Hanger Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Hanger President & CEO Vinit K. Asar
Vinit K. Asar

Pros
  • good benefits, lots of mobility (in 12 reviews)

• There are some really good people to work with which makes a difference (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no training for Office Administrators (in 5 reviews)

• Upper management sucks at their jobs (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Company - Great Leaders"

Current Employee - Not Applicable in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Not Applicable in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hanger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

not micro managed
    great culture
    beautiful facility

Cons

low turn over for advancement

Advice to Management

Allow internal candidates to advance w/ on the job cross training.

"Clinician"

Current Employee - Clinician in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Clinician in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Hanger full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Coworkers and patients. Hands down. A great field.

Cons

Pay your people! Young clinicians leave immediately to work for competition and be paid appropriately. Invest in your staff, reward the ones that are good. This doesn't happen. No raises for anyone company wide For over a year now. 401ks match will now be annual and depend on how "we did that year" this is pathetic. Clinical decisions are taking from the hands of the practitioners and put into non clinical hands to be decided. The patient is considered last.

Advice to Management

You continually lost good employees and allow absolute disasters to continue working. The good folks that are left are so burned out they are interviewing elsewhere, quit, or just sad and defeated. Oas are leaving left and right. The acm was fired.
    Transparency. Closing office doors and not telling people what is going. Clarity. Your employees think you are pocketing the extra money by not hiring replacements, combining rolls, and not paying people well. No one knows what is truly going on and everyone feels very under appreciated.

"IT Manager"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hanger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

True belief in the Hanger vision - Empowering Human Potential Together. Each of us feel that we contribute in some way to the patient care!

Cons

Balancing priorities within multiple business units is probably my only "con" The turnover has subsided and there really isn't anything else that I could list as a con!

Advice to Management

Stay put! Hanger is great with the senior leadership we have now! Keep up the great work! We appreciate you!

"A joke at best. Poor pay, poor benefits, poor leadership."

Former Employee - O&P in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - O&P in Houston, TX

Pros

You get to help patients.

Cons

Where do I start. My Boss is a greedy, selfish, arrogant, narcissist. He hands himself large bonuses, when and if we actually get any, RARE, and gives the other 10 practitioners the crumbs. Has the SEC finished its investigation into the false and late reporting? The stock plummets and we catch the "crap" for it. It's not our fault the leadership ran the co, into the ground. Poor benefits, no advancement unless you have friends in high places, poor pay-esp. if your a female. OMG, The boss and I had lunch, he told me how much the women are underpaid. He all but laughed that every dollar he saves by not increasing their salaries can go into bonus increases, etc. Its a feather in his cap. Talked to one of the technicians, he is almost paid as much as the female practitioners with years of service. Like the other reviewer said, end of month everyone loses their minds. Sell, Sell, Sell. Sounds like "Cramer" on mad money. If you see a pos. review, assume the boss wrote it.

Advice to Management

Pay your people, Pay your WOMEN, Fix the benefits, stop the SEC crap.

"Crisis in Leadership"

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hanger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Serving prosthetic and orthopedic patients

Cons

No defined career path for employees, silo'd leadership, zero accountability as leadership blames ex-employees for systemic problems, vendors get blamed when projects miss the mark, execs are more worried about perception instead of profitability, corporate culture = monthly pizza party

Advice to Management

you can't blame everything on ex-employees take accountability and fix what is not working instead of ignoring it

"Great Product but Tone & Management Issues"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Hanger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, location, and amazing product.

Cons

tone at the top, culture, red tape, inconsistent procedures. Contributions of employees are not valued or recognized.

Advice to Management

Mission and values of Hanger should match actions of those in charge. Value contributions of employees.

"Good to great - story in the making"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hanger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What we do for our customers is amazing. Clinicians can operate a clinic;small or large and have the backing of a corporation that is serious about doing the right thing. Pay is competitive. Most small clinics can't offer the same level of benefits, vacation, 401(k), bonus. Lots of research and forward thinking going into making the clinics top notch.

Cons

Rough couple of years no thanks to past leadership. We are currently paying for the sins of the past. Systems are catching up to where they should be to support this size of company. RVPs don't seem to be on the same page or operate at the same level.

Advice to Management

Keep on the path to clinical excellence. Keep focusing on the pay conundrum. Get those new systems in place to make the clinic jobs easier. Get some rest and forge on!

"Sales Sales Sales"

Current Employee - Technician in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Technician in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hanger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working directly with patients to see the results of your interactions. Watching the patients reactions when they receive a device that changes their life.

Cons

The benefit package could use an overhaul. Long hours of work followed by more hours of paperwork. Management always pushing for more sales. The last week of each month we are pressured to come up with sales numbers that may not be obtainable.

Advice to Management

Find a way to reduce the amount of paperwork. I'm sure that there are technical solutions available somewhere.

"Master Data Analyst"

Current Employee - Master Data Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Master Data Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hanger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best boss I've ever had. No micromanagement, belief and commitment to employees in the Data Governance department. Excellent opportunities for learning and growth. Co-workers are all team players and enjoy our jobs as well as our abilities to work with each other.

Cons

Took a long time to convert from contractors to employees. Lots of last minute tasks for quarter ends but are committed to finding solutions to issues.

Advice to Management

Invest in converting more contractors to employees and hurry it up or we are going to lose some great folks!

11. "Current CPO"

Current Employee - CPO in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - CPO in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hanger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong focus on education, many different career paths available, availability of clinical specialists, focus on new and emerging technology, patient focused services

Cons

Month to month, quarter to quarter and year end pushing. Profit driven business model

Advice to Management

Be more open to suggestions from lower level employees, we are the front line. Keep up the out reach work, it was great to meet with Sam Liang when he visited NoCal.