Integral Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Ron Rosenblith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible Hours as long as you meet minimum (in 15 reviews)

• Making a difference, seeing concrete goals achieved (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • It's heavy sales, and they send you home if you do not hit your numbers (in 5 reviews)

• Getting sent home early if you have an off day (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Phone Sales/Fundraising Organization in South Florida."

Current Employee - Fundraising Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Fundraising Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Integral Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you have don't have sales experience - they'll teach you, if you do, IRI is the place for you, and, if you have sales experience and political knowledge, this place is Nirvana. Great management staff, one that recognizes both hard work and creativity. Best phone sales/fundraising place I have ever worked, and I've worked at quite a few.

Cons

Every organization has some cons, I can't think of one here, though. The base pay seems a little low when you interview, but then you work here and realize it's not - the top callers are compensated very well when bonuses are figured into the equation.

Advice to Management

Don't change your model.

Jul 25, 2017 – CPO

Thanks for the kind words. The job is never easy but the work is important and rewarding. Thanks for being part of the team.

2. "This was one of the best if not the best interview hands down"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I have been working at Integral Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best reason to work here would be to simply stay up to date on current events going on, even if you care about it or not it's still great information for you to hear about

Cons

There are not any cons to this job or the application process, everything about the experience was perfect in every way

3. "Soul sucking"

I worked at Integral Resources part-time

Pros

Few decent people to work with

Cons

Job is by nature soul sucking

4. "Terrible Company and Job"

Current Employee - Telemarketer in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Telemarketer in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Integral Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I would have to say it's easy to get hired. If you can read, you'll get hired. So apply if you really need work (and keep looking for a better job on the side). I'm in college, and this was an easy job for me to get last winter.

Cons

It's not a fun job. It's telemarketing and sales. You get yelled at a lot by the people on the phone and the managers. The managers don't care about the employees or helping the staff, they just want money. They just want donations to keep their own jobs. They don't care about Planned Parenthood, the DCCC, or the DSCC, they just want to keep their own jobs.

The carpet, walks, desks, keyboards are all dirty and gross. It's just a nasty environment to work in everyday. I can't wait to graduate college so I don't have to work here anymore.

The only nice manager is Shawn. He should be promoted. Shawn is a gem for a place like this.

Advice to Management

Promote Shawn and get rid of the other supervisors who yell at the the telemarketers.

5. "Super Gross (Worcester, MA Location)"

Current Employee - Fundraiser in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Fundraiser in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Integral Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're a student, there's flexible work hours. You can work part time or full time and pick the days you want to work. The hours are the best thing.

Cons

So, their add says $13 hourly, but you actually make minimum wage. There is a tiered pay system depending on how many hours you work, and you can get up to like $12.50 (but you're not at $13 every hour). Each time you get a donation, you get $2. You can get more hourly if you're the top earner at hour, but you won't know if you're the top earner until you receive you paycheck. If you're not hitting their numbers, they'll send you home (so budgeting will be really hard) and "Chef" a supervisor there will belittle you in front of your coworkers at your desk.

You are not allowed to have your phone anywhere in the building or a pen, because too many agents in the past stole their callers credit card numbers. This isn't just at your desk, you literally cannot have your phone anywhere in the building. Basically, if another agent steals a credit card number, this office will only be able to take mail pledges which would take them out of business.

The office in Worcester has a bed bug issue. Literally, they have to professional clean the carpets lately and constantly spray the building because there's a bed bug infestation. I come home from work and immediately shower and wash my clothes in hopes that I don't infest my family and home. Overall, the entire building is disgusting. The building does not have a regular janitorial service, and it's just disgusting. The chairs are cloth, so it's really easy to spread the bugs.

It's said places like the DCCC pay this company to their campaigning. Save yourself and go work down at Wendy's instead (you won't be dehumanized and come home with a bug problem).

Advice to Management

Please try to make this place less disgusting. It's really nasty.

