Firstsource Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Firstsource Solutions CEO & Managing Director Rajesh Subramaniam
Rajesh Subramaniam

Pros
  • Good work environment, and good team spirit (in 36 reviews)

• Firstsource builds a great work culture for the employees, work life balance is good which encourages employees to give their best (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Once you've passed the "academy" phase you're encouraged to try and not ask for help when needed from team leaders/supervisors (in 15 reviews)

• No work life balance because of the split shift from so many months now (in 8 reviews)

"Good first job"

I worked at Firstsource Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

customer service experience
    Depending on the contract, there is the ability to learn more about insurance coverage.
    Good place to start out with little to no former work experience

Cons

Most of the managers aren't focused on helping out their CSRs - there were only 1 or 2 supervisors that were genuinely helpful.

Firstsource Solutions Response

Feb 8, 2017 – Digital Marketing Manager

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear that you have experienced the some of the positive attributes that our company has to offer. We encourage our ... More

2. "Good Until Recently"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY

I worked at Firstsource Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent PTO allowance, and sick/personal days.

Cons

Prison like atmosphere and paid by a Matrix System.

Advice to Management

Lighten up, and start treating your employees with respect. You couldn't do what they do!

"A lawsuit waiting to happen"

Former Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Firstsource Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The plants in the atrium and elsewhere are nice. Good benefits. Healthcare experience. I got paid a whole month to sit around and do absolutely nothing (is that really a pro?)

Cons

Poor management, drama and favoritism, immature leaders and managers, a dehumanizing work environment, passive aggressive threats, immature co-workers, I could keep going on and on.... threats to your safety, questionable practices and values, people cheating the system, lying and stealing...

Advice to Management

I was a part of a new project launched by Firstsource in medical billing. I analyzed the accuracy of these records. I can't say its the worse job I've ever had. The paid training was pretty nice. I acquired experience that helped me get a much more desirable job after this one. I appreciate Firstsource for that. Sitting on the floor for a month straight after training, doing nothing at all, and getting paid is not exactly something I can complain about. But is that not strange? Management knows just as little or just as much as the people they train. Eventually, management doesn't even have a clue what is going on. Everyone's hands are up in the air like "i dunno. i dunno!" Managers and upper staff seem to have this attitude of "oh, they'll just get it. Let's just let everything run its course. No expectations whatsoever". This is plainly just insulting to any employee working there. The pay per report model is a disaster and people DID cheat it (and got fired). Training becomes obsolete over time because rules are changing every day. The work environment is like being back in high school or some weird community college. Did I mention that there's favoritism, LOTS of drama, lying and stealing, animosity, threats to safety and others? It's like everything we learned not to do in training is what this job becomes once you're on the floor: a miasma of B.S. and irrelevant bad energy all around. Wasteful practices and non-existent communication. When it gets super windy outside, you may literally fear the possibility of a window falling off the building and falling on you, slicing you right in half (or seriously damaging your car). The vending machines are full of junk food and soda. You sit for like 8 hours all day long. This job may compromise your health in a negative way, whether physically or mentally, later down the road. When your trainer is telling you horror stories about some past employee smearing their feces all over the bathroom, its a RED FLAG. And the red flags will just keep falling and falling. You're just meat in a seat here. Oh, your humanity? What about it? The day I wrapped my head around this job, I just couldn't give a damn about it anymore. This company is a lawsuit waiting to happen and I suggest you steer clear of this organization when it eventually gets what it deserves.

"Make this your last, desperate resort"

Current Employee - Claims Examiner in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Claims Examiner in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Firstsource Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours (best feature)
    Friendly co-workers for the most part
    Location

Cons

Matrix-style job, which would be positive, if it wasn't for the inconsistent work loads and low payout per claim processed.
    Certain supervisors with deplorable people management skills.
    Setting unreasonable expectations of entire teams based on the achievements of 2 or 3 employees.

Advice to Management

The extremely high turnover should be the biggest clue that something is off. Please watch your supervisors closely and monitor their treatment of employees. Make sure goals are set as a per a team average, and not by those whom consistently outperform (who of which should continue to get lauded for).

6. "Claims Examiner"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

I worked at Firstsource Solutions full-time

Pros

Flex time outside of core hours of 10 am to 6 pm - casual dress most days

Cons

Constant changes in procedure, inconsistent communication between management and staff (unwillingness to put expectations and procedure changes in writing), paid piece rate which results in some employees padding their pay. "Pay per performance" means as long as an employee makes within a certain range (lower the better) everything is good, but once you're proficient the matrix will be lowered and your pay is cut.

Advice to Management

Management really doesn't want to hear constructive criticism or make needed changes. Employees are asked to complete surveys but there is never an opportunity to submit comments or explanations, which results in an extremely limited view. The company is a revolving door.

"Its not just management its the ownership thats the issue!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Manitou Springs, El Paso, CO

I worked at Firstsource Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot about the health care industry. Good retirement plan.

Cons

Absolutely worked in prison like environment- rows so close together you could not even back up your chair - surely a fire code violation. The metrics are nearly impossible to meet and for paltry pay! The management is only doing what the COMPANY - Indian owned - wants them to do. Its as close to a sweat shop in America they can create.

Advice to Management

ACT like you have employees not sweat shop labor in America and don't apply India's poor management and workers ethics be part of your business anywhere.

"Former data entry clerk"

Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Kingston, NY
    Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Kingston, NY

I worked at Firstsource Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very nice coworkers, mostly. Now I just need a few more words to make the minimum of twenty words. There.

Cons

EVERYTHING..my reward for almost 8 years of service? Fired. THIS COMPANY SUCKS! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! The director is clueless, the Matrix is STILL not working, and alot of good employees lost their jobs. Very dehumanizing and degrading.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Matrix, and get rid of useless director, supervisor and manager (too many chiefs).

9. "CSR"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

If you can sell you'll be rewarded.

Cons

Promoting telemarketers to management just because they can sell can lead to wrong people making decisions.

Advice to Management

Polish your resumes

"Avoid"

Former Employee - Student Loan Collector in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Student Loan Collector in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Firstsource Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty decent base pay, no weekends, somewhat lenient attendance policy, generally very easy work to get done, occasional food trucks or other lunch options

Cons

Absolutely horrendous management, took away ability to make your own schedule after many people started the job needing that flexibility, policies constantly changing that make no sense, no opportunity for bonus or other pay increase, takes a year to get any vacation time, fired several people for no good reason.

Advice to Management

Replace yourselves. The management here is most of the problem. Can't believe half the decisions they make and easy to see why so many people are leaving. The pay does not make up for the decisions of management.

"Would give it half a star if it were possible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Firstsource Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job will definitely give you call center experience which is a plus.

Cons

So many cons. All but maybe two of the supervisors sit around and get paid to do nothing except micromanage and braid hair (literally, watched a supervisor braid another supervisor's hair while there were tons of hands up in the air waiting to have questions answered). The HR department is a joke. She is literally there to appease upper management. No support for agents. Pay doesn't compensate for the work done.

Advice to Management

No advise, their obviously getting away with the lack of professionalism and getting paid to do it, so keep doing what you're doing because it's working out well for you, obviously.