KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Integrated Project Management Company Reviews

Updated Jun 2, 2021

Found 60 of over 62 reviews

4.5
Integrated Project Management Company Founder, President & CEO C. Richard Panico
C. Richard Panico
Pros
  • "Rich (CEO) treats IPM as his family and that is very clear in my managers here in the Eastern Region (Boston and New Jersey office)(in 15 reviews)

• "The culture is great for developing relationships with regular social and charity events(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No Major Cons - Travel is common with consulting but IPM does go above and beyond to attempt minimizing long term negative impacts to employees(in 9 reviews)

• "Travel may also be needed occasionally, but managers help to make it fit your work/life balance(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Exceptionally Great Place to Work!

Jun 2, 2021 - Senior Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, Compensation, Benefits, Integrity, Appreciation

Cons

You have to love the consulting lifestyle

Integrated Project Management Company Response

That's a pretty awesome list of pros! But I think my favorite word in your review is "Exceptionally." Thanks for acknowledging how special IPM is!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people; Strong focus on quality and culture

May 17, 2021 - Project Management Consultant in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Transparency at all levels of leadership/management. Proactive measures are taken to collect and address feedback to make the employee experience better. Structured approach to career planning. Objective and regular performance reviews.

Cons

IPM partners with clients in a number of different industries. As a consultant, you have a way to voice your preferred industry, but depending on demand you may not be assigned to a project in your preferred industry.

Integrated Project Management Company Response

Thanks for taking the time to point out so many aspects of IPM's commitment to its employees (in IPM vernacular, "family members"). We do care deeply about our family and that they be provided with the best "care" possible. This caring can manifest as feedback, career planning, assignments, or so many other tangible and intangible aspects. But, you are correct - a perfect match between client need and consultant desires isn't always possible. We will keep trying!

3. 5.0

Great Culture

May 16, 2021 - Consultant in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Have been with IPM slightly over 3 years. The company's commitment to enhancing the culture and working with team members to continuously improve is admirable and one of the best ever seen in my over 20 year career.

Cons

The organization is fairly flat. Ability to get promoted is limited although the organization is working to improve.

Integrated Project Management Company Response

Continuous improvement is indeed a way of life at IPM; thanks for highlighting those efforts. Whether we are focused to employee development, or organizational structure, or the greatest possible value we can offer to our clients, we always want to be better. The fact that you recognize it tells me you are a person who prioritizes CI also. Thanks for all you do to advance it. No doubt IPM is better because of you.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work, depending on what you're looking for

May 17, 2021 - Project Management Consultant in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company Culture. It's more than just words at IPM, the company leadership and management truly believe in the company culture and foster it at every opportunity. Caring and empathy. Company management truly cares about its people and not just in words, but in actions. Support for work-life balance needs, accommodating life events, and just looking out for what's best for me. Pay and Salary. This is quite subjective, but I've found the salary and bonuses to fair and even generous. That being said, the salaries are lower than pharma/biotech companies. Pay raises and bonuses are generous.

Cons

Overly bureaucratic at times. The company can be 'old fashioned' at times in it's thinking and outlook. There are a few internal processes that feel like they exist for the sake of existing without much tangible value. E.g. the performance review process while good is long, bloated, and contains too much redundancy. Client work vs. training balance. IPM puts a strong emphasis on training and internal initiatives (which is excellent), however, there is not a good balance between expectations for client work time per week and time for other projects, i.e. expectation for client work is 100% of your time per week (40 hour week). Thus you can often not get to do the amount of training you would like, or you do extra work for training which can impact work/life balance. The company is very flat with not much diversity in the roles within IPM. From PMA to Senior PMC, the positions are not significantly different in their responsibilities. It's a consulting firm and as a consultant you will be performing much the same role while working here. The diversity in the role comes from different clients. If you are looking for diversity in positions and roles to grow into, then that does not really exist here.

Continue reading

Integrated Project Management Company Response

A thoughtful and thorough review - exactly the caliber we'd expect from an IPMer! Your summary advice to management is well-said. We most certainly should assure that every task performed and process followed has distinct value. We look forward especially to the evaluation of our performance management process, a strategic initiative which will begin very soon. Thanks for all the input!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Place to Work

Feb 22, 2021 - Senior Project Management Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is better than and unlike any place that I have worked in the last 30 years. No company is truly recession-proof, but IPM is better prepared than most to deal with economic volatility.

Cons

IPM should have more minorities and women in leadership positions.

Integrated Project Management Company Response

Wow! Thanks for the glowing endorsement of our culture! You've been with us for a while, so you are responsible for it, just like every other "family member," and we appreciate your contributions. Given your tenure, you've also lived our commitment to equality and meritocracy. As it says in Our Mission and Beliefs, "Discrimination has no home here." Thanks for holding us accountable to that.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very friendly and personable workplace

Feb 10, 2021 - Project Management Consultant in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is very personable and works well together.

Cons

There can be a good amount of traveling, but they are happy to work with to assign you to local clients if you prefer.

Integrated Project Management Company Response

We do hire the nicest people! Thanks for taking the time to submit a review. I look forward to your comments after five years, and ten years, and fifteen . . .

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Depends on what you are looking for ....

Feb 8, 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Culture of colleagues helping each other out - Most of the consultants are very good project managers - Great environment for learning - company puts emphasis on knowledge sharing and continuous learning

Cons

- Salary significantly below life sciences/bioech company salaries (may be dependent on geographic areac - certainly true on East and West coasts) - Can be challenging to meet target for billed hours due to required non-client activites/expectations

1 person found this review helpful

Integrated Project Management Company Response

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for acknowledging that not everyone emphasizes the same things. The best things about IPM resonate strongly for some, but not for all. We do try very hard to promote a strong culture of caring and ethics, and security, and fulfilling work. Thank you for your time at and contributions to IPM. Sure hope you took something positive away from the experience!

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

NA

Mar 4, 2021 - Project Management Consultant in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company and good people to work for

Cons

Slow, conservative, mid-west culture, low pay package

1 person found this review helpful

Integrated Project Management Company Response

Thanks for submitting a review! Please know that we continually review our pay and benefits package - we know our talented and hard-working people deserve to be well-rewarded. I understand how we might sometimes appear "slow and conservative," but I hope too that there might sometimes be a correlation between those traits and a "good" company and "good" people.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee

Project Management

Feb 21, 2021 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, benefits, work from home

Cons

Niche specialty, clients, compensation, culture, size

Integrated Project Management Company Response

Thank you for submitting your review, and for your contributions to IPM during your tenure. IPM isn't the largest consulting company in the area, and perhaps size is part of the reason there is no doubt in my mind that no employer cares more about their "family" of employees than we do.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good Company

Jul 29, 2020 - Project Management Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, good assignments, great culture

Cons

Somewhat weak mid level management

Integrated Project Management Company Response

Thank you to our former IPMer for taking the time to give us 5 stars! Clearly you are a performer or you wouldn't have stuck with us for more than 3 years. With a little luck, maybe we will work together again - one way or another. Our best wishes to you in your chosen work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 60 Reviews