KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 75 of over 78 reviews
4.5
94% Recommend to a Friend
Integrated Project Management Company Founder, President & CEO C. Richard Panico
99% Approve of CEO

McKinsey & Company

132 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The culture is great for developing relationships with regular social and charity events.(in 12 reviews)
  • "The 'PM consultants' are good people to work with; always willing to help each other; the company has good medical benefits; other benefits and compensation is at par or below comparable firms.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Brand name clients, good benefits, honest, ethical leadership, exposure to lots of projects, clients, and industries.(in 4 reviews)
  • "The company culture is the best of any organization I have ever experienced.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Health benefits are great (100% for me and my family)(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Integrated Project Management Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Aug 1, 2022 - Project Management Associate in Burr Ridge, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible culture, great benefits, opportunity for growth/ development, great work- life balance, veteran friendly

Cons

None to mention thus far

Integrated Project Management Company Response

We'll do our best to keep your "Cons" list very short (though we certainly never claim perfection!). Thanks so much for joining the family and taking the time to post the review.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture

Aug 1, 2022 - Marketing in Burr Ridge, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best things about this company is the culture. It really is a friendly atmosphere and everyone tries to make things better. One thing I heard during my interview was that were no jerks at the company. That is very true!

Cons

They're a conservative company, which is great with an upcoming recession, but things move a little slow.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Small Company Allows for Work Flexibility, but Comes with Pain Points of Internal Operations and Execution

Aug 4, 2022 - Senior Project Management Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at a small company does allow flexibility in living situations, opportunities to adjust schedules when needed (i.e child care, doctors appointments, moving offices/locations etc.) and working with good clients allows for hybrid work structure. Directors are very supportive of their operations teams.

Cons

Bureaucratic and slow moving for many actions outside of status quo, working on internal initiatives nothing feels as though it can be done without full executive leadership endorsement which can be very arduous to obtain. Can be exhausting to the point of deterring people from wanting to try accomplishing even minor changes to the establishment, or execute on one-off activities. Client and being billable comes first at all times, regardless of consultant development plan or respect for duration of time spent on a project. Understandable that it is impossible to provide all employees with dream projects 100% of the time and it is understandable to need to work through projects you may not always feel excited about, but Client reigns supreme and if they want you specifically, or if a program continues to be extended (despite original contract time commitment), you can find yourself stuck on a project far longer than you expected rather than provided opportunity to swap with another colleague and move onto another engagement. HR support is only physically located in Chicago office, meaning familiarity with other region's laws and HR policies is minimal, which has resulted in multiple issues (i.e. processing maternity related policies, estimations of cost of living adjustments, etc.). Directors power to advocate for their people and influence managing directors/executive management can be fraught with copious amounts of tedious politics and can result in minimal ability to actually execute on key requests made by consultants. Very religious company, can be taken as pro or con based on your perspective. Listing here as a con as a personal stance.

4. 5.0

Great people, great company

Jul 5, 2022 - Executive Assistant in Burr Ridge, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture is unlike anything I've ever experienced. They truly care about their employees, both professionally and personally. They want it to feel like a family. It's a also a very collaborative, team-oriented, all hands-on-deck type of environment.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything negative since I started at the company three months ago.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Apr 27, 2022 - Project Management Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is supportive, great place to learn about new industries and methodologies in PM. This is not a ladder climbing type of company - it's about the project work and value you can deliver to like-minded clients. Great work life balance.

Cons

Business processes/tools need to be able to keep up with digitalization to remain competitive and relevant to client needs. However, grassroots initiatives are encouraged and supported by management.

Integrated Project Management Company Response

Thank you for the kind words and for recognizing our commitment to always provide great value to our clients. You are exactly right to recognize the importance of continuously improving all the methods by which we serve. It's a never-ending quest, and I thank you for highlighting and contributing to its accomplishment! I look forward to your reaching the first milestone anniversary of five years!

6. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great people.

May 10, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people. Some interesting clients and work.

Cons

Stressful, and a heavy workload.

Integrated Project Management Company Response

Thanks for taking the time to submit a review. No doubt there can be stress in a consulting role. One of the special aspects of IPM and its "great people" is that help is only a request away. Thanks for doing your best to satisfy our clients, and we wish you well in your new role!

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Not for everyone

Mar 29, 2022 - Senior Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

They care about you as a person and the company manages to ensure everyone always has work. Really great people work here. Depending what you are looking for and where you are in your career this could be a great place for you. Medical coverage is superior to most other companies.

Cons

To be clear it is a Christian company, not necessarily a con, it just depends if you feel comfortable praying in a work setting. The prayers are always led by someone of the Christian faith, so that is why I say Christian and not "spiritual". There is limited diversity and the company believes diversity should happen organically, so again - depending on your point of view this might be a pro. Limited ability to influence the culture or the business strategy. It is an insular company, promotions are awarded with a lot of emphasis on tenure along with the job requirements and they rarely hire anyone into senior positions from outside the company. Salaries and 401k matching etc. much lower than consulting and life sciences norms. (The only exception is medical - which is a major pro.)

