Imagine Learning Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Imagine Learning CEO Joe Swenson
Joe Swenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Management and benefits are accommodating to employees seeking a healthy work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• It is truly about making a difference in the world through our programs (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • They are growing rapidly and occasionally have some growing pains, but nothing that's affected me personally (in 15 reviews)

• I wish 401k matching would be better (in 9 reviews)

"Passionate people making a real difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I have been working at Imagine Learning full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's clear everyone here is passionate not just about their jobs but about the kids our work ultimately impacts:
    - Executives care about employees and their families and know us by name, and employee feedback and questions are heard and respectfully responded to.
    - The CTO cares about staying on the leading edge of education technology in a market that is often several years behind.
    - New and innovative ideas are welcome and encouraged.
    - Management and benefits are accommodating to employees seeking a healthy work/life balance.

Cons

Having acquired two companies recently, we're still working through the growing pains of integrating and scaling cultures, products, processes, and best practices. We are still learning how to be more data-driven and less emotional (remember, we're passionate people) when working through problems. There is ample opportunity to grow and mature in our highly dynamic inter- and intra-team cultures. It can be frustrating at times, but I haven't yet encountered a software company that doesn't face similar problems. I'm encouraged by our continued efforts to try to listen, assess, and incrementally improve.

Advice to Management

Focus on enabling and empowering teams to meet and exceed their own expectations. Too many teams feel bogged down / constricted by problems (both real and perceived) that can be addressed yet continue to keep them from delivering value in anything more than occasional spurts. These problems include poor clarity in requirements, poor work item estimation and tracking, poor communication of what is happening when, where, why, & by whom, and misaligned expectations from various stakeholders. Particularly in Engineering, teams are flailing and in need of stronger leaders dedicated to articulating vision, coordinating synergistic efforts, and mitigating distractions to help teams thrive.

"Successful Provo tech co. you haven't heard of"

Current Employee - Worker in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Worker in Provo, UT

I have been working at Imagine Learning full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great reason to come to work (giving kids a shot in life who might otherwise have a very hard time). Great co-workers in may areas. Great benefits.

It is not the loud, braggadocios companies you see elsewhere in Utah County that are probably more flash than substance. Instead, we are the successful tech company in Provo that you probably haven't heard of.

Cons

Resources aren't unlimited (they never are), so we don't throw crazy parties, but at least I work at a financially responsible company that will not spend itself into bankruptcy.

"Best job I have ever had."

Current Employee - Teacher in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Teacher in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Imagine Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are friendly and helpful. Every one wants to make a difference in the lives of students every where! This is a company that is based on great communication. Because there are so many people all across the nation working together, strong communication is a must.

Cons

I work remotely 100% of the time so i never get to see the people in the main office. We rely heavily on technology and digital meetings, rather than face to face meetings. This is the only slight drawback i can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep working as a family company, and keep the workers happy. You are doing a great job!

4. "Customer Success Manager"

I have been working at Imagine Learning full-time

Pros

At Imagine Learning, everyone truly believes in supporting student progress. This belief fosters a distinct, caring work environment where I have experienced genuine support from everyone.

Cons

I honestly can not think of a downside to working at Imagine Learning.

5. "Review"

I have been working at Imagine Learning full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Nice people. Good work environment. Food pantry. And more.

Cons

Not really anything that I can think of. It would be nice to have lemonade or juice in addition to all the free soda, but I don't know if I'd consider that a con since it's all free anyway.

6. "Amazing Place to Work!"

I have been working at Imagine Learning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fellow employees go out of their way to make you feel welcome and to help you learn what you need to learn to be successful.

Job is exciting, meaningful, and different every day - no boring routine.

Products are fun and effective; they are easy to be genuinely proud of and excited about.

No micromanaging - you are trusted to do your job as you see best.

Company is generous with its employees. I feel valued.

Cons

401K benefits are not so great.

Travel is a bit much at times.

Learning four products at once has been completely overwhelming, but it is a good challenge.

Advice to Management

Mostly, keep on doing exactly what you are doing. Be sure expectations are clear; let us know what is mandatory vs. what is a "nice-to-do".

7. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Provo, UT

I have been working at Imagine Learning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management wants to see employees become successful. Lots of training provided. It's a family-like atmosphere. Everyone works hard, but there is a level of having fun as well with pizza day Friday, birthday recognition, bagel Tuesday, and more.

Cons

Now is a great time to formulate best practices as the company continues to progress and grow.

Advice to Management

Give more definition to department responsibilities, and teaching empathy to determine which departments should be involved with updates, changes related to the user/client experience.

8. "Simply Amazing!"

I have been working at Imagine Learning full-time

Pros

Hands down; the most amazing group of people to work with, I've never had so many people willing, and able, to help. Not only that but our goal is to help children change their stars... what more could you want!

Cons

Not even a con really... so much to learn

9. "Customer Success Manager"

I have been working at Imagine Learning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Imagine Learning has been a great place to work. I have only been in the company for 2 months but the way the company has treated me is unlike any job I have had in the past. They are so good to their employees. I recently visited the home office in Provo, Utah. The atmosphere was so positive and happy. It seems like everyone in this company is in it to make a difference in the lives of kids. It is more than a job/career. It is truly about making a difference in the world through our programs.
    Benefits start the first day on the job. Great benefits.

Cons

The 401K match isn't that great. It could be better.

10. "Incredible place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Cms
    Current Employee - Cms

I have been working at Imagine Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The enthusiasm and compassion of everyone at this company is unbelievable. Everyone in this organization cares about the product, our customers and each other. It is an overwhelmingly positive culture.

Cons

There is nothing remotely negative about this experience.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.