Feditc LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Best Job I Ever Had!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL

I have been working at Feditc LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Our Program Manager is hands off until I have an issue then he flies in and resolves it. The CEO knows my name and says to call him with any issue...try that in a big company. I negotiated a very good salary within the Profession Level for my position (PL-4). The benefits are comparable to what I had at General Dynamics and Northrop Grumman. The San Antonio HR is very responsive, the reimbursement group turn my expense reports around in less than a day. FEDITC is an excellent company that I would recommend to a friend.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say.

Advice to Management

Increase the amount you reimburse to maintain professional certifications.

"Excellent Company!"

Former Employee - Contracts Support Administrator in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Contracts Support Administrator in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Feditc LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was only with FEDITC for a short period of time, but in those short moments, working with the company was a great experience for me. I really felt that my salary and medical insurance was fair and at a descent amount too. I never had any problems trying to reach someone from human resources as everyone was exceptionally wonderful to me. My reason for leaving the company is because I moved to a city where FEDITC is not contracted out yet. I do hope the company wins a bid out here soon!

Cons

I have no cons to report about FEDITC.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work!

3. "Transition"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, IL

I have been working at Feditc LLC full-time

Pros

Growing company. They are moving from a smaller community to a corporate environment. I used to be able to get my PM on the phone quite often. Customer requirements were clear. Benefits are basic/decent for a single employee.

Cons

Salary tends to be below industry standard. Lots of turnover because of that. The new culture is a little cold.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like people not commodities.

5. "Contracting Support"

Former Employee - Contracting Support in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Contracting Support in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Feditc LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is an excellent Company to work for and the management truly cares for its employees. My program manager was the best. I would definitely return to work for this company with an off-site position with a different customer at a different off-site location.

Cons

Unfortunately, this position was contracted to provide contracting support. Since it was contracted, the company was severely limited on how much relief they could provide the employee in support to off-site employees. This issue was why I left the company's employ. I was unhappy working with the customer at the off-site location and I left the company for this reason, not due to any issues with the company directly.

Advice to Management

During the review of the Statement of Work, ensure that the tasks required of the employee is more specifically described. Do not agree to the statement "duties as required". This tends to allow the contract to drift off-scope with only limited recourse.

6. "Plenty of time to work on professional development"

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Feditc LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Workload on the contract was generally light allowing time to work on other projects of school studies. Tasks were fully documented providing for reference if needed. There were not many questions about what to do or how it needed to be done.

Cons

Few people to cover 24/7 operations with only a single person per shift. Subcontractor serves as supervisor and is frequently away on time off or training. Skill sets of staff is minimal. PTO accrual appeared to be nonexistent. Office was very small and cramped along with poor air quality and unsanitary conditions. PM changed, but was not informed by management.

Advice to Management

Communicate more frequently with employees.

"Signs of trouble from the start."

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Feditc LLC full-time

Pros

The salary was fair and the client's office where I worked was professional, convenient and friendly. I worked alongside other employees who were driven, honest and had a can-do spirit. There was a strong desire to succeed and learn from each other.

Cons

I had high hopes for this job, but there were troubling signs from the start that I chose to ignore and just roll with. Benefits were below standards for this area. Disorganization was rampant during on-boarding. Your ability to scrounge and willingness to buy necessities on your own will help you succeed. The Project Manager I had was undisciplined with a bad work-ethic. For 6 months, I usually met with him in person every two weeks, and for no more than a few minutes with practically zero communication between visits (emails were more likely to go unanswered than receive a response). No one at corporate seemed to be monitoring or cared.

Advice to Management

To senior management: Let staff on the client site know who you are and have an open door. Management tends to protect management, but also know that middle management can be the most abusive in remote client situations.If you are getting your information from only one source, you aren't well informed.

"Good company culture, excellent President and enjoyable to work for."

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Scott AFB, IL
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Scott AFB, IL

I worked at Feditc LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The President of the company is an exceptional person to work for. The benefits are better then most companies of this size.

Cons

Due to contracts being in different locations then the main office, it can get lonely at a site without a visit from time to time. However, this is normal with smaller DoD Contracts.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, I enjoyed my time with your company.

9. "Working as a consultant elsewhere. The review includes my stay offsite."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Pros

Friendly staff. Available when called.

Cons

Once the project began, I was pretty much left alone for nearly a year before hearing from my employer.

"Very Negotiable Salary but you will pay a lot of money for Medical and Dental for the family"

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Rockville, MD

Pros

You can negotiate a high salary. Yep...keep going. I started out with a mid 60's salary and ended up with 75k. Use the medical and dental excuse to bump up their wage. Heck..you could use just about any excuse to bump up the salary.

Cons

Medical and Dental for the family is the highest I have seen. I was paying upwards to $400 twice a month and that was for a 3500 deductible that had to be met before any co-pays would kick in. That is if the service rendered was not a co-insurance which was 20%.

Advice to Management

If an employee becomes displaced...find them another contract. Don't just drop them.

11. "Good Company"

I have been working at Feditc LLC full-time

Pros

Very friendly corporate environment. Good co-workers.

Cons

Benefits for families could be much better for contractors, but that seems like an industry wide thing, not necessarily FEDITC's fault.