KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

1. 5.0

Great Company, Great Team

Aug 3, 2021 - Accountant in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good mentorship Small company Good company culture 401k 15 days paid time off Room for growth

Cons

Can be clique-ish Temp to hire process was lengthy

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Too good of a job market to work here

May 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Nice co-workers and smaller company.

Cons

I agree with the other reviewer - they are forcing people to go back in the office, which is silly for many of the positions that exist at the company. It is not true that it is optional. They pay far below average, and are now taking away one of the very few benefits of working there. They used to give bonuses but took them away and said we were lucky to have jobs while receiving PPP money from the government in one of the nation's hottest markets. It's just a churn shop and there is no real culture to speak of. They are terribly old-fashioned in their way of thinking, and that won't change any time soon.

HR Director

Thank you for sharing your opinions. It is disappointing that a long-term employee has such a negative perception of the company. We strive to have open communication and share information with our employees about the challenges facing our company in the Florida homeowner insurance market. We use compensation data to price our jobs appropriately relative to the market and consider our benefits package as part of the overall compensation. As with any organization, decisions are made based on many factors which are not always evident to all our employees. Constructive criticism is welcomed by our leadership along with ideas to improve.

3. 3.0

A Fair and Honest Review

Apr 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great Health Insurance - 401k (Vanguard) - Discounts for Employees on certain items upon signing up on a discount site for employees - Teaches a lot about Home Insurance (HO3), Condo Insurance (HO6), Renter's Insurance (HO4) - Sessions about Mortgages, Identity Theft, Credit Card Fraud, Insurance Fraud, being a first time homeowner, etc. - Sessions on UW claims - Many activities for different charities - Many activities for different holidays - HR team / Receptionist team helps out a lot when various issues arise - Expresso machines and Coffee machines - Marketing team and their contribution towards charities - Welcome lunch for new comers (I don't know if every team in the company does this) - Celebrations for special occasions (I don't know if every team in the company does this)

Cons

- Depending on what team you apply for and who your reporting supervisor is in this company, it can either work with you or against you, much like a double edge sword. - Low salary, not super low, but low enough to be below average salary. This is good if you're living by yourself or if you're dependent on someone else for paying the bills. Not if you're solely supporting a household of 4-5 people. - Gossip, but that's most workplaces. - Female engineers beware: if you are young, well-accomplished, and is fresh out of college from a B.S. or a M.S. in a computer related or technical field, be prepared for a lot of misogyny, vindication and exclusion from the group. Especially from higher ups in a male dominated field and/or cliques in the workplace departments pertaining to those fields (male or female). - If you recommend a position to someone, despite friendship/relationship with the person because you know their work ethic and are a good fit for the job and not because of relations to said person, do not be surprised if that person gets a position that they never applied for because of politics. - If things go south between the person that you recommended and their supervisor, be prepared for the negative repercussions on the person as well as yourself.

HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a comprehensive review for us. Your comments, concerns, and advice is noted. Should you wish to delve further into some of the items in a more specific and constructive manner, please contact us directly so appropriate consideration can be given to each point.

4. 1.0
    Current Employee

Not Progressive or Competitive

Mar 24, 2021 - Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Health insurance for the employees is paid for by the company. The company provides free bottled water and many varites of coffee as well as tea to the employees.

Cons

The company fails to evolve. While a majority of organizations embraced the concept of allowing employees to work from home permanently as a result of the COVID outbreak, Florida Peninsula Insurance forced employees to return working in their offices without any remote work discussions. The company does not allow employees to carry over any PTO time to the following year.

HR Director

We appreciate your comments and opinions and will take this into consideration. We believe that our culture best serves our customers when our team members have the opportunity to collaborate in person. The company has made significant investments to mitigate risks to those employees working in the office and we continue to follow all CDC and OSHA guidelines. FPI has not forced employees to return to work from the office, but we will continue to encourage people to return on a rotational basis. We also encourage everyone to get vaccinated while continuing to have a rotation into the office for the next several months. Currently, approximately 25% of our team members are work remotely on a permanent basis based on their job responsibilities.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Positive experience working at FPI

Feb 9, 2021 - HRIS Administrator in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for FPI for 3 years now and I enjoy my time here. It's a company that is very pro-employee. Every month there are activities or themes to give employees time to take their mind of their day to day tasks.

Cons

Don't really have any cons that come to mind.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Lucky to Work at this Company

Feb 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Florida Peninsula is such a great company to work for. They are so caring and understanding of all their employees. They offer such great benefits and the people are amazing and keep work fun! I also love the family feel it provides, it is the best company I have worked for!

Cons

I really can't think of any

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Excellent Company

Feb 9, 2021 - Marketing Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company treats their employees like family. Benefits are excellent and most are offered at the company's expense. Management has an open door policy.

Cons

Communication between departments is a struggle at times.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee

Last place you should ever work.

Jan 28, 2021 - Associate in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I would say nothing at all, whole environment was extremely unhealthy, it is probably same still.

Cons

Most departments in this company are nightmares, there is no job security and continous torture by managers will eventually effect your health and confidence.

HR Director

We are sorry that you had a negative experience at Florida Peninsula. We work to build a workplace that people enjoy. The average employee tenure is 6 years with very low turnover in the last 2 years. We have been lucky to retain our entire workforce during the COVID19 pandemic, allowing our people to work remotely whenever possible. As an organization, we embrace diversity and inclusion and respect all employee's choice of days off to observe the holidays most important to them. We wish you the best as you continue in your future career.

9. 1.0

Underpaid, undervalued, and overworked

Jan 24, 2021 - Marketing in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the employees are a pleasure to work with if you're lucky to be on the same team as them.

Cons

Extremely low pay, they'll sell you with the great insurance plan but that's about it. Departments don't work together. Management is a complete joke. The marketing department is a revolving door, you'll always hear stories (good and bad) of people who "used to work here" before you and in a matter if time you'll realize exactly why they left. All they do is sit around all day in their aisle and gossip about everyone whether they still work here or not. There is NO growth opportunities available at this company, don't be fooled.

HR Director

We are sorry that you had a negative experience during your time at FPI. Our company is working to make this an engaging workplace and provide career opportunities to our employees. We are proud that our average tenure is 6 years and that in the last 2 years we have actively promoted from within as our employees have become more skilled and experienced. Our success is attributed to the commitment of our employees and their desire to grow with the company. We wish you the best as you continue your career.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee

Needs better management

Jan 11, 2021 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Workload is manageable and my co workers were the best part of my day. Everyone besides management was really kind and supportive when I needed help.

Cons

Management is too strict. They audit all calls every day and we’re always meeting to discuss our audits. They also deduct points during our audits for every little thing. It became overwhelming and frustrating dealing with what felt like micromanagement. I ultimately left for a more comfortable environment where I didn’t have to worry about my job or advanced opportunities based on every little error in every call. Ex. You get an uncooperative customer that is not satisfied with the results provided and becomes “too argumentative”. You fail the call for not properly controlling it?!?! 😩

HR Director

We are sorry to hear you feel this way. Ultimately a positive customer experience is our goal and we do expect our CSRs to approach each interaction with empathy. We wish you the best as you continue your career in your new role.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews