Front Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2020

4.7
Front Co-Founder and CEO Mathilde Collin
Mathilde Collin
Pros
  • "Low ego" is the value that I like most about Front(in 12 reviews)

• "But I've been consistently floored by the efforts across the board to make this a fantastic place to work that lives up to the company values(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance is hard as there is so much to do, but everyone is all hands on deck to make the company succeed(in 4 reviews)

• "There's a lot of work to be done - but overall, when you love what you're doing, the people, and the product, it's not so bad :)(in 3 reviews)

"Can't see myself ever leaving - this place is truly special!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Front full-time for less than a year

Pros

Front is a place where you will work with hard-working, kind, and truly incredible humans. The product is also a complete game changer (and it's amazing that we get to use it each and every day!) I feel incredibly supported and challenged every day - I genuinely look forward to coming to work!

Continue reading

"Talented & smart colleagues. Burnout culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Front full-time

Pros

- Surrounded by talented, smart & incredible peers - Very collaborative work culture

Cons

- Burnout is real. There is no work/life balance. The CEO and leadership expects everyone to work 60+ hours per week. Many days, employees were in the office from 7am - 9:30pm. - Leadership also surrounds themselves with "yes" men and women. A lot of the leaders are "first-timers" which isn't necessarily a con, but it's clear that there isn't much direction in the company's growth. There's a lot of erratic decision making made by the leaders here. - The company has great values and mission but leadership lacks transparency in what is truly prioritized. Their bottom-line & results come first, mission/"happy" culture comes second. - Favoritism runs rampant here

"Grateful to be a part of a truly amazing place!"

Current Employee - Recruiting in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Front full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ refreshing environment + great business outlook + peers who continuously support and empower you on your role + you can make a huge impact

Cons

work you do here is very challenging yet very rewarding. There's a lot of work to be done and people put in the hours here to contribute so if you're looking to breeze through your role, this is not the place for you

Continue reading

"Extremely hardworking, talented, and caring employees"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Front full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture especially as the company has grown High quality team Exciting business opportunities ahead

Cons

"Empowering, inclusive, and an amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Front full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at Front has been a privilege and honor. Every single person, opportunity, and challenge have taught me to be a more grateful, more intelligent, and more caring human being. Not only do I get to work on a huge challenge - helping people work happier - but I get to do so surrounded by amazing Fronteers. For what it is worth, working at Front helped me come out by giving me confidence and an incredible support system. As a member of the LGBTQ+ community, I feel safe, supported, and empowered here.

Cons

Building an amazing company, with an amazing product, and equally amazing culture is hard, like, really hard.

6. "Best Company I have ever worked for! (seriously a special place)"

Current Employee - Head of Customer Support in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Front full-time for more than a year

Pros

Truly working happier : ) People here care, collaborate, are transparent, have low ego and are motivated and it starts from the top.

Cons

Growing pains that come with growing quickly. Which is actually a great problem to have!

Continue reading
  7. "You'll be empowered to make a lasting impact"

5.0

I have been working at Front full-time

Pros

- Culture is one-of-a-kind and a lot of it has to do with individuals living up and practicing our values consistently [high-standards, low-ego, care, collaboration and transparency] - Perfect place to build - if you're a fan of being able to build a solution to existing challenges, it's the place for you. See a gap? Identify it, propose a solution and build it. You've now made a significant impact at Front. - Product - start a trial, it's truly amazing. One of the best collaboration tools out there.

Cons

- very fast-paced and it's sometimes tough to keep up - lots of challenges - might not be enough time to do everything you want to do - very high standards and it's expected out of everyone - might not be for everyone

8. "Best Place To Work...No Really It Is"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Front full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Amazing culture, everyone here WANTS to be here and come into work with great attitudes -Management has your best interest in mind, from the CEO to Sales Manager level -Salary and benefits are comparable to all other public/big companies in the bay area -The trajectory of the company is great, although growing quick it is not losing its core values and qualities that made me want to work here

Cons

- no necessarily a con, but wish we had lunch provided 5 days a week, currently only m/w/f -Office is getting a bit tight as we are scaling, feel like we are going to run out of room soon, hopefully this means new office soon :)

9. "Work happier!"

Current Employee - Product Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Front full-time for more than a year

Pros

- 1) Challenges! It is SO exciting to work on improving a product such as Front, that is very powerful and complex. - 2) Management. I feel like my happiness is a priority for my manager. You're asked about what drives you, and you receive support to help you grow. I feel like I have an impact and I am continually asked about how I feel. - 3) Culture. Each of us embody Front values, and Front values are always at the center of everything we do (Front values are: High-standards, Care, Collaboration, Transparency, Low-ego). For example, at the end of our weekly all-hands, a Fronteer nominates themself as Stumble of the week, to share about a mistake they made and the learnings they got out of it (a #low-ego demonstration, that benefits everyone). People here are hard-workers and friendly individuals who care about one another. I'll add that Front values also deeply resonate with me personally.

Cons

To me there are no cons. Obviously, I'd say if you don't share Front values, you won't be happy at Front.

10. "Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Front full-time for more than a year

Pros

- High standards across the board - People deeply care about each other here - Solid vision

Cons

Lots of problems to solve and not enough time or resources to solve them :)

Found 93 reviews