Freeman Reviews

Updated May 28, 2020

3.4
Freeman CEO Bob Priest-Heck
Bob Priest-Heck
Pros
  • "Great benefits, if you get in at the right level you have opportunity(in 22 reviews)

• "You get to work for a great company with good benefits(in 21 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Awesome culture!"

I have been working at Freeman full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Freeman is a family - its owners and its employees. Sure , times are tough right now but they are tough for everyone. Management has been great in terms of communicating the truth, the facts, and the solutions to address COVID-19. The company remains financially strong because the family and the leaders have been conservative with cash and investments. Freeman will come out of COVID stronger than before.

Cons

Its hard seeing so many colleagues furloughed but the company is fighting hard to bring them back.

Freeman2020-05-25
  2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Freeman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, flexible work schedules, great leaders

Cons

None I can think of.

Freeman2020-05-15

"Great Company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Floor Plan Designer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Freeman full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great opportunity for growth, growth paths are clear, family orientated, flexible work environment

Cons

Some areas can be like a sweat shop and understaffed

Freeman2020-05-28

"In Serious Financial Trouble"

2.0
    Current Employee - Leader in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Freeman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Talent levels in leadership (my dept) was excellent - primarily due to recent outside hires. Most were willing to coach, mentor and support their team members and routinely invested in them. The organization has recently committed serious money to transforming their archaic systems and business processes, which also has contributed to the improved talent levels. This new infusion of external talent was (is) driving much needed process discipline and maturity, leading to and achieving needed agility and growth. All was looking up! Then, COVID-19 hit and Freeman has experienced massive revenue losses, resulting in extreme levels of employee furloughs (rumored to be 85-90%). Freeman IS their people. Talent is leaving in droves and fears of bankruptcy or sale to an outside entity looms heavy on remaining employees.

Cons

Massive employee furloughs (rumored to be 85-90%) due to COVID-19 has depleted the once thriving organization of its talent. Their people is what made Freeman what it has been for 93 years! Revenue losses due to almost ALL planned shows cancelling through Spring of 2021 (they did not have/require cancellation insurance) has put the company in financial disarray. As an employee, this means continued pay reductions, no bonuses and no new project work for the foreseeable future - estimated for 18-24 months, or until the events industry improves from COVID-19. Freeman is a target for sale, bankruptcy or PE takeover. Truly sad for this once thriving, family-owned company.

Freeman2020-05-22

Freeman Response

May 28, 2020Director - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing this feedback. The impacts of the shutdown cannot be overstated. Our world is certainly feeling the strain of the pandemic, and Freeman is no exception. As we navigate the impact COVID-19 has had on our people, industry, and the world, our values remain the same, and we continue to put our people and customers first in every decision we make. While decisions like furloughs have been very difficult to make, they have been necessary to help Freeman navigate these uncertain times. While we have a long road ahead, we are confident Freeman will emerge from the pandemic better because of the strength of our people. If you have ideas, concerns, or questions, please reach out to your leader or our Human Resources Department.

"Too much work, not enough talent"

Current Employee - Client Solutions Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Freeman full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Community/ Family feeling 401k, bonus eligible Challenging projects Travel Eligible

Cons

Understaffed Too much work for those that are competent Micromanaging leadership Favoritism and nepotism

Freeman2020-05-20
  6. "No training but was a good place to work"

Former Employee - Freeman in Chicago, IL

I worked at Freeman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work schedule & good executive leadership, they were always transparent with us

Cons

No training, boss was pretty removed & not available, long days/ hours, lots of travel for certain positions

Freeman2020-05-18
  7. "Old Company trying to modernize"

2.0
    Former Employee - Vice President

I worked at Freeman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company thinks in large time horizons and is starting to make the decisions and changes needed for it to survive.

Cons

So much infrastructure and internally processes are awful and just aren't improved. Mediocre people stay in the roles for a long time and it spreads everywhere.

Freeman2020-04-27

"Great company, truly cares for their employees."

Former Employee - Senior Art Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at Freeman full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Family owned, largest company in events industry.

Cons

Company going through changes and I feel like they sometimes act too quickly, without thinking of everything first.

Freeman2020-04-02
  9. "Low pay ,Terrible benefits ,Bad management."

1.0
    Current Employee - Graphics

I have been working at Freeman full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have a short commute

Cons

Low pay ,To many managers ,The benefits Are terrible.It is no longer an employee owned company.No bonuses. 1 manager for every 2.5 people,Its ridiculous.Its a horrible company.

Freeman2020-05-03
  10. "Global Organization"

4.0
    Former Employee - FREIGHT COORDINATOR

I worked at Freeman full-time

Pros

Great benefits and nice people

Cons

Long hours for most employees, poor work/life balance

Freeman2020-03-26