Firstsource Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Firstsource Solutions CEO & Managing Director Rajesh Subramaniam
Rajesh Subramaniam

Pros
  • Good work environment, and good team spirit (in 37 reviews)

• Firstsource builds a great work culture for the employees, work life balance is good which encourages employees to give their best (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Once you've passed the "academy" phase you're encouraged to try and not ask for help when needed from team leaders/supervisors (in 15 reviews)

• No work life balance because of the split shift from so many months now (in 8 reviews)

"Good first job"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Firstsource Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

customer service experience
    Depending on the contract, there is the ability to learn more about insurance coverage.
    Good place to start out with little to no former work experience

Cons

Most of the managers aren't focused on helping out their CSRs - there were only 1 or 2 supervisors that were genuinely helpful.

Firstsource Solutions Response

Feb 8, 2017 – Digital Marketing Manager

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear that you have experienced the some of the positive attributes that our company has to offer. We encourage our ... More

2. "Claims Examiner/Auditor/Trainer"

I worked at Firstsource Solutions full-time

Pros

- Flexible work schedule is the primary benefit. And just recently added more remote work from jobs.
    - Ability to work on holidays to receive holiday pay & claim pay
    - Sometimes offer overtime. Usually mandatory OT, but occasional optional OT

Cons

- No room for advancement
    - High turnover
    - Many moths thru out the year of no work, or low work volumes.
    - Inconsisent pay check. You never really know how much check will be each pay period due to inconsistent work volume.
    - Low matrix pay, sometimes hard audit results that effect your pay scale.
    - Poor management and they do not want to hear about your changes or suggestions for improvement.
    -ALL locations suffer from favoritism. You will only be prompted if you are liked within management. So means you must kiss butt to move up. It does not go by your education level or skill level. Even if you have a college degree. They don't care.

"Sinking company with bad morale"

Current Employee - Support Specialist in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Firstsource Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like what I'm trained to do, and that's about all I can say about Pros

Cons

Everything. Favoritism is a big issue, and is why I'll eventually leave.
    Management is promoted based on favoritism. Crap really does float to the top.
    Work place has went from business casual with proud employees, to a true pajama wearing ghetto just like someone else mentioned in another review.
    Company and management will work you to death .. and then replace you.
    Absolutely no loyalty anymore. Nor pride in a job well done or advancements in the company.
    It's hard to get assistance when your manager is outside smoking with friends.

Only decent reviews come from India or the Philippines, Company is based in India and is routing call center jobs to the Philippines, that's why.

Advice to Management

Every team lead, manager, supervisor and director in Corporate needs to be removed. Each and everyone knows exactly what to say and how to blame others for their shortcomings. Just read the reviews and you'll see really what's going on.
    Unfortunately my work place is a law suit waiting to happen. The favoritism and unfair delegation of work load based upon that favoritism will be their down-fall.

"Changes are needed"

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Firstsource Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Close to home
    Nice co-workers
    Interesting job duties

Cons

Management does not lead
    Horrible benefits
    Low pay and even lower raises
    Dirty building/work area
    The company will not spend a dime!

Advice to Management

The Louisville office needs new blood. They can't keep a director because the supervisor's aren't flexible enough to accept new ideas. It's easier for them to hang around outside in the parking lot.

"claims rep"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Firstsource Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

my co workers were the only positive

Cons

This company is the pits. They let me go and now with the revolving door of employees they are doing the lazy hiring process of shotgun Indeed hiring and sending out interest emails to former employees. So I thought "let's see" went in and was told I was "not eligible for rehire at this time". When I told them to quit soliciting me for hire I was told it was up to Indeed and out of their control!!!!!! What a CROCK OF CRAP! Don't do it - sweat shop labor, minimum pay and very poor management.

Advice to Management

Get real you are working in America not India and the reviews from India do not seem to bode well for you either. Your standard response is a joke you have run out of possible employees in Colorado Springs which has a HUGE pool of call center employees! The word about First Source is out and travels fast.

"Good Until Recently"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY

I worked at Firstsource Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent PTO allowance, and sick/personal days.

Cons

Prison like atmosphere and paid by a Matrix System.

Advice to Management

Lighten up, and start treating your employees with respect. You couldn't do what they do!

"A lawsuit waiting to happen"

Former Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Firstsource Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The plants in the atrium and elsewhere are nice. Good benefits. Healthcare experience. I got paid a whole month to sit around and do absolutely nothing (is that really a pro?)

Cons

Poor management, drama and favoritism, immature leaders and managers, a dehumanizing work environment, passive aggressive threats, immature co-workers, I could keep going on and on.... threats to your safety, questionable practices and values, people cheating the system, lying and stealing...

Advice to Management

I was a part of a new project launched by Firstsource in medical billing. I analyzed the accuracy of these records. I can't say its the worse job I've ever had. The paid training was pretty nice. I acquired experience that helped me get a much more desirable job after this one. I appreciate Firstsource for that. Sitting on the floor for a month straight after training, doing nothing at all, and getting paid is not exactly something I can complain about. But is that not strange? Management knows just as little or just as much as the people they train. Eventually, management doesn't even have a clue what is going on. Everyone's hands are up in the air like "i dunno. i dunno!" Managers and upper staff seem to have this attitude of "oh, they'll just get it. Let's just let everything run its course. No expectations whatsoever". This is plainly just insulting to any employee working there. The pay per report model is a disaster and people DID cheat it (and got fired). Training becomes obsolete over time because rules are changing every day. The work environment is like being back in high school or some weird community college. Did I mention that there's favoritism, LOTS of drama, lying and stealing, animosity, threats to safety and others? It's like everything we learned not to do in training is what this job becomes once you're on the floor: a miasma of B.S. and irrelevant bad energy all around. Wasteful practices and non-existent communication. When it gets super windy outside, you may literally fear the possibility of a window falling off the building and falling on you, slicing you right in half (or seriously damaging your car). The vending machines are full of junk food and soda. You sit for like 8 hours all day long. This job may compromise your health in a negative way, whether physically or mentally, later down the road. When your trainer is telling you horror stories about some past employee smearing their feces all over the bathroom, its a RED FLAG. And the red flags will just keep falling and falling. You're just meat in a seat here. Oh, your humanity? What about it? The day I wrapped my head around this job, I just couldn't give a damn about it anymore. This company is a lawsuit waiting to happen and I suggest you steer clear of this organization when it eventually gets what it deserves.

"Make this your last, desperate resort"

Current Employee - Claims Examiner in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Claims Examiner in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Firstsource Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours (best feature)
    Friendly co-workers for the most part
    Location

Cons

Matrix-style job, which would be positive, if it wasn't for the inconsistent work loads and low payout per claim processed.
    Certain supervisors with deplorable people management skills.
    Setting unreasonable expectations of entire teams based on the achievements of 2 or 3 employees.

Advice to Management

The extremely high turnover should be the biggest clue that something is off. Please watch your supervisors closely and monitor their treatment of employees. Make sure goals are set as a per a team average, and not by those whom consistently outperform (who of which should continue to get lauded for).

"Claims Examiner"

I worked at Firstsource Solutions full-time

Pros

Flex time outside of core hours of 10 am to 6 pm - casual dress most days

Cons

Constant changes in procedure, inconsistent communication between management and staff (unwillingness to put expectations and procedure changes in writing), paid piece rate which results in some employees padding their pay. "Pay per performance" means as long as an employee makes within a certain range (lower the better) everything is good, but once you're proficient the matrix will be lowered and your pay is cut.

Advice to Management

Management really doesn't want to hear constructive criticism or make needed changes. Employees are asked to complete surveys but there is never an opportunity to submit comments or explanations, which results in an extremely limited view. The company is a revolving door.

10. "CSR"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

If you can sell you'll be rewarded.

Cons

Promoting telemarketers to management just because they can sell can lead to wrong people making decisions.

Advice to Management

Polish your resumes