Oct 27, 2017 – CPO

Yes we have been treated for bed bugs and yes we had carpet cleaned. We have a cleaning crew come in every night after close seven days a week. Additionally we have paid thousands to inspect employee... More

6. "Do Not Work Here"

Former Employee - Fundraiser in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Fundraiser in Worcester, MA

I worked at Integral Resources part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The advantages of working here are that you're not unemployed, and you can pick your own schedule. They're pretty much really open on when you work.

Cons

They lie about the hourly wage you'll be working, and the entire place is disgusting. It's heavy sales, and they send you home if you do not hit your numbers. If you are not hitting your numbers, they will yell at you in front of everyone on the floor. It's a very abusive and gross place to work.

You cannot have your phone or a pen out (or anything to write with). So, between calls you'll just be sitting there super, super bored. It's not fun.

Advice to Management

Please shut this location down and start over. Or please have upper management from corporate come look at how gross the building is... The working conditions here are really close. It's places like this that caused unions back in the day.

Oct 31, 2017 – CPO

Sorry it did not work out for you. Please contact me about what manager sent you home because we have stopped that years ago. We also just had the carpets cleaned and we have a seven day cleaning... More

7. "I was a very successful caller there"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Integral Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you need a job they will hire you without any hesitation. It is a great place for people who have strong political knowledge, along with acceptable sales skills.

Cons

Well the director clearly plays favorites, and allows certain people to slide through the cracks. A lot of unprofessional behavior occurred on the call floor during my time there, with zero disciplinary action taken...If you are a recovering addict, then I STRONGLY advice you to not work for this company for your own sake. Unless you are comfortable working around drunk agents, or agents visibly high on drugs on a daily basis. Literally the most unprofessional work environment that I have ever been a part of. And the staff would turn their heads, and did nothing to address these issues during my time there. A lot of redundancy as far as unprofessional behavior is concerned. It was absolutely appalling some days! It felt like everyone that applied there got hired. Poor background checks too. Pretty shady if you ask me...

Advice to Management

Stop contradicting your mission statement, and start treating every employee“fair and equitable!”

Oct 25, 2017 – CPO

Sorry your experience was less than ideal. We have new leadership in Cambridge due in part to the reviews of people like you. Again we say sorry

8. "nasty place"

I have been working at Integral Resources part-time

Pros

flexible hours, water with disposable cups

Cons

way way way too many

Advice to Management

start over

Sep 24, 2017 – CPO

Sorry it's not working out. We are aware of the challenges we are facing in Cambridge and have been making changes to address them. Please feel free to reach out and let me know what we can do to help... More

9. "Yes"

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Durham, NC

I have been working at Integral Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great organization people are cool dress code casual great work place

Cons

Starting pay it can go up with calls made but to start with not great

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do great people Durham team

10. "Call Center Team Member"

I have been working at Integral Resources part-time

Pros

1. Educational Funding 2.A Woman's right to her body and what she decides to do with it 3. Equality, all across the board 4. Helping create an environment where politics/government are beneficial to EVERYONE. 5. Spending your time in a meaningful way fighting for a cause you believe in, by reaching out to others all across the US. This job is perfect for implementing all of these things and more, I believe if we work hard and bring positivity and different points of view to the table we can make a REAL difference

Cons

Some people are going to be rude or misunderstanding, and that is just part of the job. These are just people that are either misguided or fed up with the way things are already going, and won't be so open to the beliefs of others. These people can be related to and persuaded of the true value of human equality , rights, and educational funding by looking back to themselves or their own families. None of us want to go without these basic human rights and none should have to. I believe even the cons of this job have an upside. Some people might complain about pay ( I wouldn't, I think its great) but that isn't what this job is about really. Its about making a difference and being confident in your ability to make this Country a more Equal and Fair place to live. I don't truly believe there are any "cons"

Advice to Management

Honestly, from what I have seen on the first day of speaking with Shaleeka, I don't have a whole lot of advice. She was very friendly, welcoming, and I had a wonderful time speaking with her. My only advice moving forward is that we all stick together, encourage eachother, and make the most out of this opportunity.