Found 2,031 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "For the most part the people here are great and it's very much a family orientated feel" (in 92 reviews)
- "Friendly staff and you will get to try different types of foods and that too for free" (in 86 reviews)
- "great benefits when you were employed with union" (in 45 reviews)
- "You're coworkers and guests are great" (in 32 reviews)
- "Once you get hired one week training is not paid though you had one free meal" (in 20 reviews)
- "Bad management and they cared more about money than employees" (in 128 reviews)
- "low pay for an entry level front desk agent position despite having prior experience" (in 102 reviews)
- "Long hours; expected to pick up additional shifts or stay late without any real acknowledgement or reward for additional work" (in 92 reviews)
- "Low salary compared to the market" (in 48 reviews)
- "At the hotel I worked at, my manager would arrive almost 4 hours late each day and leave right after lunch." (in 29 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Holiday Inn and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 6, 2023Food &Beverage (F&B) ServiceCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearDhaka
An employee may also mention career change as the reason for leaving when they are leaving employment to go back to school for advanced training in a different
A career change is a classic reason for leaving a job, so it's a reason you can easily share during an interview. “Currently, I'm working to take my career in a ...
- 2.0Nov 24, 2023HousekeeperFormer Employee, more than 1 yearCanton, OH
Steady work schedule, sometimes good tips, serves lunch,
You have to work so fast and they always want me to do more than I'm supposed to do. Have to get 18 rooms done 5pm or get wrote up. Usually they give you several more. Superior has favorites that she gives the easiest room's to and she picks someone to dump all the check outs on. Have to pay high union dues, bed bugs
- 5.0Nov 23, 2023Server/WaitressCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearGuildford, England
Really good customers loved the job was sad to leave.
Management made it unbearable to be there so had no choice but to leave.
- 4.0Sep 30, 2023Sales ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearPortland, OR
Great Manager rapport. Excellent prospecting tools and incoming head generation. Amazing sister hotels that you can use your employee discount at like the kimpton
Tech-illiterate staff still using staples and paper. No proper team utilization of 365 Team Tools for proper remote team support, snoody inner office politics with non-remote team members, lack of pride in service excellence, cultural insensitivity with relation to Wedding Planning, lack of brand experience throughout hotel, filthy hotel.
- 4.0Nov 19, 2023ServerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSioux Falls, SD
Awesome place to work for managers are super easy to get along with
Pay isnt that great and benefits are expensive no hsa either
- 2.0Nov 7, 2023Night AuditorCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
Employees are unionised with the CSN, helping to combat the employer's tendency to break Quebec labour laws. Negotiated benefits include healthcare coverage & up to six weeks of vacation (based on seniority). Employee discounts are available globally.
Upper management focusses strongly on cutting costs, to the detriment of product quality, customer service, & guest satisfaction. Certain departments suffer from overbearing middle managers who will happily engage in wage theft to meet draconian budgets.
- 4.0Oct 23, 2023Front Desk ReceptionistFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLakewood, CO
The managers and front desk team were very helpful, punctual and professional.
When having to cover or wait for night shift to come in the person wasn't always the most reliable which could cause you working longer than expected.
Holiday Inn Reviews FAQs
Holiday Inn has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 2,347 reviews left anonymously by employees. 56% of employees would recommend working at Holiday Inn to a friend and 44% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
56% of Holiday Inn employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Holiday Inn 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.