KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

First Tek, Inc. Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2022

Found 192 of over 215 reviews

4.7
First Tek, Inc. President & CEO Kumar Bhavanasi (no image)
Kumar Bhavanasi

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Good training

Feb 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really good training in technical recruiting and awesome clients

Cons

Nothing so far that I’ve seen

2. 5.0

My experience after 3 years with the company

Sep 29, 2021 - Programmer Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

After three years at FT10, I have a different perspective on what it’s like working here than I did when I first started out. At first, all I noticed was my paycheck and how much fun the work was. But now I see all the little things that make it a truly wonderful company. Things like: - how much management cares about getting employee feedback and using that to improve operations - the endless opportunities for growth (and not just vertically, but horizontally as well) - the consistency and regularity with which employee reviews are conducted - how easy it is to work with everyone else in the office - how well the company handled the COVID pandemic

Cons

I also have a different perspective on the downsides to working here. Mostly, how I’ve realized that most of the things I would have seen as cons when I first started, I now see as issues that can be solved almost entirely through work ethic and attitude. It’s amazing just how many problems disappear when you work harder and have a better attitude at work.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Plenty of support from everyone in the office

Aug 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The support is one thing that they get right here. Although it’s high intensity, everyone pitches in and does what they can to help each other out. At other companies I have worked for, my coworkers would leave me hanging and that made it beyond difficult to get anything of significance accomplished. Not here. They don’t just move on from you when you are struggling. At first, I wasn’t hitting my goals and I was worried that I’d get fired. Instead, they put more focus on me to help me learn what I needed to do my best. It shouldn’t come as any surprise based on everything else I just mentioned, but they really push an open-door policy here. Any questions or concerns we have are addressed right away. It’s a supportive, considerate, and all-around wonderful environment to work in.

Cons

Anything I could have ever added to this section has been addressed by management over the years. They’re great about hearing us out and implementing changes, so I can’t think of a single thing to put into this section that’s still relevant.

Continue reading
  4. 5.0

My Review

Dec 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I read about a million different mixed reviews before I started working here at First Tek. Everything from “Run away as fast as you can” to “This is the BEST place ever… seriously” to the point where I really had no idea what to expect on my first day with the company. Well I don’t want to do that to other people who are reading these trying to get a sense of what the company is all about and whether or not they’re going to like it here. As you can see I’m giving the company 5 stars, but not because I think it’s “the BEST place ever” or that there’s absolutely nothing wrong with it and anyone who says so is lying, but because I think it deserves all 5 stars from a rational, reasonable perspective. I’ve been working for more than half of my life at this point. I’ve seen everything: the good, the bad, and the truly ugly. Some days it feels like I’ve worked for just about every company under the sun in about as many different industries so I know a thing or two about what actually makes a truly awful company, and conversely, a truly exceptional company. First Tek is neither. But it does deserve 5 stars because it’s not doing a bad job. I doubt anyone would try to say it’s their dream job or dream company, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a good place to work. They pay people what they’re worth. There’s a high degree of job security. They make it a point to always promote from within, and the management team is a good group of people who more than deserve the power they’ve been given and wield it to the benefit of everyone. There’s not a lot of companies out there like that and I personally don’t think it’s fair to compare it to companies like Google or Facebook. If you wanted to work in those environments, then you should have tried harder in school and made yourself a better candidate. You can’t expect to work in a Google-like environment if you’re not a Google-level employee. I know that sounds harsh, but I really think some people need to hear it.

Cons

I’ve said my peace and I’ll leave it at that.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The follow through is unbelievable

Sep 14, 2021 - Database Developer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The follow through of every single person who works here is unbelievable. Not only did management follow through on every single promise that was made to me during the interview process within weeks of my being here, but I’ve found that that attitude is copied by every single person I work with. Clearly, leading by example works. Because I’ve never once had a coworker say “I’ll get right on that” or “Give me 10 minutes and I’m all yours” without following through on it. Usually people will make excuses and say they just forgot, but I haven’t experienced that once since I started here and I’m kind of hoping I never do because I don’t miss it at all.

Cons

I honestly can’t think of a single negative experience I’ve had since I was hired on. I can’t imagine it’ll stay that way, but you also can’t fault me for hoping that’s the case.

6. 5.0

Quick and easy onboarding

Dec 8, 2021 - Database Developer in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The interview process took no time at all. From the time I submitted an application to the moment I accepted a position felt like the blink of an eye. Their onboarding and employee training was also quick and easy. They do a good job of getting employees in the door and set up for work.

Cons

The last year has been great, I have no complaints. Just interested to see what the next few years are like.

7. 5.0

Everything is a pro

Jan 16, 2022 - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything about working here is a pro

Cons

There are no cons to working at First Tek

8. 5.0

Only good things to say about First Tek

Oct 26, 2021 - Systems Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have nothing but good things to say about this company. They’re doing a great job and even though we’re not curing cancer, I still feel fulfilled in my work and know that it’s contributing to creating something larger that genuinely helps people.

Cons

If I was the type of person to complain, I’d have the balls to do it face to face and not over the internet like a coward.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good balance between work and personal life

Oct 19, 2021 - Programmer Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s easy to find a good balance between work and your personal life, especially because nobody expects you to work more than your fair share. 40 hours is the cap per week and 8 is the cap per day. No one works overtime and no one has to pull anyone else’s weight.

Cons

You’re not going to become a millionaire, but at least you’ll have time to enjoy your life with the money you do make.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Outstanding!

Jun 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

More a review of Kumar than anything else… but I’ve got to say that Kumar is an inspiration to every single one of us. Not only is he incredibly business-minded and very savvy, he’s also just a genuine soul who truly cares about the people who work for him. I’ve been with the company for 4 years and I can’t imagine the company without him at the helm. If the company were a ship and he was the captain, I’d happily go on even the craziest, most death-defying adventures with him because I just trust his leadership and decision-making abilities that much. He makes this company what it is and I’m honored to be working for such a man as him.

Cons

Zero. I love everything about working here.

Continue reading
Viewing 1 - 10 of 192 Reviews

First Tek, Inc. Reviews FAQs

First Tek, Inc. has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 215 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at First Tek, Inc. to a friend and 95% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, First Tek, Inc. employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at First Tek, Inc.. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

96% of First Tek, Inc. employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated First Tek, Inc. 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at First Tek, Inc. to be culture, management, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, benefits.