FindLaw Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FindLaw Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at FindLaw.

Interview

I interviewed with my current manager, his manager, and three other co-workers on my team. Each individual interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. Mostly casual back-and-forth conversation with typical interview questions peppered in.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience with writing about laws and lawsuits?   1 Answer

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FindLaw (Eagan, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with two managers for about an hour. They had a list of questions to ask, including questions about my past experience, education, etc.They were very nice to me and they also answered every question I had about the company and the role. I had gone to a couple interviews in other companies, but they way I was treated here made me see that there is something different about the Thomson Reuters culture.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to go to work every day?   1 Answer

CDC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FindLaw (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

2 to 5 interviews. They want to know you are motivated and good at cold Calling. Asked basic questions. Want to know the stages of a sale and close. They like you to know about online-marketing. Knowing a little about the law is a plus.

Interview Questions

• how much have you made at your last career?   1 Answer

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at FindLaw (Eagan, MN).

Interview

Met with the senior manager of the Subscription Services team and we talked about the types of projects that this team handled. We also discussed benefits, and I was told about the hiring freeze that was about to be implemented over the next six months

Interview Questions

• How are you at handling criticism?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was a 6-month hiring freeze right after my interview, but once it was lifted they made an offer. It was $1000 a year less than what I'd made at my previous job, so I negotiated. The best I could get was the same salary, and since I was unemployed at the time (laid off), I took it.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FindLaw in October 2014.

Interview

All interviews were conducted via conference call. First interview will be with a talent aquisition specialist (HR). This is a very low-key and conversational interview to review and confirm qualifications. The second interview tends to be a group interview with current Team Leads and is a more traditional and formal interview. There are 3 parts to this interview: technical skills, customer/client skills, and general work style/culture. There may also be a call-back interview to dig deeper into one or more of these areas. While formal, all interactions are cordial with a comfortable atmosphere on the conference calls.

Interview Questions

• A call back interview where a skills demonstration was required with no advance preparation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wage expectations are part of the initial application process and will be confirmed during your initial interview. Be sure to set realistic expectations that you will be happy with as your offer will be based on this information.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FindLaw.

Interview

2 in person that are very typical interviews. Company is losing people like crazy so I'm sure it's easy to get hired right now. Competitive market so you need to be a true hunter to succeed

Digital Marketer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FindLaw in June 2014.

Interview

Answering pre-selected questions on SEO via email. Phone interview with recruiter. If you pass this stage, you'll have an interview with the SEO team leads. The team leads have succeeded because they've learned the "process of SEO in the working environment" at FindLaw.com, not because they're successful SEO professionals.

Interview Questions

• None. If you need the job, answer the questions as if you are process driven over progress driven. After searching "findlaw.com reviews" you'll see their "questionable" SEO strategies. They're behind the cue ball in the online marketing space and after speaking to their "SEO Team Leads" will be there until they can be more agile and progressive in their online marketing strategy.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at FindLaw (Eagan, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

unprofessionally done - too many people interviewing me - canned questions - too worried about asking the wrong thing to really get at the heart of the individual. Honestly - I was bored with the process. I had hoped that this technology based company would have more inspiring leadership - which was not the case when I interviewed with them. Overall company is impressive - but under the hood it seemed like amateurs were running the show.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult or tough workplace situation...   Answer Question

kind of got a bad vibe from the people I interviewed with, and the pay was not competitive at all. Decent perks - but the sum the total compensation package does not make up for a low-ball salary offer.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FindLaw (Eagan, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me about the opportunity and set up the interview.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter just went through a checklist with me over the phone. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FindLaw in July 2013.

Interview

5 rounds of interviews between recruiters and department managers

Interview Questions

• How do you go about creating a digital marketing strategy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were firm. They did not budge at all.