HealthCare Support Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
James Thompson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "HealthCare Support has spent years cultivating a staff full of talented and eager individuals who adhere to a high standard of excellence" (in 10 reviews)

• "Michael Gonzales helped me to have a lifetime opportunity in a great company" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Last minute schedule changes, no work/life balance" (in 3 reviews)

• "There are truly no cons to working at HSS" (in 4 reviews)

"Job seeker"

Current Employee - Medical Receptionist in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Medical Receptionist in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at HealthCare Support full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been looking for a new position for a few months now and Felicia reached out to me and she was so informative and professional. Even though I wasn't qualified for the position she advised me to join your talent network and was very resourceful to continue my search. During this stressful time where I am in-between jobs she truly helped the burden off my shoulders and I was very grateful for her patience and I hope to work with her in the future.

Cons

I was not qualified for the position.

Advice to Management

Your staff is very resourceful and kind. Keep up the good work.

Apr 11, 2018 – Manager of Marketing & Corporate Events

Thank you for the review of Felicia and HealthCare Support. We appreciate your honesty and understanding of the process. While we always do our best to help each of our candidates get the offer, it... More

2. "Recruiting Consultant"

I worked at HealthCare Support full-time

Pros

good co workers and environment

Cons

only focused on numbers

Nov 12, 2018 – Manager of Marketing & Corporate Events

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry recruiting at HSS was not a long term fit for you, but we do hope you enjoyed your time working with us. As you know, the staffing industry is very... More

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Orlando, FL

I worked at HealthCare Support full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Surrounded by great colleagues who are hungry to win
    -Cool company outings

Cons

-Pay
    -Culture
    -Not a stable role (People are fired around you daily)
    -Push for submittals, but have few jobs at times

"Project Coordinator"

I have been working at HealthCare Support full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very hard working recruiter's, follow-up well, match candidate's skills well, decent pay

Cons

I didn't have any down fall's.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work on attracting the right fit!

Apr 4, 2018 – Manager of Marketing & Corporate Events

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We wish you continued success in your position through HealthCare Support.

5. "Health Care"

I have been working at HealthCare Support full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Such an incredible and dedicated staff. Currently woking with Sarah Smith and she has been beyond helpful and responsive. It's a breathe of fresh air compared to previous companies i've worked with in the past. A+ experience thus far.

Cons

No cons at this point.

Apr 9, 2018 – Manager of Marketing & Corporate Events

Thank you for the 5 star review! We agree and we're so happy you've had a wonderful experience working with us so far. Wishing you the best!

6. "Health Care extender"

Current Employee - Health Care Extender/Scribe in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Health Care Extender/Scribe in Dayton, OH

I have been working at HealthCare Support full-time

Pros

They fit me in a position that I can apply my knowledge base and education.

Cons

Same work hours that I am working so touching base gets tricky, not impossible!

Apr 9, 2018 – Manager of Marketing & Corporate Events

Thanks for the feedback and 5 stars! We're glad we were able to find you a perfect fit. Be sure to ask your recruiter to contact you through SMS texts if that would make touching base easier for you.... More

"Msp division employee"

Current Employee - MSP Division Employee in Maitland, FL
    Current Employee - MSP Division Employee in Maitland, FL

I have been working at HealthCare Support full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing company events (lots of free booze), ability to gain a staffing foundation, and you get a free car! Gain at least 1 year of experience and run out of here to a real company.

Cons

Tim Ulmer, Exe Director of MSP, is the worst thing that has happened to HSS. Beware and be very carful if you work under him. He doesn’t know what he is doing or anything about staffing, or how to run a division. He is closed to any advice from senior employees, and will throw you to the wolves but pretend to your face he is helping you. He will even throw fellow directors under the bus to make himself look like he knows what he is doing. The division is doing great without any contribution from him and he likes to take the credit. Unfortunately, he is untouchable because he is a close friend of the CEO.

