Clients are lied to, "Graduates" are over worked and exceptionally underpaid. There is no foresight or planning. Our team, basically, fight fires on a daily basis - the only solution seems to be find a bigger hose to put out the next fire, not how can we avoid the fire starting in the first place. Most managers do not have a clue what they are doing and fob off most work to the team - this falls under their false belief of what delegation is.

Advice to Management

The majority (there is the odd exception) of the management team need to be sent on basic communication, motivation and leadership courses - and I mean basic. A good morning or how is your day going would be a starting point.

"no"

Former Employee - Lead Developer in Brno (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Lead Developer in Brno (Czech Republic)

I worked at FNZ full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good to see the technical side of the finance platforms. Challenging projects both in terms of development and management. Friendly colleagues (non-manager roles)

Cons

It feels like there is way too much dishonesty and downright lies coming from the middle/top management which often prevent you from doing your job right. It does not seem that important that the products actually work as long as someone is willing to pay for them.

Advice to Management

You should make it more clear that your own people and clients are of more value to you than the money from possible future contracts.

"My dream job"

Current Employee - Lead Analyst in Brno (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Lead Analyst in Brno (Czech Republic)

I have been working at FNZ full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I work at FNZ for 7 years now, because I believe I found my dream job. This is not only about the job but about the company as a whole. People are what makes a company, and the people at FNZ are really great. The company culture is amazing, very different than anything experienced before. To summarise in few main points:
    - Great people;
    - Complex, challenging job which is ever changing, improving and never gets you bored or a know-it-all;
    - Amazing location in the centre of the Silicon Valley of Europe.

Cons

Working in a fast-paced IT company has its disadvantages. The work never ends or slows down. There's always a lot to do, but that's what keeps us going.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

4. "Brno location"

Former Employee - Test Analyst in Brno (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Test Analyst in Brno (Czech Republic)

I worked at FNZ full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fine product
    Abroad business trips

Cons

More employees than chairs
    Lot of employees didn't get their own PC to work on

"Prepare for a rollercoaster ride"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wellington (New Zealand)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wellington (New Zealand)

I worked at FNZ full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Multicultural and great hard working team dynamic

Cons

A company that knows how to use and abuse graduates on minimum salary. Bleed them dry and spit them out like they never existed on the other end. Please consider working for this company very carefully and go in with your eyes wide open.

"AVOID AT ALL COSTS"

Former Employee - Distributions Officer in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Distributions Officer in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I worked at FNZ full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees in non-management positions were nice. As was the free cereal in the kitchen. I wish there were more pros but that’s about as far as it goes sadly.

Cons

- For a company which makes itself out to be cutting edge and leading the way for platform technology, all of the back office activity its COMPLETELY manual. You are printing computer screenshots off, to write on them, and then rescan them back onto the computer. Or you are manually keying in information from a printed spreadsheet. Utterly ridiculous and tedious monkey work. I felt like my brain was turning to scrambled egg. I wouldn’t wish such awful, mind-numbing work on my worst enemy. Truly soul destroying.
    - Constant promises of promotions, bonuses, etc. all never fulfilled. Impossible to make a career there unless you somehow wriggle your way into a management position. Of which most of the management are absolutely clueless, manipulative megalomaniacs. They even cancelled a Christmas party once because they have so little respect and consideration for their staff.
    - They are slowly moving staff away from the UK to Brno so that it’s cheaper for the tedious, manual work to be completed. Why they can’t invest in their staff or technology is beyond me.
    - Look at all the fake 5* star reviews posted on here by management. That tells you all you need to know about this company! Management even openly joke at the office about posting these pathetic reviews. How embarrassing.

Advice to Management

Grow up. Your reputation in the industry it’s horrific, and it’s never going to be recovered by posting fake 5* reviews on Glassdoor. Take some ownership of your failings, invest in your employees and technology, and you will reap the rewards.

"Good startup on the fall"

Former Employee - Test Manager in Brno (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Test Manager in Brno (Czech Republic)

I worked at FNZ full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people - meaning colleagues that haven't left yet
    The actual work/product can interesting

Cons

Employees are frequently leaving.
    No bonuses.
    Very delivery driven - impossible deadlines with not enough resources which result in daily overtime demands
    The actual work is interesting - however people are no longer given time to give it a proper time to improve / innovate / care about it more than just one another escalated issue

Advice to Management

Start treating your employees better - care more work your employees work/life balance

"Disgusting"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I worked at FNZ full-time

Pros

Some analysts are genuine good people (but for that reason they are treated like garbage)

Cons

***ABSOLUTELY AVOID THIS PLACE***
    (No matter your background, don't believe the fake reviews)

- CEO is a real nut case, he shouts and swears in front of everybody in the office, his rants are appalling and not even legal in a workplace.
    Never seen anything like this in 15 years of my work career

- Middle management treats most senior analysts like slaves who treat junior member of staff likewise. They don't give a damn on how staff feel, expect to be insulted on the daily.

- Expect to work 80/100 hours a week, many people had serious illness (physical and psycological) because of too much work (no overtime paid of course); if you don't you follow this direction you won't last long.

- You won't find ONE person leaving the company enriched by the experience. Don't believe the fake good reviews, too many people now know they are planted trying to recover the poor reputation of the organisation

Advice to Management

My will is to give no advice, management will never change as this is direction from mad case CEO down to management until junior analists.

"FNZ Wellington"

I have been working at FNZ full-time

Pros

Good to gain experience
    People are helpful and kind
    Culture club hosts a lot of social events

Cons

Expects employees to work overtime to meet unrealistic deadlines
    No pay rise

Advice to Management

Proper planning and management of projects in terms of resources/timelines is missing.

"A shambles of an operation"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I worked at FNZ full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The younger staff are actually quite fun and IT are nice guys.

Cons

Where to start?

- Middle management and senior management care about nothing themselves - a total dicatatorship

- The way the company lies to its clients abut what it will achieve for them is almost embarrasing as promises are never delivered. FNZ is a bubble that will soon burst.

- There is no long-term career option, chances of promotion are nil.

- The wrap platform itself is absolutely riddled with bugs and issues which are plastered over to make promises to clients and then left unfixed which leads to major problems weeks/months later

- There is zero employee benefits and the pension contribution is almost non-existant.

- Training is a slideshow which lasts an hour or two.

- HR and Senior Management stoop so low so as to post those BLATENTLY fake 5 star reviews on this website. Isn't that just laughable?

__________________________________

PLEASE LISTEN TO ALL THE OTHER REVIEWS ON THIS SITE - I HAVE NEVER HEARD ANYONE LEAVE FNZ WITH A HAPPY EXPERIENCE. THE PAY MIGHT BE SLIGHTLY MORE BUT IT RESULTS IN A HUGELY UNHAPPY OFFICE AND NO BENEFITS. Think about it!

The bubble will burst soon and when it does it won't be pretty.

Advice to Management

Please have a think about what kind of people you are. Reading these reviews about your company it must be obvious what your current and former colleagues think about you. Ask yourself something? Are you happy that your job is based on a culture of telling lies to clients and staff? Do you actually care that nearly everyone within the company neither respects you nor likes you or is money more important?