3 people found this review helpful

Integrated Project Management Company Response

Thank you for posting your review - and covering a broad range of topics. It would be lovely to discuss them all over a glass of wine, but in lieu of that, I'll just make a few comments: - You couldn't be more accurate - really great people work here! - We are a spiritual company, and many of us, including the founder, are Christian. His beliefs formed the foundation for treating everyone fairly, with respect and dignity. Our Fundamental Values (Spirituality is one of them), influence the caring behavior you mention. However, our people are of many faiths and, in some cases, no faith. We don’t usually know. Bottom line is that all are welcome and respected here. We simply ask the same in return. - The culture is 30+ years in the making, and yes it's guarded. In the end, that is best for everyone. - We are proud of those we promote based upon their leadership conduct, accomplishments, contributions, and potential; knowing them well helps ensure the sustainment of our culture. Thanks for spending time as an IPMer. We wish you all the best!

8. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great for PM experience across industries

Mar 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

great career exposure for Project Managers a good amount of well known clients with complex projects caring company

Cons

not much diversity in company leadership small privately owned company without a lot of career growth internally, but the programs led by the consultants are great for exposure and responsibility.

Integrated Project Management Company Response

You're right! We are a caring company, and there are ways to connect with folks without being face-to-face. I hope you know that Rich agrees and has started "Heart to Heart" talks as a way of connecting. (Not to mention Coffee For Two and other fabulous programs sponsored by our Culture Connection groups.) Still we are eager to see everyone live and in person for our May staff meeting. Hope you'll be there! (And thanks for submitting your review!)

9. 5.0

Fantastic place to work!

Feb 18, 2022 - Project Management Associate in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, Benefits, Compensation, Atmosphere, and People!

Cons

I don’t have any cons.

Integrated Project Management Company Response

Wow! What a lovely (and succinct!) review. I hope your first Annual Plan Meeting solidified your positive impression of IPM. I'm willing to bet that next year's, when we will all be face to face, will really knock your socks off. Thanks for being part of the family!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Family Environment

Jan 14, 2022 - Managing Director in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

IPM puts caring into consulting - you never feel like an asset Excellent medical benefits Extremely collaborative culture Feels like a family

Cons

Consulting is not for everybody. You need to have a desire to solve unique people and technical problems.

Integrated Project Management Company Response

Thank you for submitting your review. While I'm glad you never feel like an "asset," each and every one of our IPM family members is indeed an asset to every other IPMer! So many wonderful people! I'd be willing to bet that lots of those folks contributed greatly to your desire to spend more than ten years with us. Thanks for all you've done to help make IPM the special place it is.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 75 Reviews
</>Embed

Integrated Project Management Company Reviews FAQs

Integrated Project Management Company has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 78 reviews left anonymously by employees. 94% of employees would recommend working at Integrated Project Management Company to a friend and 90% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Integrated Project Management Company employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Integrated Project Management Company. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

94% of Integrated Project Management Company employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Integrated Project Management Company 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Integrated Project Management Company to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Integrated Project Management Company Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Integrated Project Management Company? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

84 days ago

Company News
For the first time in over 2 years, IPM assembled the entire company together in-person for our quarterly all-staff meeting! We celebrated a great start to the year, met the nearly 80 new hires who joined since we last gathered, and got some much needed team building time throughout the day. Looking forward to getting the entire crew back together in August!
Shared image - Careers - Current Project Management Career Openings | IPM
Careers - Current Project Management Career Openings | IPM
www.ipmcinc.com

104 days ago

Careers
The past few years have been challenging for many businesses, but we are proud to say IPM has thrived. We've expanded our IPM family, continued the professional development of our people, and increased career opportunities by promoting from within. IPM is not only a great place to start a career, but also a place where you can grow professionally and reach new heights. If this sounds like what you or someone you know is looking for, learn about our open opportunities here: www.ipmcinc.com/careers
Shared image - IPM Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. on LinkedIn: Growth | Culture | Stability - IPM Careers
www.linkedin.com

Integrated Project Management Company Photos

+ Add Photo
Integrated Project Management Company photo of: IPM receiving 2018 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award
Integrated Project Management Company photo of: IPM CEO Rich Panico's new shirt
Integrated Project Management Company photo of: IPM All Staff Meeting - May 2022
Integrated Project Management Company photo of: IPM meeting April 2022
Integrated Project Management Company photo of: St. Patrick's Day celebration 2022

Glassdoor has 78 Integrated Project Management Company reviews submitted anonymously by Integrated Project Management Company employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Integrated Project Management Company is right for you.