HealthTrio Reviews | Glassdoor

"Interesting Dynamics."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at HealthTrio full-time

Pros

Generally good people work for the company, but many operate in fear - wait to be told what to do instead of taking initiative and speaking up for what they believe in. Casual and laid back environment (which can be a blessing and a curse). Monthly Hack Days were the best. Good location in the city.

Cons

There are too many egos and not enough heroes, hence mediocrity is the default of the environment. Very few are about COLLABORATION - they talk the talk but never walk the walk. Office politics are too heavy for it to be a small company. People should focus on building instead of backstabbing. Leadership has potential but seems people have lost ambition, drive, individuality, and support. Seems to be a lot of confusion on the direction of the company; executives/leaders are never all in sync and this shows in day-to-day operations.

Advice to Management

Do better! The biggest component of management is PEOPLE. Know your people and treat them well. Everyone is an INDIVIDUAL human being, NOT A NUMBER or object to cater to your ego.

"Not for engineers"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I worked at HealthTrio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance was good but this usually meant the office was empty and no one did their jobs.

Cons

Legacy, legacy legacy. No motivation to update an aging code base and refactoring was a foreign word. So many home grown solutions for every area of the application. If you're looking to learn industry standards and best practices don't apply here. If you're looking to endlessly patch a pile of spaghetti then go right ahead!

Advice to Management

Get rid of the legacy architect and get back to industry standards. Production issues and slow feature delivery can all be traced to one person.

"Some honesty would be nice"

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at HealthTrio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Close family based work environment and atmosphere.
    Company outings and team building events.
    Career building projects.
    Mentoring relationships.

Cons

Requires people to be flexible and able to adjust to change.
    Company just went under some re-structuring.

Advice to Management

Complete disclosure, I am a current employee who was not asked to write this review. I am writing this review because I am seeing a disturbing amount of highly negative fake review which makes me angry.

While I totally understand the former employees who are bitter and upset by the latest re-structuring to the company, I am not happy with the fake reviews that are complete lies. I just want to set the record straight.

HealthTrio is a great place to work if you enjoy a relaxed and family like work environment. The company just went under re-structuring and to be honest is was way over due. Now that the company has defined better goals and has a clear vision of the future, the future of this company is bright and exciting.

Just some feedback on some of those fake reviews:
    1. "Cloak and Dagger tactics" - Stop being paranoid about a company you no longer work for.
    2. "Management does not have a plan." - Software development is not a cookie cutter industry, it is a art form and sometime you make mistakes. Management is learning from the mistakes and is getting better.
    3. "It is a sinking ship." - Yes, there was a re-structuring and some re-alignment was needed. The company is currently refilling those positions.
    4. "Damaged My Career" - No one forced you to work here and you could have left at anytime.
    5. "HellTrio" - If you really thought it was that bad, then I am glad you are in a better place.

To whomever is posting those fake reviews, please stop being bitter and move on. No point dwelling in the past. Your future is what you make it!

Best Wishes,
    - A real employee.

"Sinking Ship"

Current Employee - Scrum Master in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Scrum Master in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at HealthTrio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They took over a defunct insurance office and the furniture they left behind is fairly decent. They have free water in cooler dispensers.

Cons

This is a shell company. None of the pro-ported new software actually works or exists. The best people have jumped or joined the "the garage" to work on none H30 stuff. Jump, run, but skip this loser

Advice to Management

What management? These are just empty suits

"Great place for self-starters"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at HealthTrio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HealthTrio is a company in the midst of reinventing itself. They have a very long history of success in developing healthcare systems. They also have a lot of exciting ideas on how to leverage many of the recent advancements in technology to better serve that market.

Like any company with large scale systems and a mission critical B2B product, there are growing pains involved in pivoting to exciting new opportunities. This is apparent in the polarizing reviews your seeing.

HealthTrio is a great place for the right kind of person. People who want to find solutions, and drive change, tend to excel here. Those looking for very clear detailed directives and protocols would do better in a larger company.

Pros:
    -Amazing People
    -Casual environment
    -Great tech stack
    -Work/life balance
    -Opportunity to make a difference
    -Hack days

Cons

-New initiatives take time to settle in
    -Large demand to support existing products slows development of new products
    -Health insurance is good, but premiums are high

Advice to Management

The growth pace of the company is strong, but more can be achieved if the strategy is more clearly defined.

"Chaos"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at HealthTrio full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some reviews here say this is a fun place to work, that is partially true. I have been here many years and worked on a few projects. We had fun working on new technology like React. We used to create new cool things all the time and had fun doing it.

Cons

Big layoff of an entire team without notice. Nobody knows what is happening. No communication from the top about company goals or direction. I don't know if I will have a job in a month.

Advice to Management

Quit. You have turned a fun and prosperous company with a great future into a graveyard. You should never have merged with Monument Systems. They brought us down.

"Absolutely Horrible"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at HealthTrio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The concept of the hack day is pretty forward thing, one of the few good ideas at this place.

Cons

WARNING: DO NOT GO TO WORK HERE, YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY!

HealthTrio == HellTrio == Oh Hell NO!

I have worked in IT for numerous companies across the U.S and I have NEVER seen such a dysfunctional mess as this place. It is absolutely HORRIBLE.

Do NOT believe the favorable reviews that are trying to be portrayed in some of the last 2 months reviews as these are lies from forced reviews perpetrated by management that try and put on a good "face" on a really ugly situation.

Medical benefits are really, really expensive.

There are a handful of decent people there, but anyone with any real skill has pretty much vacated this place as fast as they could.

The architectural direction will be to bury any new ideas in favor of a customized hack-job that will be poor in design, horrible to maintain and create an instant legacy implementation in it's place.

Working here is like trying to pet a rattlesnake... a poor idea at any time.

Advice to Management

Get a huge vacuum and suck the worthless management out of this place and start over fresh, it is the only way this company will ever find its way -- TOXIC.

"Summer Intern"

Former Employee - Product Marketing Intern in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Product Marketing Intern in San Mateo, CA

I worked at HealthTrio (Less than a year)

Pros

People are very co-ordial
    Management is very efficient

Cons

Less exposure
    Conversion to full time is not too high

"Confusing environment, cloak-and-dagger demeanors"

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I worked at HealthTrio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Healthtrio has a lot of friendly, agreeable people working there.

They offer decent benefits, and it seems like for insiders job security is strong.

Cons

The work can be tedious in the extreme, and you may not end up doing the work you signed up for (I was hired as a developer but never got to write a single line of code).

The healthcare information systems industry seems very collusive and entirely parasitic on the actual healthcare industry. There's a feeling of arbitrariness and entrenchment rather than competitive necessity.

Pay is not great.

Advice to Management

Introduce a proper training program, quit it with the crazy NDAs and weird mystery crap.

"A fun place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at HealthTrio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a great place for interns to get their career started. Many opportunities for interns to learn. Endless free coffee. One hack day per month. Fun people to hang out with. Work life balance is great most people leave work early to go to happy hour. They are building a gaming room so we can play Xbox. The Director holds the record for Mortal Kombat.

Cons

High turnover in all departments. All the Senior Engineers quit so most of the desks are empty and the floor is an empty graveyard. Most of the work is fixing customer reported bugs in ColdFusion. Too many bug tickets to get any fun work done. Hackday is great but it is only one day per month. Cannot innovate because ideas are ignored by management and the architect. The best Java engineers and web devs quit so everyone is lost. We are using a very old technology stack, mostly Cold Fusion. It is very time consuming to fix bugs or add features.

Advice to Management

Figure out why deadlines are never met in any project. Stop ignoring suggestions and ideas.