Healthgrades Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott Booker

Pros
  • work life balance and benefits are big plus (in 14 reviews)

• There are a lot of great people that I work with (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • At times it's hard to find work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• No one was looking to work elsewhere (in 8 reviews)

"Data Engineer"

Current Employee - Data Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Data Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Healthgrades full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good work life balance, possible great place to work with some changes

Cons

Organization is constantly changing... new boss, new team, new corporate goals, new seating monthly at a minimum..... expensive transportation with zero help

Advice to Management

be consistent, reward those who are high performing instead of dragging them along.

"Some nice people, but a challenging business model and sometimes questionable strategy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I have been working at Healthgrades full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company offesrs some really interesting work opportunities. They solve some interesting problems, so you can work on things that really challenge you. The culture is laid back, and they have a new time off policy designed to encourage work-life balance. Campus is nice, and benefits are adequate (but not extraordinary).

Cons

The company was created by a venture capital firm bolting different acquisitions together. It shows, because the major campuses still have different cultures and projects. Silos are definitely a problem. The leadership means well, but a lot of them don't have deep experience in healthcare, and that means that some of our strategies seem like they are out of touch with reality. Our benefit package is acceptable, but raises are few, so it can feel like a treadmill. Hard to see any path to advance within the company, despite high levels of turnover in personnel.

Advice to Management

Spend time cushioning the blow of reorganizations - they create a lot of stress, even when needed. Share leadership more across campuses. Step back from your view as business professionals and listen to the healthcare professionals in your company who are warning you that your strategy just isn't appropriate for healthcare.

"Executive Leaders Need to Listen"

I worked at Healthgrades full-time

Pros

The people are amazing! I feel so honored to have worked with some of the best and brightest people I've ever met. There are also some great leaders who have really really good ideas that you know care about you. I wish these people would be able to do more and get things done. However, they are often stopped by the decision makers-the execs.

Cons

Executive Leadership has changed hands several times and they are not at all on the same page with one another. They're running around with no common goal/strategy which trickles down to all levels. Everyone in the company has a different priority and we are hearing "that's not my job" more and more from our co-workers. As you can see, there are horrible, horrible reviews on here, and leadership chalks it up to "another disgruntled employee". They don't actually listen to what the employees want or need because by in large, they simply don't care. They hired a "Chief People Officer" which is quite comical, being that she doesn't seem to care about anyone but the executives. She's been to Madison several times, and never truly made an effort to get to know anyone. While we're on HR, Recruitment is a joke. We're busting our hinders to get the work done, and it takes 6 months to get someone in the door. I've also referred several people who never hear back and/or get an answer back from their emails and calls. If you're looking for a job here-email the manager. Healthgrades also likes to reward poor performance. I've seen so many truly talented, hard working individuals leave for much better pay and the terrible performers continue to get raises. (Yes, leaders, we all talk about our salaries and are aware of how terrible your recognition/reward structure is). There is also no flexible scheduling. It's time Healthgrades joined the 21st century and offered some flexible options. There are WAY too many leaders and not nearly enough people that do the work. Healthgrades says that there isn't money and so job openings are being cut, yet they can continue to hire VPs and SVPs at what is surely way over what a "worker bee's" salary would be.

Bottom line-if you are a talented, driven and all around good worker, PLEASE reconsider working here. Your talents will dwindle and you'll easily become overworked and underappreciated. If you're not a hard worker, mediocre at your job, then Healthgrades is the place for you!

Advice to Management

Start to actually LISTEN to what your employees want and DO something about the issues that are TRULY important to them. Town Hall meetings aren't really cutting it. Stop chalking these reviews up to another "disgruntled" employee. These reviews are a last-ditch effort for your former employees to ask you to just listen and change things. We still care about our co-workers still working there, and would love to see you change things for them.

Healthgrades Response

Feb 11, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the time you spent in sharing your concerns and input. It is valuable and it is being taken seriously with a number of action items. Last year, we launched an employee engagement ... More

"Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Healthgrades full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment and lots of perks

Cons

Interns treated like cattle.

"Change"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Dedicated, talented staff who are creative, energetic, and able to manage the demands of their respective jobs.

Cons

High turnover has created a vacuum in talent, and is a distraction & impediment to productivity.

Advice to Management

Reduce turnover

"Data Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Healthgrades (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting problems to address. Wonderful DBA team.

Cons

Incredibly high turnover. Even the managers disappeared.

Advice to Management

Take advantage of your employee's skill sets.

"Senior Project Manager"

I worked at Healthgrades full-time

Pros

The client travel keeps things interesting, the benefits are competitive.

Cons

High stress demands, lack of resources, lack of internal culture at some locations, high organizational turnover

Advice to Management

focus on building employee strengths

"Engineer"

Pros

Challenging work, good people and fun from time to time. They are currently experiencing a brain drain, so there are a lot of new opportunities.

Cons

Healthgrades has been floundering for the last few years and you can see it in the growth sheets. When everything was working smooth and the company was growing it was a lot better place. The current leadership team is unproven, and does not seem to know how to get things done.

Advice to Management

Focus on the few people that are left. Follow through on your commitments, and be aware of what is going on.

"Change is settling, time to do great things!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Healthgrades full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There has been a lot of change lately and change can be hard. There are a lot of positives, however, that make this an enjoyable place to work.
    - The CEO is awesome! He is very engaged and down to earth. He has clear opinions on where the company should be going and how we get there. Not to mention he knows how to treat employees and truly believes in a people first culture.
    - The product and engineering teams are working very well together. The company is also doing a good job of aligning the organization on the right priorities and ensuring focus on the right initiatives.
    - The 'Squadification' model was rolled out, creating a mentality of a lot of 'startups' within the organization. This was a recent change and was the right thing to do as it creates a very empowering environment for many of the teams.
    - I LOVE my co-workers! There are a lot of great people that I work with! A lot of smart people that are easy to work with, but also people that I hang out with socially as well.
    - The downtown location always keeps the atmosphere fun and social. Many employees frequently engage in out of work activities together.

Cons

The company needs to keep hiring good people and moving towards sharing the burden of work amongst a larger group of people. There is still too much reliance on the same set of people.

Some of the Squads are getting too much top-down direction and feels too micro-managed at times.

The multiple campuses still need to find a way to work better together.

Advice to Management

I a hopeful the continued change will settle and we can enable the teams to help move this company forward. Let's take some risk and try to hep this company take a big jump to reach it's potential!

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Healthgrades full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Healthgrades is a technology company that focuses on Healthcare. I'm a software engineer, and it's nice that Healthgrades uses newer technology that I get to work with. There always seems to be something new to learn. Healthgrades is certainly not resting on their laurels. With new management (CEO, CIO, VP Data, VP Software Engineering, and more) the company is driving business innovation using technology to create differentiating products. I've been here for less than 1 year and the people and culture are great.

Cons

There is very little to complain about. Over the last few years, Healthgrades reputation has not been overly positive, but with the new management, I believe they are making Healthgrades a great place to work. If you are a software engineer and want to be challenged and is passionate about learning, then this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

I believe Healthgrades is moving in the correct direct, but to get where we need to go, we need to attract and hire more skilled candidates.