Intertech (Minnesota) Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Intertech (Minnesota) President and CEO Tom Salonek
Tom Salonek

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Work-life balance is true"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Pros

The ownership and management truly honor work-life balance at Intertech. Obviously in IT the are times when a project deliverable requires working a little extra, but that is the exception here.
    The company asks for, receives and try's to put improve,met suggestions in place.
    People are recognized and rewarded for good work.
    Continued learning is expected and supported.
    Careful in hiring very talented people who are a good fit for the environment.

Cons

The hiring process can be very slow
    Intertech is a flat organization. Not much of a ladder to climb.

Mar 29, 2016 – Partner

Thanks you for the review, and glad you appreciate what we are building together.

2. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, good leadership, competitive pay and benefits.

Cons

If you are constantly on site with clients, it is difficult to connect with others within the company. This is not a criticism of Intertech as a company; it is just the nature of consulting. Also, health care costs have gone up significantly in the last few years.

May 4, 2016 – CEO and Founder

Thanks for taking the time to share a review and for your positive feedback on team members, leadership, and overall compensation.

You’re spot on that connecting with the organization when you’re... More

3. "A good consulting gig"

Pros

Excellent education benefits, consultants can teach, good owners

Cons

Can't control your work assignments

Mar 9, 2016 – Senior Marketing Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your employment at Intertech. As always, we appreciate the feedback.

"A unique combination of very seasoned consultants, fresh approaches and a cohesive team."

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time

Pros

This is a great place to work where people matter and can all make a difference. The majority of the consultants have years of experience delivering software and advising on many different levels of technology, process and relationships. There are several times a year we get together as a firm to talk about our shared experiences and what we are looking to accomplish this year. These gatherings reduce the feel of being out there alone in the work world, very family oriented feel.

Cons

Like many consulting firms, you don't always get to pick the location of your client work. Intertech makes an effort to consider the commute for a consultant and it is a occupational hazard to not know where your next project will be geographically located. Consulting offers variety and this is just one of those areas...not bad - just something to be aware that everyone's commute will change during the course of things.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work with communication and creating a community feel within the organization!! You're efforts aren't missed even though there are times I can't attend functions due to "real life" - the best thing is I know that you know everyone has a "real life" too.

Oct 7, 2015 – Partner

Thank you for the time you took to provide your feedback. Glad to hear you appreciate the effort we take to communicate and know the individual employees. We recognize the location challenges that... More

5. "MIS Operations Manager"

Current Employee - MIS Operations Manager in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - MIS Operations Manager in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great coworkers and owners. Can't stress now nice it is to look forward to going to work. We have a great work life balance with the ability to work from home on demand., 3-month sabbatical for every 7 years of service is really unique.

Cons

Upward advancement can be a challenge since it's a smaller company.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on growth. It's a continual challenge to find people that fit our company. A strong focus on hiring is the only thing limiting our ability to bring in more clients.

Apr 16, 2015 – Senior Marketing Director

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review - thank you! It's great to hear the passion and enthusiasm for working at Intertech.

6. "Great Company with Great People"

Current Employee - Senior Director of Marketing in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Director of Marketing in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at Intertech for a little over six months and have to say that I'm ecstatic to have landed in such a great spot. The culture and people are very supportive and great to work with. People genuinely enjoy working here and it shows in the quality work from dedicated employees. The work environment is flexible and accommodating to the employee with work from home options, sabbaticals, and signing bonuses to set up home offices.

Cons

Having been here less than a year at this point, I've not come across any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the solid communication and flexible work environment.

Mar 16, 2016 – Partner

We are glad to have you on our team. Thank you for your feedback and it's great to know that our efforts are recognized by our consultants to create a great environment.

"One of those places you work hard to find and don't leave once you do."

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time

Pros

Been around the block with technical firms and this one is a keeper. Very positive and encouraging environment from peers and management with great reputation for doing the exciting and challenging work -- not just anything that comes along. The company works hard to treat employees and families very well. Constantly trying to improve the way it does things. Nice diversity of opportunity from training to the various technologies.

Cons

Need to be a self-starter, and because a fairly flat organization, don't expect to spend the first week with formal training in human resource department doing diversity training.

Advice to Management

Stay agile and capitalize on successes.

May 21, 2014 – Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our firm. It's great to see this feedback and encouragement to continue on our current path.

"Perennial best place to work"

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits, 2-month sabbatical every seven years, leadership that puts people ahead of $'s. Management is always approachable and no problem is too small to ignore. Intertech is all about work-life balance, which has been confirmed by numerous awards such as being voted to “Great Places to Work” for the past 7 years in a row. As a consulting and training firm, there are all sorts of opportunity to expand your skills and exercise them.

Cons

A number of consulting projects have been government focused which don’t always lend themselves to getting into hot technologies.

May 21, 2014 – Partner

We appreciate the time you took to provide this feedback. Also, we appreciate your flexibility on various client engagements. Please continue to provide us feedback on how we can continue to... More

"The best management I have experienced in my 45 years of technology work!"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) (More than 10 years)

Pros

We are all comfortable about talking to each other and with our leaders about anything. And we are listened to! As a consultant, I have great access to the training products that Intertech offers.

Cons

Intertech only hires top quality people. We all want to stay that way as technology continues to evolve.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are already doing so well! Keep communicating on what is happening here.

May 21, 2014 – Partner

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the firm you are helping us build. We are fortunate to have a solid team that share our mission & vision for the future.

"As close to my version of a perfect job as I will ever find."

Current Employee - Consultant in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Diverse projects, excellent coworkers, outstanding management and great corporate values. At Intertech I have worked in a wide range of technologies in a wide range of businesses solving a wide range of problems. That keeps things fresh and is exactly what I want to be doing.

Cons

The software development field is a constantly evolving industry. Technology comes and technology disappears quickly. It takes hard work and dedication to stay on top of technology. This is not unique to Intertech. In fact Intertech helps us keep up on technology by requiring all of us to take a week each year for education and supports certification efforts with a monetary reward.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. From the open door policy, the monthly business update, the quarterly get together, and to the annual town hall meeting you keep us informed and give us opportunities to participate in keeping Intertech successful.

May 21, 2014 – Partner

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Glassdoor. You're absolutely correct on the pace of change in our industry, at the same time that is what make it exciting. Glad to hear you appreciate the... More