Imagine Learning Reviews

Updated May 9, 2021

3.3
Imagine Learning CEO Jeremy Cowdrey (no image)
Jeremy Cowdrey
Pros
  • "Great people: competent and kind(in 18 reviews)

• "Working at a company with a guiding mission that's making a difference in the world(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Before last year you never saw a bad review on here but with growing pains and change not everyone is going to be happy about it(in 17 reviews)

• "I wish 401k matching would be better(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Imagine THIS Company

May 9, 2021 - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The mission of this company is out of this world. Serving the most vulnerable students and doing a heck of a job.

Cons

No cons folks. Although there's no perfect company, Imagine Learning---remains a great place to work. Is an honor to still work here.

2. 5.0

Growing Edtech Company

May 3, 2021 - Education Success Director in Tulare, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

A company and workforce with a strong passion for creating and maintaining best practices for students and teachers using our programs.

Cons

None to share at this time.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

IT

Apr 23, 2021 - Systems Analyst in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment to work. Amazing coworkers

Cons

For me heavy traffic was my concern.

4. 4.0

Overall Good

Apr 16, 2021 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are amazing and the culture is very inclusive.

Cons

The culture is shifting due to growing pains and merging with other organizations.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Really Messy

Apr 14, 2021 - Customer Success Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Work from home -Got to work with schools

Cons

- Implemented a new program right before school started. School's were incredibly upset and I had to be the face of it. - Religion is a big factor here (majority Mormon at the headquarters). So many people asked me about my religion. - Pay was not enough for where I was living- I was managing 20+ districts and getting paid less than a teacher in my state.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Pretty Good

Mar 2, 2021 - Proposal Manager in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company actually cares about students and education and encourages innovation. I was really impressed by how the company handled COVID-19 for both clients and employees.

Cons

It's owned by a large corporation with many Ed Tech companies under it's umbrella. People's titles, department staffing, even simple business practices change a lot. This would be fine, but it's hardly communicated.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent Organization

Mar 23, 2021 - Market Researcher in Provo, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Teamwork, atmosphere, collegues, products, people

Cons

There are really no cons to this organization.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing!

Mar 17, 2021 - education success manager in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Collaboration, support from team members and mangers. Everyone is so helpful!

Cons

There is nothing at the moment.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Felt undervalued and micromanaged.

Feb 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

When I started working here it was a great experience--there were genuinely amazing people on my team and we worked hard, excited about Imagine Learning's mission. I was excited to go to work on Mondays. Imagine Learning was built on the idea of helping students. Before I left a lot of people were there who truly believed in that mission. The physical office space was a great place to work.

Cons

Changes in upper level management (and some smaller, team-level changes) brought an environment of toxicity and distrust to my team. My work was constantly redone, poorly in my opinion, by people who were not trained to do my job. I got weekend texts and phone calls, asking me to make changes on things that I had done. All of this after I had already had multiple, very capable coworkers review my work. I saw this happen to others on my team as well. As a result almost nobody who was on my team when I started at Imagine Learning is still there. What started as an amazing job turned into a toxic and stressful environment. I found myself constantly second guessing my abilities when I started my current job because of how I was treated at Imagine Learning, but I've realized now, that my work wasn't the issue. I am capable and careful in my work. But, the culture from the executive team at Imagine was fear-based which caused managers to nitpick work for fear of being reprimanded. I've put off writing this review because there's honestly too much to unpack with my experience at Imagine and I knew I'd struggle to put it all into words, but this gives you the general idea.

6 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Top Notch company

Mar 9, 2021 - IT Support Specialist in Tucson, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, only part time so can't comment on benefits, remote working at least for now

Cons

No cons that I can think of

Viewing 1 - 10 of 173 Reviews