Imagine Learning Reviews

Updated Jun 14, 2020

2.8
Imagine Learning CEO Jeremy Cowdrey (no image)
Jeremy Cowdrey
Pros
Cons
  • "They are growing rapidly and occasionally have some growing pains, but nothing that's affected me personally(in 16 reviews)

• "I wish 401k matching would be better(in 10 reviews)

1. "Great place to work at."

5.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer(Internship) in Provo, UT

I have been working at Imagine Learning part-time for more than a year

Pros

- Very nice environment - People are hard working but also know how to have fun

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like.

February 21, 2020Marketing Content Manager

Thank you for your review. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoy your work and the environment we create for our Imagine Learning employees. We’re happy that you’re a part of our team. Thank you for all you do!

2. COVID-19

"Opportunity to contribute and make a difference"

Current Employee - Product Development in Provo, UT

I have been working at Imagine Learning full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Imagine Learning is a small, mission-driven company with a passion for education and making a difference in the lives of children and the greater community. The small size of the company has made it easy to talk to anyone and share ideas whether it be employees in different departments or the CEO. Originally a company of primarily locally-residing employees plus necessary field employees, the company has expanded its horizons in recent years being willing to hire the right people whether they are local or remote. With that has come a broader skill set and more diverse perspectives. There is still work to do to create a truly diverse and welcoming workplace. Benefits are fair and PTO generous. Increased focus on product and engineering management, user experience, and research is improving quality and productivity.

Cons

A shift to a shared services model under the Weld North Education organization has caused disruption, but also brings the potential for additional resources and is starting to bring a fresh focus on workflow and methodologies. Imagine Learning as a solo company had a fun, family-like atmosphere which may get lost as the organization blends and merges with sister companies. Biannual all-company conferences have been a highlight for community building and knowledge sharing. The next conference will be virtual due to COVID-19 however this may also mark the end of in-person company-wide conferences given the growing size of the organization and the less defined boundaries between who is an Imagine Learning employee vs Weld North Education employee. With more people likely working remote going forward and from different regions, it will be harder to maintain that same feeling of community. Communication challenges abound and seem to be culturally ingrained, though there are renewed attempts to improve processes and some effective changes have been implemented. Communication issues are not due to a shortage of meetings! Time for focused-work is hard to come by and usually is best found unfortunately on the fringes of actual business hours. Product development moves slowly due to limited engineering and UX resources impeding the ability to catch-up and be more forward-thinking.

Continue reading
  3. "Love Imagine Learning!"

Former Employee - Analyst in Provo, UT

I worked at Imagine Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome mission, great benefits, wonderful office culture.

Cons

Sometimes there can be friction between office and field employees.

June 24, 2020Employee Communications Manager

Thank you for your review. We’re glad that you enjoyed your employee experience while working at Imagine Learning and that you viewed our company culture, employee benefits, and especially our mission as pros. Thank you for all you did to help make Imagine Learning a great place to work. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

"Lacking True Direction and Leadership"

Current Employee - Field Employee

I have been working at Imagine Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers and mission, but lost have truly lost their way.

Cons

Management has zero direction. When you fight for your team, you should be seen as an asset, not a trouble-maker who needs to let go. I still have no idea what the vast majority of upper management does.

"Took our eyes off the goal"

2.0
    Current Employee - Field Employee

I have been working at Imagine Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great coworkers who care about each other. Good work life balance with fair PTO and holidays. Products that truly can make a difference for students and educators.

Cons

The leadership has changed and IL lost its vision. It's not about whats best for students or education but what makes us the most money the most quickly. Sales drives all decisions. Hiring has become "appointing" and nepotism is destroying any gains that had been made in diversity, equity and inclusion.

June 22, 2020CEO

We’re pleased that you recognize our great team members, generous PTO and benefits, and most especially that our education programs really make a difference for students. We have definitely gone through a lot of change over the past few years and we appreciate your patience as we’ve adjusted with each acquisition, program release, and leadership change. Even with these changes, we have always been focused on helping educators and students. Granted, all businesses rely on sales to keep afloat but we’re confident that our strength in partnering with educators to help students reach their potential is the differentiator in our success—as it always has. We will continue to hire passionate people and be transparent about business decisions whenever possible. We’re grateful to have you on our team. Thank you for all you do to make Imagine Learning a great place to work!

6. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Customer Care Agent

I have been working at Imagine Learning part-time for less than a year

Pros

They care about their employees. They're professional, but also friendly.

Cons

When it gets slow the company has to downsize a little, so you get worried about losing your job sometimes.

June 24, 2020Employee Communications Manager

We are happy to hear that you are having a good employee experience. We care immensely about our employees and are pleased to hear that you have felt that during your time at Imagine Learning. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We’re thrilled to have you on our team!

"Great emphasis on Company values"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Imagine Learning full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong belief in our mission across all divisions. Consistent efforts to strengthen & grow customer partnerships

Cons

Sometimes decisions are made too swiftly, which leads to both internal and external challenges.

February 21, 2020Marketing Content Manager

Thank you for your review. We love hearing that you recognize our guiding belief in our mission to help all students and our continuous efforts to strengthen our partnerships with our schools and educators. We also appreciate your perspective on decision making. We’ve experienced an abundance of growth and change over the last two years and are confident we are positioned to move forward stronger than ever. Of course, we couldn’t do any of this without fantastic employees like you! Thank you for being a part of the Imagine Learning team and for all you do to help our company grow.

8. "Great place to be if you plan to stick with it through the current bumps in the road."

Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Imagine Learning

Pros

Fair salary, decent benefits, and family comes first. The products are great tools that make an impact on many students. Wealth of support from anyone you reach out to. Teamwork is expected and appreciated.

Cons

The company tried to change too much too soon and it caused a rocky back to school. I feel confident things have stabilized and we are in a much better place, and it will continue to improve.

May 18, 2020CEO

Thank you for your review and especially for your perspective and shared vision of where Imagine Learning is headed. We’re happy to hear that appreciate and enjoy the benefits and balance that working at Imagine Learning provides for our employees. And that you feel supported by the fantastic people you work with. You’re correct that we’ve had a lot of growth and change as well as areas to continue refining and improving. We also feel that we are in a great place and moving the right direction to continue to grow and serve even more students than ever. Thank you for being a valuable part of the Imagine Learning team. We’re grateful for all you do!

"Don’t ever try to advance or have your own voice!"

Former Employee - Math Teacher in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Imagine Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Being able to work from home.

Cons

Advancement only comes to those who kiss up the best. If you find something else you’re good at within the company, be careful you’re not too good, others get jealous and then have it out for you.

June 24, 2020VP of People

We regret that your experience was not what you desired. We encourage each employee to advocate for themselves and to carve out their professional path. We have an open-door policy that welcomes any employee to talk to their manager or a member of the Executive Team to discuss issues, give feedback, and evaluate opportunities because we want each employee to feel heard and valued. Thank you for your service while you worked with us and we wish you well in your future endeavors.

"Scapegoats and finger pointing. Who is next to get the blame?"

I have been working at Imagine Learning full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Dedicated Mission driven coworkers at the manager level and below.

Cons

CEO and experience leaders speak out both sides of their mouths. They bad mouth people at one meeting and then talk great about them to their face. Forgetting that there are some common audience members at both meetings. I can't tell if it is ignorance, or the fact they don't care. They will straight up lie to your face, forgetting that you were in a meeting with them where they contradict what they are telling you directly. They constantly play the blame game, and are already discussing who will be at fault when they fail again.

Found 145 reviews