FindLaw Reviews | Glassdoor

FindLaw Reviews

Updated Oct 30, 2019

FindLaw CEO James C. Smith (no image)
James C. Smith
Pros
  • "They have the flexibility of being able to work from home 3/5 days a week(in 36 reviews)

• "Work-life balance is understood here - workload ebbs and flows, but I have never been too overwhelmed or had to work any extensive overtime(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper Management is completely out of touch not only with basic leadership skills, but also with innovation(in 10 reviews)

• "they are selling 10 year old digital marketing tactics(in 7 reviews)

1. "Very happy here."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Eagan, MN

I have been working at FindLaw full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, decent salary with good opportunities for incentives and quarterly bonuses if you work for it. AM's who are on track with goals have the flexibility to WFH 4 days a week. Work-life balance is understood here - workload ebbs and flows, but I have never been too overwhelmed or had to work any extensive overtime.

Cons

You need to commit and apply yourself to be successful in this role. It takes time to learn the job and nuances of strategy, navigating processes, platforms and internal teams. It would be great if more of this "every day" stuff could be covered in training - that said, it's great that mentors are assigned and most leads and co-workers are happy to help.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve the training. Pump the breaks on widespread roll-outs that have not been completely thought through such as new project management programs and platform migrations.

FindLaw2019-06-11

"Not as Good as It Used to Be"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I worked at FindLaw full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Back in the mid-2000s when Findlaw was still that small company within a large corporation (Thomson Reuters), and as a recent college grad, this place was a godsend. I joined the front end development department and after a few changes in managers and team leads, we got to a point where the technology was really cutting edge. I received a lot of support and recognition from higher management. In fact, in those days,... the CEO and VPs were humble and down to earth. The work environment was exciting and I enjoyed being part of the company. Innovation was rewarded. The benefits were great too! I was part of the tail end of TR offering pensions which were discontinued the year I started. They have the flexibility of being able to work from home 3/5 days a week. At one point, there was free juice/water. Free fruits every other Thursday, etc.

Cons

I feel like as soon as they started offering the flex schedule of being able to work from home 3/5 days a week, the collaborative culture that used to exist was no more. When they started offshoring work instead of backfilling positions, employees started getting scared and many talents left for greener pasture. Then the team got cut in a half laying off the rest which caused morale to tumble. The issue is that some... of the services FindLaw is/was offering became obsolete because it could be gotten elsewhere for cheaper (websites, SEO services, etc).

FindLaw2019-10-29
  3. "Middle of the road job"

Former Employee - Solution Account Manager in Eagan, MN

I worked at FindLaw full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Work from home 4 days a week - Decent benefits/pay - Huge company with potential to move into new positions - Opportunity to learn solid account management skills

Cons

- Major issues with SEO performance for clients. When asking SEO Specialists for more information on everything we do for our clients on a monthly basis to enhance their performance, I was always given very vague answers and it seemed as though even the specialist could not tell me what they were doing because they didn't know. This led to unhappy clients and lessened retention rates. - The double-side of the coin... to being in a large company is that it takes forever to get answers and make changes. Again leading to unhappy customers and frustrated employees. - Lots of changes taking place seemingly just for the "sake of making changes" with little to no organization and very poor communication from upper management. - Team Leads, who manage the account managers, have very different and inconsistent ways of managing. We were shuffled around many times to different Team Leads and expectations of you changed depending on who your Team Lead was. *Even though there are a handful of cons, I would still recommend this job to someone a few years out of college to help build their resume and learn solid account management skills.

Advice to Management

- Ask yourself if the changes that you're making really make sense. Change is inevitable but it's key to have a well thought out/organized plan and making sure that plan is communicated clearly and effectively to your employees.

FindLaw2019-10-31

"great place if you don't mind selling a bad product"

Former Employee - Senior Client Development Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at FindLaw full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great earning potential, that's all but this needs to be at least 5 words

Cons

they are selling 10 year old digital marketing tactics. your conscience will finally catch up to you and you will no longer be able to see programs that don't work. I actually think their model is high turnover so a new rep can come in to the firms blame you for the company's shortcomings

Advice to Management

stop trying to fit all of your clients into the limited programs you have. learn the latest in digital marketing.

FindLaw2019-10-23
  5. "Lackluster"

Former Employee - Web Content Writer in San Jose, CA

I worked at FindLaw full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ability to work from home. Nice colleagues.

Cons

No career development or business vision.

FindLaw2019-08-30

"Used to have the top talent"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Nolensville, TN

I worked at FindLaw full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The stock program, made great friends

Cons

Upper Management is completely out of touch not only with basic leadership skills, but also with innovation.

Advice to Management

It's sad to see such a dynamic sales force and operational team dwindle with such little regard from corporate. My hope is that anyone who is left would take some tips from the book "Extreme Ownership," and be brave enough to either challenge the corporate culture or like many, leave and use your skills where they are celebrated. - What you tolerate, you authorize to exist.

FindLaw2019-09-07
  7. "Used to be a great place to work"

Current Employee - Content Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at FindLaw full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good work/life balance, some great, dedicated people.

Cons

TR consistently pays below market and never recognizes individual achievement with cash, only with platitudes.

Advice to Management

Walk the walk. You say that your employees are your most valuable asset strength. Act like it.

FindLaw2019-06-25

"Say No To FindLaw"

I have been working at FindLaw full-time

Pros

There are some good people working at FindLaw to commiserate with. Pay is ok and the benefits are good. Working from home is a nice perk.

Cons

FindLaw puts out a poor product. The company is about 10 years behind on digital marketing trends and cannot adapt quickly because of its size. Clients are rightfully dissatisfied and employee moral is poor. All this leads to talented employees leaving and the company elevating people who don't deserve promotions. The same people who have been making mistakes for years continue to move up the ladder and the... legitimate talent exits.

Advice to Management

Hire from outside the organization. Stop elevating people internally just because they have been at the company for a long time. They are the ones making all the mistakes.

FindLaw2019-05-29
  9. "Highly recommend working here"

Current Employee - Content Marketer in Eagan, MN

I have been working at FindLaw full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, laid back coworkers, working from home privileges/working remotely, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, great HR department, onsite food options as well as nurse, convenient store, bank, yoga studio, arcade and so much more

Cons

I can't think of any.

FindLaw2019-04-29

"Screwing Customers and Staff to Help Shareholders"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Strategist in Eagan, MN

I have been working at FindLaw full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay and benefits are decent.

Cons

Leadership is constantly cutting staff and resources while raising prices on products, so our clients are getting less ROI every year. There's also zero communication, so we have to find out about massive 3,000-person layoffs from the news rather than any announcements.

Advice to Management

Sell FindLaw to someone who actually cares about the customers, staff and marketing. You'll get the fat paycheck that you so clearly desire, and everyone else can get what they need to deliver a good product.

FindLaw2019-05-24