Intertech (Minnesota) Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 20 reviews

4.9
Intertech (Minnesota) CEO Tom Salonek
Tom Salonek
  1. "Small company with good people where hard work is rewarded"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time for more than a year

Pros

The size of the company and an openness to input allows all of it's employees to leave their fingerprints on the business. Hard work is recognized and rewarded. A quality work/life balance is encouraged and supported by management.

Cons

In office environment is hit or miss depending on what you are looking out of an office space, but this is also improving.

Intertech (Minnesota)2019-01-17

January 18, 2019CEO and Founder

Great to hear you feel hard work is recognized and there's a healthy work/life balance. If you have thoughts on how to improve the office environment, please let me know.

2. "Intertech is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales AE in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity, uncapped commission, ability to make personal connections with co-workers, always staying up on newest tech. Family first company

Cons

Not as social as other places with larger workforce.

Intertech (Minnesota)2019-01-16

January 18, 2019CEO and Founder

Thanks for the positive feedback! If you have ideas to increase social interaction, please let me know.

"It's a great place to work"

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time

Pros

- Highly motivated company - Great place to build your skills - Management has open doors, not micromanaged - Management is transparent on company goals - You have a say in what goes on - Many different ways to earn extra bonuses/ financial rewards

Cons

- Being a consulting company it has taken longer to meet everyone, associates working at company sites.

Intertech (Minnesota)2018-04-20

"excellent place to work..."

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Intertech is a great place to work. Management is very open about how we are doing as a firm. We get a chance every year to help provide insight into how we want to change for the better. Our work environment is top notch and we get to do interesting work.

Cons

Cartain parts of the the benefit package could be a bit more competitive.

Intertech (Minnesota)2018-04-10

April 16, 2018CEO and Founder

Thanks for the nice review. I appreciate it. On benefits, like most firms, keeping costs in line for health care has been a challenge. I'll share your feedback with the leadership team. If you'd like to discuss this or other thoughts you may have, my door's always open.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) for less than a year

Pros

friendly,kind and open-minded culture, high quality consultants

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

N//A

Intertech (Minnesota)2018-03-29

April 2, 2018Senior Marketing Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate it and are glad you feel good about your start with Intertech.

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, good leadership, competitive pay and benefits.

Cons

If you are constantly on site with clients, it is difficult to connect with others within the company. This is not a criticism of Intertech as a company; it is just the nature of consulting. Also, health care costs have gone up significantly in the last few years.

Intertech (Minnesota)2016-05-03

May 4, 2016CEO and Founder

Thanks for taking the time to share a review and for your positive feedback on team members, leadership, and overall compensation. You’re spot on that connecting with the organization when you’re at client sites is a challenge. On this front, please feel free to reach out to me ...

"Work-life balance is true"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota)

Pros

The ownership and management truly honor work-life balance at Intertech. Obviously in IT the are times when a project deliverable requires working a little extra, but that is the exception here. The company asks for, receives and try's to put improve,met suggestions in place. People are recognized and rewarded for good work. Continued learning is expected and supported. Careful in hiring very talented people who are...

Cons

The hiring process can be very slow Intertech is a flat organization. Not much of a ladder to climb.

Intertech (Minnesota)2016-03-28

March 29, 2016Partner

Thanks you for the review, and glad you appreciate what we are building together.

"A good consulting gig"

I worked at Intertech (Minnesota)

Pros

Excellent education benefits, consultants can teach, good owners

Cons

Can't control your work assignments

Intertech (Minnesota)2016-03-07

March 9, 2016Senior Marketing Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your employment at Intertech. As always, we appreciate the feedback.

"A unique combination of very seasoned consultants, fresh approaches and a cohesive team."

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time

Pros

This is a great place to work where people matter and can all make a difference. The majority of the consultants have years of experience delivering software and advising on many different levels of technology, process and relationships. There are several times a year we get together as a firm to talk about our shared experiences and what we are looking to accomplish this year. These gatherings reduce the feel of...

Cons

Like many consulting firms, you don't always get to pick the location of your client work. Intertech makes an effort to consider the commute for a consultant and it is a occupational hazard to not know where your next project will be geographically located. Consulting offers variety and this is just one of those areas...not bad - just something to be aware that everyone's commute will change during the course of things.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work with communication and creating a community feel within the organization!! You're efforts aren't missed even though there are times I can't attend functions due to "real life" - the best thing is I know that you know everyone has a "real life" too.

Intertech (Minnesota)2015-04-20

October 7, 2015Partner

Thank you for the time you took to provide your feedback. Glad to hear you appreciate the effort we take to communicate and know the individual employees. We recognize the location challenges that come with consulting, the good news is that clients seem to me more flexible with hours ...

10. "MIS Operations Manager"

Current Employee - MIS Operations Manager in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great coworkers and owners. Can't stress now nice it is to look forward to going to work. We have a great work life balance with the ability to work from home on demand., 3-month sabbatical for every 7 years of service is really unique.

Cons

Upward advancement can be a challenge since it's a smaller company.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on growth. It's a continual challenge to find people that fit our company. A strong focus on hiring is the only thing limiting our ability to bring in more clients.

Intertech (Minnesota)2015-04-13

April 16, 2015Senior Marketing Director

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review - thank you! It's great to hear the passion and enthusiasm for working at Intertech.

Found 20 reviews