Found 2,448 of over 3K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people are great and wonderful" (in 93 reviews)
- "Great benefits working in the hotel industry and you get to meet a lot of people from all over the world" (in 85 reviews)
- "The staff is friendly and the guests are usually great" (in 49 reviews)
- "Great coworkers and a fun team environment." (in 43 reviews)
- "Friendly work environment and get to work with friendly people." (in 36 reviews)
- "The pay is low and the company gave minimal hours." (in 195 reviews)
- "The management is horrible as this company was a franchise and not a corporate hotel." (in 133 reviews)
- "Long hours as any hospitality job" (in 57 reviews)
- "No managers know how to 'manage' right" (in 40 reviews)
- "The management company is horrible." (in 28 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Hampton Inn by Hilton and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 30, 2023Night Auditor/Front Desk AgentCurrent EmployeeFrederick, MD
Everyone works well to make sure next shift is fully set up. it's nice. plus they allow people to grow in their positons.
when groups with kids come they don't watch their kids
- 4.0Nov 24, 2023Retail MerchandiserFormer Employee
Values family and understanding if emergency come up Decent insurance available Works with scheduling
Very demanding physically. Sometimes guest leave disgusting mess and no tip. Working with mostly women, often unnecessary drama.
- 2.0Nov 2, 2023FDA (Front Desk Auxiliary)Former Employee, less than 1 yearTukwila, WA
Previous boss was great, mostly great coworkers, and mostly great upper management.
Everything, no breaks, understaffed (claimed to be on a budget), very high turnover rate, no benefits, no vacation, didn't last long working there, entitled guests who lie about employees being rude.
- 3.0Aug 16, 2023Front Desk AgentCurrent EmployeeJasper, IN
The job itself isn’t hard, and in terms of pay it’s alright for what you do. It would be a good job for someone in college needing time to do homework, or someone older just looking for an easy job. Management is nice and tend to care about your needs.
The pay is alright for what you do, BUT it’s not good in terms of the schedule. Be prepared to pretty much never get a weekend off, you will probably be called in more than you would like, and 3-11 schedule does get old pretty fast when you realize you just don’t have time for anything. The only real incentive to stay is the employee discount, which is good, but that’s not really saying much. You could get that at any hotel brand. Also, housekeeping is pretty much just high school drama 24/7. However since this is about the front desk it’s not a big deal, just gets old fast.
- 3.0Nov 24, 2023Front Desk SupervisorCurrent EmployeeWest Palm Beach, FL
Team environment is great when everyone does their fair share.
No work/home life balance if you have or plan to have children.
- 4.0Nov 6, 2023Front Desk ReceptionistCurrent Employee
Relaxed and comfortable workplace. Most people are usually more nice/relaxed on vacations so there have been lest customer horror stories than other places I’ve done customer service.
They pay everyone the absolute minimum they can. The company overall seems very interested in earning as much as possible without looking for ways to put money back in the business.
Hampton Inn by Hilton Reviews FAQs
Hampton Inn by Hilton has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 2,513 reviews left anonymously by employees. 53% of employees would recommend working at Hampton Inn by Hilton to a friend and 43% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
53% of Hampton Inn by Hilton employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Hampton Inn by Hilton 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.