KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Intertech (Minnesota) President and CEO Tom Salonek
Tom Salonek
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good People, hard to rise up.

Mar 12, 2021 - Software Developer in Eagan, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great People - Good projects

Cons

- Hard to promote to Consultant

CEO and Founder

Thanks for taking the time to share your review. We strive to hire the best people and land solid projects. It's great to hear you agree. As for being promoted a Consultant, please connect with your manager to define a plan. Thanks again for your review.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work! They value their employees.

Feb 25, 2021 - Software Consultant in Eagan, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I always felt appreciated as an employee. Working here built my confidence as a developer and a person. My manager, upper management, and client relationship manager always supported me 100%. They care about their employees and want to make sure you are happy. They also have nice incentives for working for the company past five years (a sabbatical at 7 years). The company is honest and transparent.

Cons

I didn’t know other consultants very well since I was always at the client’s office. But that’s expected at a consulting company.

CEO and Founder

Thanks for taking the time to share your review of the firm. As our most important asset, it’s great to hear you feel appreciated, know we want you to be happy, and value unique perks like our sabbatical program. Thank you again for your review.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Thoughts after 2 years...

Oct 15, 2020 - Sales in Eagan, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Intertech, working as an Account Executive for roughly two years. To name a few things I appreciate as an employee, which Intertech provides... 1) The investment in you as an employee. Not only financial investments but time invested by leaders of the firm. 2) Work environment. While Intertech provides a flexible work environment, it doesn't feel super "corporate". People care. They want you to succeed and are willing to help when requested. 3) Values. Employees are encouraged to recognize when team members exhibit Intertech's values. Meaning hard work won't go unnoticed. 4) Work-life balance.

Cons

There is nothing that comes to mind at the moment. At times, sales can be a stressful profession but I think you will find that with any company.

CEO and Founder

Thanks for taking the time to share your review and sharing your insights on how we support you as a professional and that we offer work-life-balance.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good job

Dec 14, 2020 - Sales Representative in Mankato, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible time, good pay, great people

Cons

No cons, no cons, no cons

CEO and Founder

Thanks for taking the time to share your review of Intertech. I especially appreciate the comment on great people. We strive to hire and grow the best. Thanks again.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good consulting Copany

Sep 17, 2020 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have continued to keep their consultants busy during this strenuous time. For a consulting company they make sure to meet with the group to understand where the company is and how you are they are progressing to company goals.

Cons

It goes a little against what I said above but being a consultant you sometimes become closer to your gigs employees than you do you your actual companies. But that is just part of the deal being a consultant.

CEO and Founder

Thanks for your review and your contributions to make sure we're staying busy during this time. It's good to hear that you feel in the loop on the company's goals and plan. You're correct that it can be a challenge to stay engaged with the firm as much as the client. Thanks Again.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Oct 15, 2020 - Entry Level Sales Representative in Eagan, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong leadership team Committed to the professional development of its employees Gives every employee the tools and resources they need to contribute to the vision of the company

Cons

You won't last long here if you are lazy

CEO and Founder

Thanks for taking the time to share your review of Intertech. It's great to hear that you feel supported in your role. Thanks again.

7. 2.0

Little to No Loyalty or Compassion

Apr 3, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ Offers a $1,500 office supply stipend upon joining + Offers about 100 hours of PTO at the start of the year for vacation and sick time + A lot of talented consultants + Offers work from home two days of the week for consultants + Offers bonuses for recruiting new clients and employees, utilizing time billing to clients, teaching training classes, and making content for website + Encourages consultants to educate themselves on current technologies + Free snacks and sodas, as well as catered lunches from time to time

Cons

- Predatory tactics to enforce employees to bill clients - No loyalty to long-standing employees (one employee was laid off after over 20 years of service) - No compassion for employees who are in vulnerable positions (one employee was laid off a couple weeks after having a baby) - CEO makes jokes about employees, albeit in front of them, as a means to make others laugh - Company can be very cliquey, depending on how marketable you are

1 person found this review helpful

CEO and Founder

I appreciate your positive comments on the firm. Thank you. We do offer a generous $1,500, no strings attached budget for someone to outfit their home office when they join our firm. Given the current pandemic, having all of our people work well from home is critical. The fact that we have been doing this for many years has set us up to serve our customers at the highest level during the current stay-in-shelter order. On the team front, I agree with your observations that we have top-notch professionals, offer a variety of bonuses, and encourage education. Staying current, up-to-date, and focused on the newest technology is very important to us. Concerning the “cons,” I think you misuse the word “predatory.” When we ask our consultants to bill for time spent on a project, we are doing what any company would expect of their team members, and any client would expect of a professional resource. We would not bill for the time that is not specific to a project and would never ask a consultant to do so. It goes against our principles, and we would not have continued to grow since 1991 if we had done this. Our team has always been respectful of our clients and one another and take pride in what they do. As to your comment on “loyalty,” please know that we’ve treated everyone with kindness and respect. Every situation is different and private. On the compassion front, the Intertech Foundation, funded solely by Intertech, in the past month, has donated significantly to a local hospice and multiple schools. We’ve doubled our STEM scholarships for this spring and are offering another set of scholarships this fall. Lastly, yes, I enjoy joking. It’s in good fun and, as you shared, not behind a person’s back. In this world, it’s something we all need, and possibly in bigger doses. Thank you for outlining many of the good things about working at Intertech and our fantastic team, as well as giving me a chance to clarify the differences we may have had.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Place to Work

May 13, 2020 - Sales in Eagan, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

hands-off management style, work/life balance, financially stable, great people, great clients.

Cons

If you're looking for a 9-5, punch-in/punch-out, this wouldn't be the place for you.

CEO and Founder

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I agree 100% on great clients and great professionals in the firm—also, thanks for the advice on continuing to create an environment where careers are made—that's our goal!

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Below Average Pay

Oct 15, 2020 - Senior Consultant in Eagan, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Below average competence is a good thing here.

Cons

Management really only looks out for themselves.

CEO and Founder

While your time to leave a review is appreciated, we disagree on all fronts. In particular, you state "below average competence." That's simply untrue. We hire only one in 20 applicants based on rigorous interviewing and reference checks. We also make continuous training and learning a top priority for all employees. That's probably why Intertech was named one of the Top 30 firms in Tech by Fortune Magazine and one of the Top 10 Consulting Firms in America by Consulting Magazine. We've been trusted by some of the world's leading organizations as they pivoted to new technologies, including NASA, 3M, Intel, Microsoft, British Petroleum, and the United States Air Force, Army, and Navy. (Sorry to be a "name dropper" but the facts speak for themselves.) On the comment of "only looks out for themselves," again, I'm not sure where that's coming from. In addition to providing highly competitive compensation packages, we have pioneered such benefits as a three-month paid sabbatical (time off) after seven months of continuous service. We listen to employees and respect them by providing full transparency of key business metrics on a regular basis. We also believe strongly in giving back to our community. The Intertech Foundation, started by me and my wife and funded solely by Intertech, has helped many families with terminally ill children through the Ronald McDonald Foundation and Crescent Cove, a children's hospice. We have expanded the Foundation to include support for dozens of STEM robotics teams and a college scholarship to help young people who want to pursue STEM careers.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

good company with skilled staff

Sep 5, 2020 - Consultant in Eagan, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

learn hard and work harder

Cons

small company with less benefits in southern suburbs

CEO and Founder

Thanks for sharing your review of Intertech. We focus on hiring top-notch professionals and further developing talent through learning. On benefits, if you have suggestions, please talk with your manager.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Reviews