Hanger Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Hanger President & CEO Vinit K. Asar
Vinit K. Asar

Pros
  • good benefits, lots of mobility (in 11 reviews)

• Efficiently ran, good benefits, top in O&P devices (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no training for Office Administrators (in 5 reviews)

• Training is very poor, and it causes high turnover in the admin staff (in 4 reviews)

1. "Office administrator"

I have been working at Hanger full-time

Pros

Friendly environment but some people are not pleaseant at all

Cons

Doing work of 2 to 3 employees and not getting noticed for it

2. "Good to great - story in the making"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hanger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What we do for our customers is amazing. Clinicians can operate a clinic;small or large and have the backing of a corporation that is serious about doing the right thing. Pay is competitive. Most small clinics can't offer the same level of benefits, vacation, 401(k), bonus. Lots of research and forward thinking going into making the clinics top notch.

Cons

Rough couple of years no thanks to past leadership. We are currently paying for the sins of the past. Systems are catching up to where they should be to support this size of company. RVPs don't seem to be on the same page or operate at the same level.

Advice to Management

Keep on the path to clinical excellence. Keep focusing on the pay conundrum. Get those new systems in place to make the clinic jobs easier. Get some rest and forge on!

"Sales Sales Sales"

Current Employee - Technician in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Technician in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hanger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working directly with patients to see the results of your interactions. Watching the patients reactions when they receive a device that changes their life.

Cons

The benefit package could use an overhaul. Long hours of work followed by more hours of paperwork. Management always pushing for more sales. The last week of each month we are pressured to come up with sales numbers that may not be obtainable.

Advice to Management

Find a way to reduce the amount of paperwork. I'm sure that there are technical solutions available somewhere.

"Director"

I have been working at Hanger full-time

Pros

Clinical staff, field management team, sales and marketing team, operations support, benefits and training, compliance, revenue cycle management, IT support, clinical operations

Cons

Senior management disconnect and lack of forthrightness

"Master Data Analyst"

Current Employee - Master Data Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Master Data Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hanger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best boss I've ever had. No micromanagement, belief and commitment to employees in the Data Governance department. Excellent opportunities for learning and growth. Co-workers are all team players and enjoy our jobs as well as our abilities to work with each other.

Cons

Took a long time to convert from contractors to employees. Lots of last minute tasks for quarter ends but are committed to finding solutions to issues.

Advice to Management

Invest in converting more contractors to employees and hurry it up or we are going to lose some great folks!

7. "Very Poor Corporate Culture and Leadership"

I worked at Hanger full-time

Pros

Products and services are wonderful

Cons

Corporate culture and leadership style is based on fear and intimidation. Turnover is atrocious.

Advice to Management

Stop patting each other on the back and rewarding poor leadership. Give the good, talented, and loyal people you hire room to tell you the truth without fear of reprisal. Stop blaming attrition on the people leaving. They are not the issue. They leave because of the leadership not because of the work.

8. "Confidential"

I have been working at Hanger full-time

Pros

great pay, good mid level management, business is based on changing lives

Cons

long hours, unrealistic goals and deadlines, turnover, lack in communication across the board, low moral, favoritism

9. "Positive Corporate Reviews are DISHONEST"

I worked at Hanger full-time

Pros

The mission and work done in the clinics for patients and their families is truly inspiring and amazing. I have nothing but admiration for the work done by those NOT in the corporate executive office.

Cons

With minor exception, the current leadership is being controlled by narcissistic, "I know the best route" because it costs money officers. Harsh, unrelenting with lies and mis-statements and when you choose to stand up for yourself, it threatens them. Sad, sad department as they run great employees into the ground.

Advice to Management

STOP accusing the Old Leadership and remember - many of you were in the same discussions and made decisions TOGETHER. If there is anything left of the company when you all are done, let someone who really cares about culture, employees, and future good take the helm.

10. "Current CPO"

Current Employee - CPO in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - CPO in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hanger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong focus on education, many different career paths available, availability of clinical specialists, focus on new and emerging technology, patient focused services

Cons

Month to month, quarter to quarter and year end pushing. Profit driven business model

Advice to Management

Be more open to suggestions from lower level employees, we are the front line. Keep up the out reach work, it was great to meet with Sam Liang when he visited NoCal.

"Orthotist"

I worked at Hanger full-time

Pros

Many, many processes and rules for compliance. Some very nice people work here. Education and training is good. Work here if the regional manager is a people person.

Cons

Layers of unnecessary management. Money is the conversation all day long. Then during meetings it is all about the patient, if the money is there. Managers are pawns with no authority.

Advice to Management

Get rid of 2 layers of management. Give managers power to do their jobs.