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Maitland, FL

I worked at HealthCare Support full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment and management is amazing.

Cons

little stressful but management helps you find ways to manage it better

Apr 9, 2018 – Manager of Marketing & Corporate Events

Thanks for the feedback! We agree, recruiting is hard work and we do our best to make the processes as streamlined as possible.

"Account Manager"

I worked at HealthCare Support full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

HealthCare Support has spent years cultivating a staff full of talented and eager individuals who adhere to a high standard of excellence. It's obvious that much time has been spent in establishing the culture there, because everyone quickly becomes friends & a second family to their own. The leadership team, especially the new President James Thompson (and even his predecessor, Jen Soccarras) have led the company in a great direction and their presence kept me at the company during tough times where the actual job wasn't enjoyable for me. There's so much opportunity especially for a budding young professional looking to jump head first into the sales industry. It's also great to work for a 'smaller' company because your voice is actually heard and things can be changed if needed. You aren't just a number like at a big corporation and always at risk of a layoff when numbers are down. They truly work to create a collaborative environment where you can make a ton of money, and love the coworkers you spend your days with.

Cons

Much like any sales role/commission based role, there isn't really a work-life balance, but that's a sacrifice most are willing to make for a fat paycheck and a company car (if you've earned it- but it is easily attainable for almost everyone in a commission based role!). Times are a little tough at the company right now, but they've acknowledged it and are doing literally everything they can to fix it. Most larger corporations would take much longer to recognize an issue and put a plan of action in place- but not HSS. They reassess and reevaluate- and make necessary changes as soon as they are identified.

Honestly, any negative review left on this page (especially those with extremely obvious grammatical errors) should be taken with a grain of salt. Sales isn't for everyone- and sometimes companies and employee personalities don't align- and sometimes people are just plain bad at 'failing' at something.

There could definitely be better benefits there, though. Right now, it's an employees market- not like 10 years ago when it was an employers market. There are so many jobs available currently that companies, like HSS, need to realize that and 'up their game' a bit in what other benefits there are aside from making money. Money is great- but sometimes you don't have full control of your commission check. And if it's low, you need something else to fall back on to make you feel appreciated and properly compensated at your workplace. Whether that's working from home, leaving early on Fridays every week, SOMETHING- there needs to be a few more non-tangibles added to the overall benefits of working there (in my opinion). I think I would've stayed at the company longer if I felt more respected by the Recruiters & more appreciated and supported by management as a whole. But again- those are just two small factors in a larger picture. You'll find 'not feeling appreciated' in most previous employees' feedback from almost any company across the country.

Advice to Management

HSS needs to become more marketable to the potential future employees of the company, and the current ones. Give everyone the ability to provide a good answer to the question, "Why HSS?". When it came to the end of my journey with the company, I had no answer to that question. I couldn't answer the question of why I was staying- I didn't feel like there was anything that benefitted me to stay. I left for another opportunity and, "why ___ xyz company?", you ask? Because they had thorough training, 3 weeks of PTO to start, amazing healthcare coverage, working remotely, and they were gonna pay me a monthly stipend to pay for a car. I was pretty much given no other choice BUT to leave. I will always love HSS and the people there & the opportunities it has provided to me. I hope some things change soon so others don't leave for similar reasons. I'm excited to see the company's future success after the recent changes and I truly wish you all the best! #HSSForever #YesThisIsStephT

"Dedicated to Success"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

I have been working at HealthCare Support full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at HSS for several years and have never worked anywhere with such a great company culture. Coworkers are friends and management truly has your best interest in mind. There is so much training offered that if you don't succeed it's pretty much on you.

Cons

There are a lot of changes in the company as of lately, but I know it's all for the best. Without change there cannot be progress and growth. Sometimes it's uncomfortable, but I know we need to trust the process.

Advice to Management

It's evident you have HSS' best interest in mind and with that all of the employees who depend on it for their livelihood.