Intertech (Minnesota) Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Intertech (Minnesota) President and CEO Tom Salonek
Tom Salonek

1. "Work-life balance is true"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Pros

The ownership and management truly honor work-life balance at Intertech. Obviously in IT the are times when a project deliverable requires working a little extra, but that is the exception here.
    The company asks for, receives and try's to put improve,met suggestions in place.
    People are recognized and rewarded for good work.
    Continued learning is expected and supported.
    Careful in hiring very talented people who are a good fit for the environment.

Cons

The hiring process can be very slow
    Intertech is a flat organization. Not much of a ladder to climb.

Mar 29, 2016 – Partner

Thanks you for the review, and glad you appreciate what we are building together.

2. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, good leadership, competitive pay and benefits.

Cons

If you are constantly on site with clients, it is difficult to connect with others within the company. This is not a criticism of Intertech as a company; it is just the nature of consulting. Also, health care costs have gone up significantly in the last few years.

May 4, 2016 – CEO and Founder

Thanks for taking the time to share a review and for your positive feedback on team members, leadership, and overall compensation. You’re spot on that connecting with the organization when you’re ... More

"A unique combination of very seasoned consultants, fresh approaches and a cohesive team."

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time

Pros

This is a great place to work where people matter and can all make a difference. The majority of the consultants have years of experience delivering software and advising on many different levels of technology, process and relationships. There are several times a year we get together as a firm to talk about our shared experiences and what we are looking to accomplish this year. These gatherings reduce the feel of being out there alone in the work world, very family oriented feel.

Cons

Like many consulting firms, you don't always get to pick the location of your client work. Intertech makes an effort to consider the commute for a consultant and it is a occupational hazard to not know where your next project will be geographically located. Consulting offers variety and this is just one of those areas...not bad - just something to be aware that everyone's commute will change during the course of things.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work with communication and creating a community feel within the organization!! You're efforts aren't missed even though there are times I can't attend functions due to "real life" - the best thing is I know that you know everyone has a "real life" too.

Oct 7, 2015 – Partner

Thank you for the time you took to provide your feedback. Glad to hear you appreciate the effort we take to communicate and know the individual employees. We recognize the location challenges that ... More

5. "MIS Operations Manager"

Current Employee - MIS Operations Manager in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - MIS Operations Manager in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great coworkers and owners. Can't stress now nice it is to look forward to going to work. We have a great work life balance with the ability to work from home on demand., 3-month sabbatical for every 7 years of service is really unique.

Cons

Upward advancement can be a challenge since it's a smaller company.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on growth. It's a continual challenge to find people that fit our company. A strong focus on hiring is the only thing limiting our ability to bring in more clients.

Apr 16, 2015 – Senior Marketing Director

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review - thank you! It's great to hear the passion and enthusiasm for working at Intertech.

6. "Great Company with Great People"

Current Employee - Senior Director of Marketing in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Director of Marketing in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at Intertech for a little over six months and have to say that I'm ecstatic to have landed in such a great spot. The culture and people are very supportive and great to work with. People genuinely enjoy working here and it shows in the quality work from dedicated employees. The work environment is flexible and accommodating to the employee with work from home options, sabbaticals, and signing bonuses to set up home offices.

Cons

Having been here less than a year at this point, I've not come across any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the solid communication and flexible work environment.

Mar 16, 2016 – Partner

We are glad to have you on our team. Thank you for your feedback and it's great to know that our efforts are recognized by our consultants to create a great environment.

"The best management I have experienced in my 45 years of technology work!"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) (More than 10 years)

Pros

We are all comfortable about talking to each other and with our leaders about anything. And we are listened to! As a consultant, I have great access to the training products that Intertech offers.

Cons

Intertech only hires top quality people. We all want to stay that way as technology continues to evolve.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are already doing so well! Keep communicating on what is happening here.

May 21, 2014 – Partner

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the firm you are helping us build. We are fortunate to have a solid team that share our mission & vision for the future.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working for a leadership team with great vision, integrity, and share my values. The company allows me flexibility, are very supportive, and provide me and my family with tremendous opportunities (not to mention unique perks such as three month paid sabbatical every seven years). Intertech has exceeded my expectations in terms of environment, culture, work\life balance, and financial stability. I'm proud to be affiliated with Intertech.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of a single con, other than possibly wishing the office was a little closer to my home.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Continue being supportive and loyal to your employees.

May 21, 2014 – Partner

We're lucky to have been able to build such a tremendous team over the years. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with others who may be looking for such an environment. We're proud to have you ... More

"As close to my version of a perfect job as I will ever find."

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Diverse projects, excellent coworkers, outstanding management and great corporate values. At Intertech I have worked in a wide range of technologies in a wide range of businesses solving a wide range of problems. That keeps things fresh and is exactly what I want to be doing.

Cons

The software development field is a constantly evolving industry. Technology comes and technology disappears quickly. It takes hard work and dedication to stay on top of technology. This is not unique to Intertech. In fact Intertech helps us keep up on technology by requiring all of us to take a week each year for education and supports certification efforts with a monetary reward.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. From the open door policy, the monthly business update, the quarterly get together, and to the annual town hall meeting you keep us informed and give us opportunities to participate in keeping Intertech successful.

May 21, 2014 – Partner

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Glassdoor. You're absolutely correct on the pace of change in our industry, at the same time that is what make it exciting. Glad to hear you appreciate the ... More

"Best company I have worked for in my career!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO and my manager are always asking how they can improve things for the company. They also always ask for things they can personally do to help me to succeed in my job role. Very competitive pay and always fun activities for employees from Friday grill outs, to company sponsored golf outings, to great year end parties!

Cons

I have been here for a little over a year now and still have not found 1 negative thing I can think of. I also have never heard 1 negative comment about anyone the entire time I have been here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and thanks for creating a great working environment for all!

May 21, 2014 – Partner

First, thank you for being a part of our team, and we're flattered by your feedback. We hope to keep exceeding your expectations. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

"The best employer I've had In my 20+ year career!"

Current Employee - Senior Instructor in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Instructor in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Welcoming and knowledgeable peers. Management is fantastic: strong commitment to work-life balance, truly listens to and considers ideas/feedback from staff. Above average compensation, bonuses, and frequent recognition / rewards for exceptional work. Fantastic projects and clients. I hope to retire here!

Cons

Intertech provides the best because they expect the best. This is one of the more selective employers I've ever worked for (and thus, it's harder to get a job here than it may be at other companies).

Advice to Management

Management is frequently soliciting feedback (this includes a yearly "town hall" where questions and feedback are aggregated from the team and submitted to management). This is the first company I've worked for that has been so receptive to new ideas from those outside of management. So, my only advice is to continue with this practice and attitude.

May 21, 2014 – Partner

We hope you retire here as well!! We appreciate your sharing your feedback, and hope it will encourage others like yourself to consider joining our firm. We're very proud of our team and what they ... More